Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 03-07-2009, 10:54 AM   #1
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Will we make the playoffs? - Examining March's schedule

After next weeks games where we play both the Spurs and the Rockets we only have one other game where we play an elite team in the league (March 31 hosting the Lakers). That means of the 12 games remaining in the month 9 are very winnable (including the team with the worst record in the league Sacramento, Toronto, 2 games against the Knicks, the Pacers who may still be missing Danny Granger, and the injury-plagued Wizards). Seeing that now everybody's relatively healthy (knock on wood) and after winning 5 straight games we're now only 1 1/2 games out of the 8th spot I'm really liking our chances.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:10 AM   #2
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Will we make the playoffs? - Examining March's schedule

Im 90% sure we make the playoffs.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:31 PM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

When you look at the schedule, you can't really look at individual teams. The fact we play the Knicks twice bothers me because we never seem to beat them. The same with the Spurs and Rockets. So at this point, it's all about matchups.

With that said, we are hot right now and I like our chances. New Jersey and Milwaukee are finally falling off as I expected.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:55 PM   #4
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

The various Cats players who have been interviewed have said that the guys are playing with only one goal and that is to make the playoffs. Considering the lack of turnovers in last night's game and the overall beauty and finesse of their playing, I think that we can take our guys at their word. They have a goal and they'll do what they can to make it happen. With that kind of intention we should at least come close to making that 8th spot if we don't actually get it.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:16 PM   #5
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

The Bobcats have been playing very consistently, that is, every player is maximizing what they're supposed to do. For example, Felton's dishing out tonnes of assists; Wallace has recovered and drives to the hoop a lot; Bell's shooting and defending well; Diaw finds open looks for literally everyone, but more often Okafor; and Okafor's grabbing rebound and scoring a lot better.

It doesn's matter if Charlotte crushes its opponents or not, but what matters is winning on a consistent basis. I just started playing Magic the Gathering and a few days ago "coached" by a DCI judge in Friday Night Magic. He said "the point is to win regularly, so say if a player always win 2 out of 3 games in any tornament, he's always winning." In fact, I crushed this judge once with my cheap deck, but cannot win 2 games out of 3. And in the end I still lose.

Anyway, the point is, losing is not a big deal, but as long as Charlotte doesn't lose games they aren't supposed to, they'll be fine for sure. Good teams win road games consistently, and Charlotte has begun doing so.
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #6
Talent
High school junior varsity star

Talent has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidbasesalt

It doesn's matter if Charlotte crushes its opponents or not, but what matters is winning on a consistent basis. I just started playing Magic the Gathering and a few days ago "coached" by a DCI judge in Friday Night Magic. He said "the point is to win regularly, so say if a player always win 2 out of 3 games in any tornament, he's always winning." In fact, I crushed this judge once with my cheap deck, but cannot win 2 games out of 3. And in the end I still lose.

I just started playing MTG again recently I know what your talking about. I like the analogy though it fits. This team has to be consistent or else the playoffs will not happen.
Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:56 PM   #7
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

What are you two talking about? MTG? DCI? What are these foreign abbreviations?!
Old 03-08-2009, 11:32 PM   #8
Brakas
I airball my layups

Brakas has an OK reputation so far

I think we have a good shot. I think the Bucks and Bulls will crumble. I just worry about the nets.
Brakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:54 AM   #9
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
What are you two talking about? MTG? DCI? What are these foreign abbreviations?!

MTG = Magic the Gathering - a trading card game
DCI = Duelists' Convocation International - a company operated by Wizards of the Coast, the producer of MTG. DCI specializes in hosting tournaments and Grand Prix for various trading card games, but mostly MTG.

Anyway if you don't like these posts you may just delete them since they're causing confusions. But Magic the Gathering is such a fun game, making me staying away from monitors and televisions.
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:30 PM   #10
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Is it like Pokemon, or D&D/WoW?
Old 03-09-2009, 06:01 PM   #11
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Back to questions about the Cats playoff chances.....
Bonnell has a short blurb located at: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bob...ry/583645.html

Actually, the blurb is in response to some folks questions about whether the Cats are better off in the playoffs or draft lottery. Bonnell says playoffs and I agree because even if we make it only through the first round we still got there. And That will fill seats!!
Old 03-09-2009, 07:18 PM   #12
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

Anyone who would rather us be in the lottery, than the playoffs is just plain stupid.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:33 PM   #13
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
Anyone who would rather us be in the lottery, than the playoffs is just plain stupid.

Leave it to you to be direct in your statements! :
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: