Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 03-08-2007, 03:20 PM   #1
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Is it a unanimous opinion that Aaron Gray is going to be a stiff in the NBA?

The guy is a putting up a double-double in a strong conference,(Big East) Has developed over four years, is 7 feet tall, and likes to mix it up inside. But the seemingly consesus opinion is that he will be a career backup at best in the NBA.

My question is, is there anyone out there that actually LIKES him as an NBA prospect? Would any fan out there be OK with him if he was drafted by your favorite team in the lottery?
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:09 PM   #2
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Is it a unanimous opinion that Aaron Gray is going to be a stiff in the NBA?

I have talked to big East fans and they say he will be a good NBA player. Me personally I wasn't impressed by what I saw, but I only saw him for a short period of time.
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:50 PM   #3
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Is it a unanimous opinion that Aaron Gray is going to be a stiff in the NBA?

0-9 in the 1st half against Hibbert. I'd be shocked if he's a first rounder.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:36 AM   #4
garytalarino
Kids at the park dunk on me

garytalarino has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
0-9 in the 1st half against Hibbert. I'd be shocked if he's a first rounder.

Of course he'll be a first-rounder. He's big, strong and white. There's always some idiot GM that'll think he's the second coming of Mike Gminski, and will take him before the 20th pick. Doc Rivers was on PTI the other day talking about the choice between Oden and Durant, and his quote was, "you always pick size". For some reason, NBA GM's think you need a prototypical center (7 feet, 260 and above) to compete in the NBA, when teams are showing it on a nightly basis that you don't.

Gray's pumping gas back in Pittsburgh within 3 years...
garytalarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:20 PM   #5
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

Gray will make a fine pro. He may be a backup, but I still think he is a first rounder. It isn't the lottery, but I would be happy with the Rockets taking him to become Yao's backup. I don't think he will ever be a great player, but solid, and worth a 1st round pick if your team needs help at center.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:37 PM   #6
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

They list him at 7'1 280, so he does have very decent NBA size. Factor in a good work ethic, and solid fundamentals and he should be able to be servicble pro along the lines of Rasho.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=453
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:12 AM   #7
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

ILuvThisGame has an OK reputation so far

Rasho is an excellent comparison and if a team I hated picked a player of Rasho's caliber in the 1st round I would be pissed.... Who uses a 1st round pick on a guy who's career game is 20 and 10? The first round is to get a guy who's hopefully going to average 20 and 10 over his career.
ILuvThisGame is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: