Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Bomani Jones says kobe isn't like jordan and isn't a clutch player

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    At 36 seconds, that is the perfect response to "Kobe is the best bad shot maker" that his fans for some reason love to bring up.

"What's that? What's that mean?"

Perfect.
    It means a guy like Kobe makes the most out of the worst situation allowing others to shine. That's why Smush, Kwame and friends were a top 10 offense. That's why Shaq could be Shaq without Kobe clogging the lane. Other superstars turn Bosh into jumpshooters and Wade into 6th men as long as they get theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    It means a guy like Kobe makes the most out of the worst situation allowing others to shine. That's why Smush, Kwame and friends were a top 10 offense. That's why Shaq could be Shaq without Kobe clogging the lane. Other superstars turn Bosh into jumpshooters and Wade into 6th men as long as they get theirs.
    4 finals, 2 titles...and you'd trade for that scenario without question.

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    4 finals, 2 titles...and you'd trade for that scenario without question.
    Leastern Conference tho

Leastern Conference tho
    is that your excuse for the west not winning all 4?

He is taking over 5 threes a game shooting 27.4%.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Don't know if it aired. It was titled "Behind the Horn" so it might be an internet exclusive. It was ten times more watchable than the show itself as it actually contained seemingly legitimate discourse.
    Yes that makes sense. You can tell they dispensed with the official niceties and you can see JA Adande, a life long Lakers fan, grew legitimately agitated. I wish we saw more of this kind of stuff.

On a side note... The one person I'd love to have a 2 hour, no-holds barred, 100% confidential lunch with would be ISIAH THOMAS. He's like a chameleon -- he becomes whatever is needed for whatever broadcast he's on. He's too smart, has too much hood in him and too competitive for me to buy the act. I'd love to know his real opinions on everything from the Big Three (MJ, Magic, Bird), his non-biased top ten championship team rankings, how he analyzes his career and the perception of it, the CBA, the Knicks experience and the overall state of the NBA. I just know the things he said in practice and in huddles will die with the team and never see the light of day.

There's something there. He had too much fire. I mean, he stepped to 7'1" Bill Cartwright in Chicago. Now we see him joking around and glad-handing everybody on NBA TV. I want the real Isiah. I think he has some insights that would blow people's minds. I want to see the Isiah that Adrian Dantley hates so much!

funny kobe is the man

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    Yes that makes sense. You can tell they dispensed with the official niceties and you can see JA Adande, a life long Lakers fan, grew legitimately agitated. I wish we saw more of this kind of stuff.

On a side note... The one person I'd love to have a 2 hour, no-holds barred, 100% confidential lunch with would be ISIAH THOMAS. He's like a chameleon -- he becomes whatever is needed for whatever broadcast he's on. He's too smart, has too much hood in him and too competitive for me to buy the act. I'd love to know his real opinions on everything from the Big Three (MJ, Magic, Bird), his non-biased top ten championship team rankings, how he analyzes his career and the perception of it, the CBA, the Knicks experience and the overall state of the NBA. I just know the things he said in practice and in huddles will die with the team and never see the light of day.

There's something there. He had too much fire. I mean, he stepped to 7'1" Bill Cartwright in Chicago. Now we see him joking around and glad-handing everybody on NBA TV. I want the real Isiah. I think he has some insights that would blow people's minds. I want to see the Isiah that Adrian Dantley hates so much!
    I think the closest I ever got to seeing the real Isiah was his conversation with Bill Simmons in The Book on Basketball. Even then, yeah, he's talking to media - but it seemed a touch more real than his on-air personality.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    At 36 seconds, that is the perfect response to "Kobe is the best bad shot maker" that his fans for some reason love to bring up.

"What's that? What's that mean?"

Perfect.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it means he's best at making bad shots.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I think the closest I ever got to seeing the real Isiah was his conversation with Bill Simmons in The Book on Basketball. Even then, yeah, he's talking to media - but it seemed a touch more real than his on-air personality.
    Yep. That's where I got the idea.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Kobe has the most game winners in NBA history and has the balls to look bad.

Bomani Jones is gay, so there's that.

Kobe isn't clutch at all. He's pretty terrible by almost all measures.We just remember his makes more than his misses.

Kobe and the Clutch Playoff Performance Myth (2011)

[quote][b]In my 25 plus years of following the NBA, one of the more fascinating phenomena to me has been the plight of those that I refer to as

Great college starter

Clutch numbers in the playoffs

Playoff clutch time

(old)

updated

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...ch-think-again

Clutch isn't just defined as walk off shots and game winners. In the last 5 minutes of a game, Kobe is just as good as anyone in today's game. Or was. This year dude has been atrocious in 4th quarters.

yep, those heat doing great work without lebron

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    yep, those heat doing great work without lebron

He keeps digging himself into holes