Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-20-2009, 09:33 PM   #16
CLE[216]
C A V A L I E R S

CLE[216] has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Rank the new duos and how they will perform

Shaq outlet passing to a fastbreaking LeBron? Game over.
CLE[216] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #17
snipes12
Dirk Madness

snipes12 has not been impressing people

kobe and himself
snipes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:53 PM   #18
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
[b]Cris Bosh?

Wow.

Anyways, ignoring your stupidity, I wont rank them, just do a quick write up on them.
It's a typo... jeez
Nets fan 93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:58 AM   #19
Big Al All day
lol lmao wtf? : |

Big Al All day has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotbacon23
mike miller and gilbert arenas = # 1
HA! Mike "I can make three's but i don't wanna take them anymore" Miller, and Gilbert "Eh my team isn't winning why should I come back and play now" Arenas?
Big Al All day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:10 AM   #20
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

hayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUnstopable
a) Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor
b) Hedo Turkoglu and Cris Bosh
c) Andre Miller and Brandon Roy
d) Dirk Nowitzki and Shawn Marion
e) Lebron James and Shaquille O'Neal
f) Vince Carter and Dwight Howard

My Order:
F
E
C
D
B
A
I wont rank but ill give my thoughts on them.
A) Good, young, defensive. Not spectacular but cp3 can make anyone an offensive threat.
B)I wish that Hedo was younger so that they could grow together but im not a magician. Might be soft but it will work good, Bosh for most of the game then in crunch time you got hedo. Either make or break in the sense that they could be too soft and just be dominated, or their offense could destroy some teams.
C)Love Broy, Dre is getting quite a bit older so im not sure how he will do, got scoring from everywhere with these two.
D)Dirk with Prime shawn marion would have been beast mode, to bad thats not the case but with Jkidd there to lead the break Marion may come back.. a little.
E)I think they will do great, especially with shaqs veteran leadership and playoff experience. Even without phoenix's miracle medical staff lebron can handle regular season if shaq wants to sit a few games, then playoffs they will unleash the beast.
F)My favourite so far, you got two of the most entertaining players at their respective positions, two dunk champs. Will be awesome to watch. I think dwight will be hungry for a ring and VC most definately wants one, we will see a highly motivated VC this year, cant wait.
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:15 AM   #21
sirkeelma
Local High School Star

sirkeelma is popular on this boardsirkeelma is popular on this boardsirkeelma is popular on this boardsirkeelma is popular on this board

hawkfan and Nostradamus.
sirkeelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:59 AM   #22
andredagiant
Decent playground baller

andredagiant has decent reputation

Vince Carter and Dwight Howard-1
I think alot of people are underrating Vince and Dwight's combo, I mean do you realize how much better Vince is than Hedo? Even though he only takes occasional drives to the basket, when he does, it will draw so much attention that Dwight can easily just clean up the boards and do a putback dunk, I think this duo will be one to watch for sure.

Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor-2
To be honest Okafor is just a solid player, nothing spectacular but that may change with the help of the best PG in the league right now, CP3, plus he may actually provide offense other than alley-oops and put back dunks a la Tyson Chandler, which is not a bad thing to have, especially when you consider how inconsistent David West can sometimes become.

Hedo Turkoglu and Chris Bosh-3
This combo is another underrated combo, in fact this is the first time I've seen anyone mention this combo, but when you have 2 6"10 shooters, as well as one "inside" player (sometimes ) in CB it will never be a bad thing, plus Hedo will be an upgrade over whoever their backup PG is.

Lebron James and Shaquille O'Neal-4
Personally, this combo seems a bit overrated to me, I mean sure Shaq is better than Z but the thing is, he is a year older, who knows how good the trainers in Cleveland are in comparison to the Suns training staff, and the thing alot of people mention which I agree with is the fact that Shaq will clog up the lane which will give Lebron less room to do his stuff, this wasn't a problem with big Z because he always liked to hang around mid court so he can get his shot off, but with Shaq mm....who knows, maybe they can think of some way to deal with this problem, but I seriously doubt it, I think Lebron will have to become what Dwyane Wade was during the Heat's championship run for them to become successful, which I think he is capable of doing, but not too sure if Shaq has enough left to be as good as last season.

Andre Miller and Brandon Roy-5
This is probably one of the weirder combos on here, because all except for this one includes a big man(to some extent) and a little man, but with this one it's 2 little men, I think it won't be too bad because Andre will provide some veteran leadership that Roy is unable to provide because he is still relatively fresh in comparison to Miller in terms of years in the league. And it would be good if Brandon can play off the ball instead of dribbling up the court and trying to initiate the offense all the time, which Miller is able to do, great pickup by Portland but in comparison to the duos ranked above them, probably will not be as good though still solid.

Dirk Nowitzki and Shawn Marion-6
I don't see any difference with this combo and Dwyane Wade and Marion nor Bosh and Marion, it is just another star player with Marion, personally I think this combo is wrong, it would be more like Jason Kidd and Shawn Marion instead, in the sense that they will work together, because Marion likes to run the fast break and get his dunks and all that and Jason Kidd loves to make those alley-oop or fast break passes, therefore, I don't really consider this a duo, Dirk isn't exactly known for his passing abilities or the ability to make his teammates better, it will be more of a JKidd and Marion combo in my opinion, therefore, this combo seems the least effective to me.
andredagiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:04 AM   #23
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Nate McMillan said Andre Miller would be coming off the bench
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:59 AM   #24
josh99
Local High School Star

josh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andredagiant
Vince Carter and Dwight Howard-1
I think alot of people are underrating Vince and Dwight's combo, I mean do you realize how much better Vince is than Hedo? Even though he only takes occasional drives to the basket, when he does, it will draw so much attention that Dwight can easily just clean up the boards and do a putback dunk, I think this duo will be one to watch for sure.

Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor-2
To be honest Okafor is just a solid player, nothing spectacular but that may change with the help of the best PG in the league right now, CP3, plus he may actually provide offense other than alley-oops and put back dunks a la Tyson Chandler, which is not a bad thing to have, especially when you consider how inconsistent David West can sometimes become.

Hedo Turkoglu and Chris Bosh-3
This combo is another underrated combo, in fact this is the first time I've seen anyone mention this combo, but when you have 2 6"10 shooters, as well as one "inside" player (sometimes ) in CB it will never be a bad thing, plus Hedo will be an upgrade over whoever their backup PG is.

Lebron James and Shaquille O'Neal-4
Personally, this combo seems a bit overrated to me, I mean sure Shaq is better than Z but the thing is, he is a year older, who knows how good the trainers in Cleveland are in comparison to the Suns training staff, and the thing alot of people mention which I agree with is the fact that Shaq will clog up the lane which will give Lebron less room to do his stuff, this wasn't a problem with big Z because he always liked to hang around mid court so he can get his shot off, but with Shaq mm....who knows, maybe they can think of some way to deal with this problem, but I seriously doubt it, I think Lebron will have to become what Dwyane Wade was during the Heat's championship run for them to become successful, which I think he is capable of doing, but not too sure if Shaq has enough left to be as good as last season.

Andre Miller and Brandon Roy-5
This is probably one of the weirder combos on here, because all except for this one includes a big man(to some extent) and a little man, but with this one it's 2 little men, I think it won't be too bad because Andre will provide some veteran leadership that Roy is unable to provide because he is still relatively fresh in comparison to Miller in terms of years in the league. And it would be good if Brandon can play off the ball instead of dribbling up the court and trying to initiate the offense all the time, which Miller is able to do, great pickup by Portland but in comparison to the duos ranked above them, probably will not be as good though still solid.

Dirk Nowitzki and Shawn Marion-6
I don't see any difference with this combo and Dwyane Wade and Marion nor Bosh and Marion, it is just another star player with Marion, personally I think this combo is wrong, it would be more like Jason Kidd and Shawn Marion instead, in the sense that they will work together, because Marion likes to run the fast break and get his dunks and all that and Jason Kidd loves to make those alley-oop or fast break passes, therefore, I don't really consider this a duo, Dirk isn't exactly known for his passing abilities or the ability to make his teammates better, it will be more of a JKidd and Marion combo in my opinion, therefore, this combo seems the least effective to me.
Nice analysis. Where you from in NZ?
josh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:13 AM   #25
MrUnstopable
Decent college freshman

MrUnstopable is starting to rub some people the wrong wayMrUnstopable is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
No Gordon and Griffin?
No one would even touch that...
MrUnstopable is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: