Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Default anyone realise the self affirmations in lyrics??

for you that dont really know what self affirmations are. in layman terms its basically when you saying something to yourself over and over again and it becomes your reality through your own belief system or subconcious mind.

in other words you say something to yourself or someone else says it to you enough times you eventually believe it true story.

example: a little girl gets told by her father everyday that she is fat (even though shes not) she end up being one of those selfconcious people who wont eat because it got drilled into her mind

or: hilter telling an entire nation repeatedly that the jews were to blame. everybody actually believed him anyway...

I was driving to work and listening to a song and singing along without actually realising the affirmations i was giving myself. you may know it.

"I got bills, i need to pay so im gon work work work everyday"
    and i stopped and thought what the hell am i doing to myself do i really want to materialize this ??

and another song

"I knew my rent was gon be late about a week ago i work my ass off but i still cant pay it though"

I started get rich through self help books personal develop programes and training my mind to think and believe as a rich person. which is why im aware of this. but i find some of these mainstream lyrics in songs are really holding people down on a mass scale.

NBA All-star

Default Re: anyone realise the self affirmations in lyrics??

anyone realize that encouragement is just a heartbeat. and the theatrical dramatization of heart transplants. ?
    Last edited by GimmeThat; 06-17-2015 at 07:36 PM.