Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Default Re: Ricky Rubio officially traded to Barcelona

Best 18 year old player in the World
    John Wall> Ricky Rubio

Sergio was a really good Euro player... his talent just hasn't translated well to the NBA. I hate to agree with sergiorodrigues... but Rubio could have similar difficulties coming into the NBA.

I do think Rubio is a slightly better player, just based on the few games I've seen. Rubio seems to have a much better IQ and feel for the game overall.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiorodriguez
    You are a retard. Delk scoring hustle points is different from Sergio hitting no look through the legs passes and running the fast break to perfection time after time after time after time all game long. And when you watch other Euro games sergio's been in (I have 25 on my computer right now idiot) you will see this game isn't a fluke.

You don't just all of a sudden gain an amazing handle and court vision for one game and then it disappears for your whole career. That is not how basketball works, you'd know this if you ever actually played the game.. Do they ever let you play it at the special ed school you obviously go to?
    Skill level of team mates and opponents can alter perceptions of someone's skill level and "court vision." Clearly you've fallen into this trap and lack the mental fortitude to see beyond it or your apparent biases.

I'd also suggest you work on your insults. They are worn out and not well thought out.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Someone show me some proof going to NY or California would result in more endorsements during the years he'd be paying off the buyout. His biggest endorsers, in my opinion, would be in Spain and the rest of Europe, something he can get playing for any NBA team. The same $500k is paid from every NBA team towards his buyout. I really don't see any other way of interpreting than him not wanting to play for Minnesota.

he's lying you moron. If he got drafted by the Lakers or Knicks he would be playing preseason right now.
    No thanks, he's not even as good as Sasha Vujacic

Good college starter

everybody here needs to take the to to read this entire article
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/...-the-Cold.html

enjoy

Learning to shoot layups

Sergio you are yourself , Sergio Rodrigez , or you are the only friend /fan of Sergio in the world ?

Calm yourself , I'll put some links from Justin to see the medal that his teammates are going to win, the best Spanish players. Maybe they can send you a copy of the medal in tin .

http://www.as.com/baloncesto/articul...sdasbal_11/Tes

About the offer of Minnesota

[QUOTE]Mi opci
    Last edited by Jonelo; 09-01-2009 at 05:10 PM.

Rise Above The Comp Dr. Hoopenstein's Avatar

Khan doesn't know what he's doing as the GM in Minnesota- point blank.

He could have ver easily drafted DeRozan or Curry to run w/ Flynn in Minny's backcourt while developing a young squad around Flynn, (DD/Curry), Jefferson & Love in the now as who knows what the future holds Rubio may never come over to the NBA. Khan should do the best job that he can in order to trade his rights ASAP to save some face in my mind.

Btw- no wonder he didn't hire a coach b4 the draft took place, a coach(Rambis) most likely would have balked at taking 2 pg's back 2 back in the upper half of the Draft Lottery- especially Rubio given his contract particulars, as coaches need to win now not later in order to hold onto their jobs while a GM may have a little more leeway than said coach in relation to job security.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by twolvesfan
    everybody here needs to take the to to read this entire article
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/...-the-Cold.html

enjoy
    The Promises of a Young Man
    You see those numbers up there? The amount he'd make in the NBA is much more than the buyout Barcelona will pay Joventut. I would need an army of international tax lawyers to confirm this (is his Spanish buyout an untaxed business expense that counts against his U.S. income?), but presumably, we can conclude that even after taxes Rubio would have had income playing in the NBA, even before endorsement income was considered.

Which means he lied to us when he said, in no uncertain terms, that he would play in the NBA for free if his buyout was too much
    Humm ..
    $3.27 million salary in 09-10, $3.51 million in 10-11
    Gross Salary - 40/45% federal taxes - escrow 10% - 4% commission of Fegan = - 55 %

Is 2,2 million euros . You need 1.5 million more , 2.1 million dolars
    Last edited by Jonelo; 09-01-2009 at 05:43 PM.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Rubio will always be an overseas player.

Not airballing my layups anymore Dr Giggles's Avatar

This is Sergio's highlight reel when he played in Europe FROM JUST 1 GAME vs Russia! Ricky Rubio's whole career he can't put together a highlight reel like Sergio did every game he played!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qKGW...eature=related
    You fail to mention that the clip you posted is from a Junior level game were the best player he faced was Korolev who was a colossal bust for the Clippers, Rubio was also raping the competition at the Junior level when he was actually younger than the rest of the players he faced.

I'm from the same island as Sergio, i've seen him play countless times, nobody on this site want's him to succeed more than I do, but he is NOT better than Ricky. They have basically the same strenghts, but Rubio is the better defender and any advantage Sergio has in shooting is not really significant because he isn't a good shooter himself.

Rubio might still be a bust, as I said he, is quite similar to Sergio in some aspects and he seems to be a bit of a primadonna, but I think he did the right thing by staying in Spain for a couple of seasons and improve his game, I think leaving too early is the mistake that Sergio made.

I haven't posted in two years, but you're just too dumb to keep quiet, thanks, you motivated me to break my silence.

sergiorodriguez
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Skill level of team mates and opponents can alter perceptions of someone's skill level and "court vision." Clearly you've fallen into this trap and lack the mental fortitude to see beyond it or your apparent biases.

I'd also suggest you work on your insults. They are worn out and not well thought out.
    Rubio is playing in Spain and for the national team. Sergio played in Spain and on the national team. Sergio dominated europe more than Ricky ever has. Clearly you are a moron.

Your whole argument is based on one youtube video. Do you realize everyone in this thread is making fun of you because you're an idiot?

sergiorodriguez
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Your whole argument is based on one youtube video. Do you realize everyone in this thread is making fun of you because you're an idiot?
    wrong failure. My argument is based off the 26 full games i have on my computer, and the live games i've watched sergio over the past 5 years on satelite.

I just posted the youtube clip for the common idiot like you to see how an NBA scrub like Sergio dominated in Europe, while Ricky is not close to that dominant in Europe.

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

yea this sucks. wish hed be here. kahn said they had an agreement set in place saturday night but he backed out of it yesterday.

whatever. wolves arent winning anything anytime soon. nice to have the asset in our back pocket