Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #31
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTank
Posts: 22,668
Default Re: What if Knicks didn't went for Lebron

Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #32
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: What if Knicks didn't went for Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
I'm not saying that Gallo is a superstar, of course, but he's growing as the main contributor in a .600+ team; something that WC never was and will never be even close to being.

This argument is an absolute joke lmao Main contributor? He's getting the same numbers he was getting here/ WTF are you talking about? He isn't even the leading scorer on the team.Nor is he the leading rebounder. Nor is he leading in assists or blocked shot. Does "main contributor" mean lead the team in steals? If so, Gallo's your guy! The argument isn't who's better. All I said and ever said was that Chandler had the better Knicks career. You can rant and rave about Gallo's potential, as you did when he was a Knick, but bottom line is, Chandler had the better Knicks career. What either player does from here on out is no longer my concern unless they put on Knicks jerseys again.

Quote:
On the contrary Chandler was used for what he's best at: playing different positions and being so-so at every one of them.

You clearly don't know basketball. How was he used for what he's best at when he's a sf and HARDLY EVER GOT TO PLAY SMALL FORWARD! How is playing out of position and guarding players 3-4 inches taller than you every night what's best for you. Both Shawne Williams and Chandler played out of position to spare Gallo from having to play D. Only time Chandler played his position is when Gallo got BENCHED for stinking up the joint.

Quote:
When they left the Knicks, we said "we'll see how their careers will go on and who will grow as the better player", and until now there's no case - and I mean NO case - for arguing that WC is better.

Once again, I am not arguing who's better. That being said, it's ignorant to take Gallo's 1/4 of a season that was better in Denver but completely ignore Chandler outplaying him for 3 years in NY. And why do you keep saying up until now? Chandler isn't in the NBA so you have no idea what numbers he would be getting.

Quote:
Chandler looked like shit in Denver. Gallo was better on both ends of the floor. He's just a more talented player.

So once again,we're going to completely ignore that Chandler played better on both ends as a Knick because Gallo played better in about 20 games?

I'm done. Clearly, theres a Gallo bias here and some will say anything to prove their undying loyalty. Once again, my argument isn't that Gallo wont be better. Can he become a better player. Yes. Does he have more "upside".Maybe.Has he transitioned better than Chandler to the Nuggets. Absolutely. However, my argument is, and has always been, that Gallo was over glorified and while his die hard fans were telling everybody every year to watch out for his break out year, it never came and EVERY YEAR HE WAS A NEW YORK KNICK, WILSON CHANDLER OUTPLAYED HIM. PERIOD!

Last edited by franchize : 01-20-2012 at 08:00 PM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #33
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Default Re: What if Knicks didn't went for Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
So once again,we're going to completely ignore that Chandler played better on both ends as a Knick because Gallo played better in about 20 games?

I'm done. Clearly, theres a Gallo bias here and some will say anything to prove their undying loyalty. Once again, my argument isn't that Gallo wont be better. Can he become a better player. Yes. Does he have more "upside".Maybe.Has he transitioned better than Chandler to the Nuggets. Absolutely. However, my argument is, and has always been, that Gallo was over glorified and while his die hard fans were telling everybody every year to watch out for his break out year, it never came and EVERY YEAR HE WAS A NEW YORK KNICK, WILSON CHANDLER OUTPLAYED HIM. PERIOD!
I disagree. Gallo was consistently more effective while getting fewer touches than Chandler. He should have gotten the ball more while he was here. Chandler put up some okay numbers, but I never felt he really impacted the outcome of the game.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #34
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: What if Knicks didn't went for Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
I disagree. Gallo was consistently more effective while getting fewer touches than Chandler. He should have gotten the ball more while he was here. Chandler put up some okay numbers, but I never felt he really impacted the outcome of the game.
Typical excuses. All I know is Chandlers "ok" numbers were better than Gallos. He contribted way more on defense and was a far better rebounder. So how Gallo effected the game more than him is something only a Gallo fan can explain.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #35
Jasi
Quality?
 
Jasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where the Rooster first crowed
Posts: 7,245
Default Re: What if Knicks didn't went for Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
This argument is an absolute joke lmao Main contributor? He's getting the same numbers he was getting here/ WTF are you talking about? He isn't even the leading scorer on the team.Nor is he the leading rebounder. Nor is he leading in assists or blocked shot. Does "main contributor" mean lead the team in steals? If so, Gallo's your guy!
Stats If you watched Nuggets games you would know why he's the main guy there, though not in a consistent fashion.


Quote:
The argument isn't who's better. All I said and ever said was that Chandler had the better Knicks career. You can rant and rave about Gallo's potential, as you did when he was a Knick, but bottom line is, Chandler had the better Knicks career. What either player does from here on out is no longer my concern unless they put on Knicks jerseys again.

Fine. I've said from the start, and over and over again, that Chandler may have outplayed him statistically while on the Knicks, but that Gallo's better and their careers will prove this.
The fact that Wilson had a better Knicks career was due to D'Antoni only.

Quote:
You clearly don't know basketball. How was he used for what he's best at when he's a sf and HARDLY EVER GOT TO PLAY SMALL FORWARD! How is playing out of position and guarding players 3-4 inches taller than you every night what's best for you. Both Shawne Williams and Chandler played out of position to spare Gallo from having to play D. Only time Chandler played his position is when Gallo got BENCHED for stinking up the joint.

If WC was to play the SF role that like Gallo was forced to do (a 3p-shooting-only SF), he wouldn't have put up the numbers that he put up by playing other roles.


Quote:
Once again, I am not arguing who's better. That being said, it's ignorant to take Gallo's 1/4 of a season that was better in Denver but completely ignore Chandler outplaying him for 3 years in NY. And why do you keep saying up until now? Chandler isn't in the NBA so you have no idea what numbers he would be getting.

But I am
I don't ignore their Knicks stint, but I've given the explanation as to why Dumbtoni's system was detrimental for the one and good for the other.



Quote:
So once again,we're going to completely ignore that Chandler played better on both ends as a Knick because Gallo played better in about 20 games?

20 games where they both were free to play according to their strengths.

Quote:
I'm done. Clearly, theres a Gallo bias here and some will say anything to prove their undying loyalty. Once again, my argument isn't that Gallo wont be better. Can he become a better player. Yes. Does he have more "upside".Maybe.Has he transitioned better than Chandler to the Nuggets. Absolutely. However, my argument is, and has always been, that Gallo was over glorified and while his die hard fans were telling everybody every year to watch out for his break out year, it never came and EVERY YEAR HE WAS A NEW YORK KNICK, WILSON CHANDLER OUTPLAYED HIM. PERIOD!

I think there's a WC bias there instead

Anyways, to read these words from you: "my argument isn't that Gallo wont be better. Can he become a better player. Yes." is enough for me.
You would never have said this before the trade.

See? Slowly and with the aid of good manners, everyone can see the truth
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #36
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: What if Knicks didn't went for Lebron

Your argument still makes absolutely no sense IMO. For the record, you can feel free to dig up some old Gallo vs Chandler threads, but I never said Gallo didn't have the potential to be better than Wilson. I just said, while he was a Knick, he wasn't better than Chandler. That had nothing to do with D'Antoni.One player was inconsistent and one player wasn't. One player played both ends of the floor and one player didnt. One player rebounded and one player didn't. Period. As usual, this argument has gotten to the "agree to disagree" point. Im through.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #37
Jasi
Quality?
 
Jasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where the Rooster first crowed
Posts: 7,245
Default Re: What if Knicks didn't went for Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Your argument still makes absolutely no sense IMO. For the record, you can feel free to dig up some old Gallo vs Chandler threads, but I never said Gallo didn't have the potential to be better than Wilson. I just said, while he was a Knick, he wasn't better than Chandler. That had nothing to do with D'Antoni.One player was inconsistent and one player wasn't. One player played both ends of the floor and one player didnt. One player rebounded and one player didn't. Period. As usual, this argument has gotten to the "agree to disagree" point. Im through.

Fine

PS As a homage to our common Knicks loyalty, I won't mention yesterday's game by Gallo
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:21 AM   #38
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: What if Knicks didn't went for Lebron

He had a good game....


He also almost ... cost Denver the game too
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:04 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy