Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-06-2007, 03:27 PM   #61
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Tyrus Thomas is a moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Zaza
Its called willing suspension of disbeleif --

We all know that NBA players go into the AS game, AS Events and alotr of regualr season and playoff games - -a little effortless, a little uncaring, a little bit blase'.

We know that after 'Melo fought with JJ, a bunch of Knicks and a bunch of Nuggs went out to grab a bite to eat...

...but, as fans, we suspend those beleifs. We allow ourselves to beleive that every game means as much to the players as it does to us. That Ewing's K really did hate 'Zo's Heat. That the players are actually honored to be namedi n the AS game.

We know that Drew Barrymore really doesn't love Hugh Grant, that Li Bow Wow could not dunk a ball, and the Marlon Brando couldn't give a sh!t that James Caan got shot up...we know these things. In order to enjoy the movie, we allow ourselves to beleive - if only for 2-hours - that Brando does give sh!t.

Same thing applies here...we "know" TT doesn't care about the dunk contest. But don't tell us that. Let us root for you...because we cannot root for you if you are not rooting for yourself.

Say "man, I havent even thought about it...but its gonna be great" - still honest, but gives us reason ot suspend our disbeleif.
Beautiful.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:13 PM   #62
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I do hope you guys know that he was joking as If to say he is certainly going to win as you win alot of cash if you win the contest.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:21 PM   #63
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
There are lots of people who think the way you do. Doesn't make it any less unreasonable. To expect someone to think the same way you do simply because they perform their job on National TV is silly.

exactly.....
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:22 PM   #64
Wicked_1
Great young streetballer

Wicked_1 has an OK reputation so far

i truly hope he was being sarcastic about teh whole thing. That is definately the wrong thign to say especially if your a rookie still trying to establish yourself in the league. A lot of people will loose respect for him if that is realy the way he fills about the whole weekend.
Wicked_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:51 PM   #65
applejoe
Decent playground baller

applejoe has an OK reputation so far

I'm all for athletes speaking their mind, but that's pretty stupid for Thomas to say something like that to the media even though that's how he feels
applejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:52 PM   #66
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
I do hope you guys know that he was joking as If to say he is certainly going to win as you win alot of cash if you win the contest.

I hope that is what he was implying when he made those statements it would make a lot more sense if that is what he meant.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:36 PM   #67
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

well, apparently jim paxson feels the same way i do about the situation.

so for all you yutz's out there who disagreed with me, go suck a d!ck.

TT is dumb and shouldn't have said what he said... now it's going to cost him 10k... but if you still feel like sticking up for this GENIUS, please do.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:46 PM   #68
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
well, apparently jim paxson feels the same way i do about the situation.

so for all you yutz's out there who disagreed with me, go suck a d!ck.

TT is dumb and shouldn't have said what he said... now it's going to cost him 10k... but if you still feel like sticking up for this GENIUS, please do.

Does anyone else find it kinda amusing that the same kat that is praising Jim Paxson for his attempt at censorship told all those that disagree with him to "suck a d%$k"?
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:47 PM   #69
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

-___-'
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:48 PM   #70
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Does anyone else find it kinda amusing that the same kat that is praising Jim Paxson for his attempt at censorship told all those that disagree with him to "suck a d%$k"?

But hey Tyrus cant say certain things but he can.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:52 PM   #71
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hope he gets booed in Vegas
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:53 PM   #72
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
But hey Tyrus cant say certain things but he can.

thats right, i'm not in the NBA and my comments aren't broadcasted to thousands, i don't have a multi-million dollar contract that comes with multi-million dollar responsibilies...

and for the record, i never praised paxson... we simply share the same opinion that what TT said was idiotic.

Last edited by DoubleTech : 02-06-2007 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:02 PM   #73
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
thats right, i'm not in the NBA and my comments aren't broadcasted to thousands, i don't have a multi-million dollar contract that comes with multi-million dollar responsibilies...

So basically you're saying, Tyrus Thomas, "the dumbass clown" is a better person than you cause he has a multi-million dollar contract.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:10 PM   #74
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
So basically you're saying, Tyrus Thomas, "the dumbass clown" is a better person than you cause he has a multi-million dollar contract.

no, i'm saying he has more responsibilities than i do, one being watching what he says infront of the press, or not smoking weed, etc, etc... all the things that come along with being an NBA player... i don't have to watch what i say on the internet. i watch what i say around my family, my boss, or any other times i feel i have to use discretion.

tyrus clearly doesn't feel he has to be careful about what he says when there are 4-5 cameras and 9-10 tape recorders in his face... and for that it'll cost him a cool 10 grand.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:31 PM   #75
Rai_of_Sunshine
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Rai_of_Sunshine has an OK reputation so far

Who cares about the dunk contest. That crap is so 1980s. We all know that the the NBA All-Star weekend is a joke, so I will give Tyrus props for being hones:
Rai_of_Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: