Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 11-02-2006, 05:23 PM   #1
Nygher
Banned

Nygher has an OK reputation so far
Default Travis Outlaw...HELLO!!

After what I saw last night (vs. Seattle) Outlaw looked like he belongs in the NBA.

I know the guys on Primetime on 1080, really Big Suke have been saying he's done, but after that performance I'd say he is just getting started.

His defense is a hell-of a lot better. His game all around is a lot better

I'd compare him to a scoring, longer Ruben Patterson in his prime.

Ime didn't impress me much. He did great for a guy out of a college like Portland St. but I would be surprised if he started against Minnesotta much less Golden State tonight.
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:29 AM   #2
adrenalize
I airball my layups

adrenalize has an OK reputation so far

The thing people gotta realize about Outlaw is he has an extreamly slow learning curve. This is his 3rd season and he has improved slightly each year. The experts always pick him to have a breakout year but he doesnt really produce. I still believe he is going to be a VERY good player in the next 2 years, but he just isnt going to "break out". He is going to sneak up on the league and one day people will say "Whoh, where the heck did he come from? Has he always been this good?" Outlaw may be an incredible leaper, but he is taking baby steps to super-stardom. I just hope the Blazers dont give up on him like they did with Jermaine O'neal. I think he just doesnt have a great basketball I.Q.
adrenalize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 05:08 PM   #3
Nygher
Banned

You Also Have To Realize...This His Is First Full Season Of Actually Playing At Least 15 Minutes Or More A Night

Ever Since He's Been Drafted He's Had To Play Behind Patterson, Miles, Lenard, Randolph...What I'm Trying To Say, He's Never Really Gotten Playing Time To Show What He Can Do, But When He Did He Made The Use Of It Greatly
Old 11-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #4
Wicked_1
Great young streetballer

Wicked_1 has an OK reputation so far

he needs to learn how to quit leaning in with his shoulder when he's driving to the rack, i think in last nights game he had 4 fouls and all of them were offensive fouls and same with the clippers game also. He needs to start jab stepping, crossover or something.... he somtimes get out of control ala Ruben patterson train wreck waiting to happen
Wicked_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:54 PM   #5
Nygher
Banned

Thats why he is usually in the game playing the 4 spot in the small lineup
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: