Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-29-2006, 09:35 PM   #16
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
He is talented. I'm always worried when a talented young player, especially a rookie, plays in the same city he played college ball in. Felton really struggled when he arrived in Charlotte, but he started to play well at the end of the year. I think he can handle it, but it is a concern going into the season.

I think it's all about adjusting to the style of NBA play as opposed to college ball.

Like I used to play In a high school league, and then moved up to college.

My first few games i couldnt score anything because of the level of physical play in the college, but I adjusted and fit in perfect in coahc's offense.

I am not trying to get off point but it will take him at least 10 games to get accustomed to playing with the big boys.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:56 PM   #17
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I think it's all about adjusting to the style of NBA play as opposed to college ball.

Like I used to play In a high school league, and then moved up to college.

My first few games i couldnt score anything because of the level of physical play in the college, but I adjusted and fit in perfect in coahc's offense.

I am not trying to get off point but it will take him at least 10 games to get accustomed to playing with the big boys.

It's going to take Farmer at least a year to adjust to the NBA, learn what he needs to learn to be an NBA point guard, and learn the triangle. He's a rookie and point guard is a tough transition to make from college to the pros.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:02 PM   #18
Batchoy
Decent playground baller

Batchoy has an OK reputation so far

The Lakers did a good job with the drafting of Jordan Farmar and the trade for Maurice Evans. Farmar will most likely be the relief PG for Smush Parker, because I don't think he will be able to figure out, let alone comprehend, the triangle in one summer. Though I do think Farmar will eventually become the starter at PG.

Maurice Evans will be the sparkplug off the bench, coming in for the SG or SF. He can give The Lakers energy with his hustle and defense. Something that was lacking last season. At the very least, he will be more productive than Jim Jackson and Aaron McKie.

But, even with those 2 nice draft day moves, I don't think The Lakers have improved themselves to the point of doing better than this past season. I still see at least 4 Western Conference teams (Dalls, San Antonio, Phoenix, Sacramento) ahead of them with 4 more teams (Houston, Clippers, Memphis, Denver) with the same chance, and maybe even better, as The Lakers. Exactly the same position they were in the last playoffs. To make that next step to get deeper into the playoffs, The Lakers have to make a trade for a another superstar. Because all I see are baby steps, in terms of getting a Championship team formed, from Laker management. If this is going to happen, I see Kobe's prime years (3-4 more years) passing him by without getting a chance at another Championship.
Batchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: