Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 06-22-2006, 07:01 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default What went right and wrong for the Pacers last season

What went right and wrong for the Pacers last season?

Talk about team success and disappointments. Which players were as good as expected, who was even better than expected, and who was a disappointment.

BREAK IT DOWN
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:00 PM   #2
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
What went right and wrong for the Pacers last season?

Talk about team success and disappointments. Which players were as good as expected, who was even better than expected, and who was a disappointment.

BREAK IT DOWN
first dissappointment was Artest asking to be traded. Then it had to be Tinsely and JO getting injured for so many games. I was impressed with the Granger a lot though. Even the play of Johnson in the playoffs kind of surprised me!!
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:58 AM   #3
aero
Can barely lace up my sneakers

aero has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
first dissappointment was Artest asking to be traded. Then it had to be Tinsely and JO getting injured for so many games. I was impressed with the Granger a lot though. Even the play of Johnson in the playoffs kind of surprised me!!

No doubt, also i feel last year being the first year without Reggie Miller as the team leader in the lockroom and on the road it was something we really lacked. When it all came down to it they guys just didnt have the chemistry needed to really make a good playoff run, then like what PacerRaptor said Ron asking to be traded along with the injurys...man it just wasnt a good year. The Pacers were lucky to have made it to .500 we really were.

The 2006 - 2007 season will be alot better i think O'Neil will really step his game up and take control of this team.
aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:24 PM   #4
PHXsunsROCK1105
SAVE Planet Orange

PHXsunsROCK1105 has decent reputation

I agree. They didn't have the chemistry to go that far in the playoffs, what they need is a good leader.
PHXsunsROCK1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:09 AM   #5
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What went right and wrong for the Pacers last season

(i'm basing this on our '06-'07 season.)

having no set plan on offense hurt us by a mile. it was like we were ad-libbing it every night.

also, i think carlisle wasn't visible enough. not that he's a ghost per se, but he would just stand on the sidelines and watch us take bad shot after bad shot, especially by non-shooters, and not chew any butt.

the constant o'neal trade rumors and the "he said, reporters said" just getting to be a distraction.

Last edited by jbot : 12-21-2007 at 03:12 AM.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 10:37 AM   #6
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What went right and wrong for the Pacers last season

We were so predictable last year, and many teams and players had said that about this team coming into the year, but now everyone knows this team is capable of any number of players leading this team in scoring on a nightly basis...
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: