Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Default Re: Mavericks Acquire Shawn Marion

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    How does this help the Mavericks? I dont see a defender on that starting line-up?
    Josh Howard are Shawn Marion are both good defenders.

Default Re: Four-team trade sending Hedo Turkoglu to Raptors and Shawn Marion to Mavericks done

Quote Originally Posted by Quata
    Hoping Jawai can get some game time in dallas, kid has potential, he is sort of like brandon bass....bit bigger with a little bit of a worse jumper, not a bad one for his size though.
    He has a decent post game, give him a few years and he will develop

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Default Re: Four-team trade sending Hedo Turkoglu to Raptors and Shawn Marion to Mavericks done

so why does Toronto do this again?

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    To get rid of Marion, get some cap space and strengthen up thier bench...

I hope Gortat doesn't flop this year, he showed some promise in ORL but I think the Mavs overpaid him... Their only weakness is at the center position..1 trough 4, they're set...
    Imagine them going small with a line up of:

1. J-Kidd
    2. Terry
    3. Howard
    4. Marion
    5. Dirk

That's killer. All guys can run the floor and Kidd is still one of the best at finding the open man. Marion did good when playing with Stephon, Kidd and Nash in PHX. I thought he'd be good with Calderon as his PG, but he wasn't.. hope this gets him back on track a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    Marion did good when playing with Stephon, Kidd and Nash in PHX. I thought he'd be good with Calderon as his PG, but he wasn't.. hope this gets him back on track a bit.
    To be fair to Marion, Jose isn't anywhere near the same level as Kidd, Nash or a prime Starbury, and was injured a bunch last season to boot.

Dunking on everybody in the park greensborohill's Avatar

They benefit by being over the cap and making the trade b/c it allows them to have a MLE. If they had renounced Marion & others, they would have had room for just Hedo.

Dunking on everybody in the park Gregsguys's Avatar

Default Re: Four-team trade sending Hedo Turkoglu to Raptors and Shawn Marion to Mavericks do

Toronto does it to free up the two exemptions which would allow them to add possibly Rasho, Delfino and/or others.

While getting rid of Jawai and Hump shrinks the bench the gain of Rasho and others would strengthen the whole team.

Local High School Star Pain of Thought's Avatar

I haven't been keeping close tabs on Bosh, but has he publically implicated he wants to leave Toronto after this season? Will Toronto even have the cap space free to offer Bosh the contract he'll be worth?

If Bosh stays with the Raptors and plays along side Hedo, that's certainly noticeable. I'm not a big fan of Jose Calderon, but he's a serviceable PG.

Not airballing my layups anymore

You don't need cap space to re-sign a player who's already on the team.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

mavericks r just getting olderby completing this trade..

o well theyll still make the play-offs now with shaq out of pheonix

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    mavericks r just getting olderby completing this trade..

o well theyll still make the play-offs now with shaq out of pheonix
    you math sucks. They got younger.

They traded a 34 year old Stack for a 31 year old Marion.

Also, I think that by adding Orlando into the deal they probably have a wink wink deal where the Mavs left Bass alone and the Magic won't match Gortat. (who will make the Mavs even younger)

Magic Johnson

This is a great move but it could turn out to bite them in the ass if Dirk, Kidd, etc start showing their etc. This is an old team.

Local High School Star bballnoob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    This is a great move but it could turn out to bite them in the ass if Dirk, Kidd, etc start showing their etc. This is an old team.
    The trade does not affect the age/health of Dirk or Kidd at all.

NUGGETS ALL THE WAY Mr Clutch Melo's Avatar

Default Re: Mavericks Acquire Shawn Marion

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    Josh Howard are Shawn Marion are both good defenders.
    The problem is that none of them can shut down players like Melo,Durant,James and Pierce.