Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 03-11-2019, 09:49 AM   #1
LAmbruh
My city. His kingdom.

Default Days Gone

Open world zombie hoard survival.

Doesn't really introduce anything unique but it sure looks entertaining af

Day-1 snag if campaign reviews are legit.

April 25th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PilyiGbVFqw
LAmbruh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:06 PM   #2
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Days Gone

It's been two years it feels like I've been reading and watching the development on this thing. A few things have always worried me about the stuff I saw, mostly the physics on some of the massive hoards of zombies, which makes it feel really shooter-y from watching gameplay footage, which has essentially been the same two clips for two years.

But piece by piece it feels like a must buy. Open world. Some light RPG elements, like upgrading the bike. A plot that could pay off. An interesting setting in the Pacific Northwest. Really a lot to like. And a lot of stuff that could go wrong. I know there were well thought of open world games that just died for me because of the world being dead, or the driving mechanics going flat (Mafia for me on both accounts).

And open worlds are going to be reaching for a new bar after Red Dead, an admittedly flawed game, but one for which the map I think might be the best I've ever played.

I'm also coming off of Spiderman, which suffers from some minor dead world issues, but is still a superb open world game, and one where traversing the map is maybe the best it's ever been in a open world.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:39 PM   #3
LAmbruh
My city. His kingdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
It's been two years it feels like I've been reading and watching the development on this thing. A few things have always worried me about the stuff I saw, mostly the physics on some of the massive hoards of zombies, which makes it feel really shooter-y from watching gameplay footage, which has essentially been the same two clips for two years.

But piece by piece it feels like a must buy. Open world. Some light RPG elements, like upgrading the bike. A plot that could pay off. An interesting setting in the Pacific Northwest. Really a lot to like. And a lot of stuff that could go wrong. I know there were well thought of open world games that just died for me because of the world being dead, or the driving mechanics going flat (Mafia for me on both accounts).

And open worlds are going to be reaching for a new bar after Red Dead, an admittedly flawed game, but one for which the map I think might be the best I've ever played.

I'm also coming off of Spiderman, which suffers from some minor dead world issues, but is still a superb open world game, and one where traversing the map is maybe the best it's ever been in a open world.

I have a feeling this game will turn out really well, or really really boring

If it's drive from camp to camp, conquer/resque, loot, repeat. It'll get stale fairly quick. It's got a good platform to have some unique strategy and dark storyline to capitalize on, they'll either execute or not.

Mad Max is a good example with a really dope open world scenery but the gameplay and quest was so redundant. (drive quest to quest, kill, loot, upgrade car, repeat) A lot of games are dry and repetitive like this.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:26 PM   #4
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAmbruh
I have a feeling this game will turn out really well, or really really boring

If it's drive from camp to camp, conquer/resque, loot, repeat. It'll get stale fairly quick. It's got a good platform to have some unique strategy and dark storyline to capitalize on, they'll either execute or not.

Mad Max is a good example with a really dope open world scenery but the gameplay and quest was so redundant. (drive quest to quest, kill, loot, upgrade car, repeat) A lot of games are dry and repetitive like this.

I agree, right now it's just short of pre-order for me. I need to see some reviews.

I remember being really hyped about The Division for a lot of similar reasons. The map seemed great. And the story felt compelling. But in the end every NYC block looked and felt the same. The bad guys were on constant repeat. The shooting didn't feel right. And the city just felt dead.

It still wasn't bad, but it always felt just short of being good. It's sequel interested me because it felt like a lot of that stuff was going to be addressed, but that now feels more like it's shooting more for multiplayer than even the first one did.

Mad Max was a game I was really interested in, waited for that first wave of reviews, and decided against it. And the reviews weren't terrible. They just pointed out some flaws that I knew would ruin it for me.

Last edited by Thorpesaurous : 03-11-2019 at 04:57 PM.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:54 PM   #5
LAmbruh
My city. His kingdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I agree, right now it's just short of pre-order for me. I need to see some reviews.

I remember being really hyped about The Division for a lot of similar reasons. The map seemed great. And the story felt compelling. But in the end every NYC block looked and felt the same. The bad guys were on constant repeat. The shooting didn't feel right. And the city just felt dead.

It still wasn't bad, but it always felt just short of being good. It's sequel interested me because it felt like a lot of that stuff was going to be addressed, but that now feels more like it's shooting more for multiplayer than even the first one did.

Mad Max was a game I was really interested in, waited for that first wave of reviews, and decided against it. And the reviews weren't terrible. They just pointed out some flaws that I knew would ruin it for me.
I like the idea how it's not just escaping from hordes but more tactical and offensive where your infiltrating feeding grounds, setting up traps and baiting them around until you bamboozle hundreds chasing

The Last of Us already perfected the stealth walking dead genre, looks like Days Gone will be more titled to mowing down swarms. I dig it
Old 03-11-2019, 08:50 PM   #6
fsvr54
Bitch Hands

I'm on the same boat as you guys, looks good, if it had good reviews I'll pick it up first day or soon after.

Next week Sekiro is coming out, I actually preordered it today, not a fan of the soulsbourne games but this one looks a lot better to me, I think it'll be awesome.
fsvr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:09 PM   #7
LAmbruh
My city. His kingdom.

New trailer looks good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKtaOY9lMvM
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: