Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-16-2006, 09:23 PM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Humor...(Old Actual article of Kobe for Allan Houston Trade)

wow this isnt even that old. 2004? I dont remember anything like that. crazy. so much controversy at the time.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...p-153730c.html

the last paragraph was really interesting. talking about what lakers could get for kobe before he opts out and so...and who they can align with shaq. ha guess they decided to go the other way...

Last edited by hotsizzle : 08-16-2006 at 09:28 PM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:21 PM   #2
UCLAlegend32
Local High School Star

UCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat coolUCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat cool

"It's more likely that Kobe Bryant will end up playing with Tim Duncan... "
i would kill myself right on the spot
UCLAlegend32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:23 AM   #3
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Allan Houston? Wow that's what Kobe was worth just 2 years back. 81 points should have changed that idea.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:55 AM   #4
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

At the time, people were speculating whether Shaquille O'Neal leaves or Kobe Bryant leaves. The media and everybody on this board went crazy for days.

Kobe Bryant was really close to becoming a Los Angeles Clipper. Really close, but he chose to re-sign with the Los Angeles Lakers.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:50 PM   #5
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Yeah imagine what kind of team the Clippers would have had with Kobe...
Old 08-17-2006, 03:21 PM   #6
Rocker09
Rock & Basketball

Rocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Yeah imagine what kind of team the Clippers would have had with Kobe...

simple, a championship team....
Rocker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:45 PM   #7
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocker09
simple, a championship team....
NO REALLY?
Old 08-18-2006, 04:36 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You can probably trade shaq and S&T Kobe and get a lot of great players and depth in return and have a decent team.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 05:40 AM   #9
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
You can probably trade shaq and S&T Kobe and get a lot of great players and depth in return and have a decent team.

thats an intersting idea. of course, we'd have to get a better deal than odom/butler/grant for shaq. sometimes i wonder how bad the laker organization ****ed up in this whole fiasco. i mean seriously, first we throw shaq away for basically odom and butler and overpaid trash. and when butler looks surprisingly good, then we throw a valuable trade comodoity in him for kwame brown. im not dissing our players right now or anything but I belive that we could have gotten alot better value for the players we traded. where are you mr. west? god bless you

so many what ifs??? what if we shaq would have kept his mouth shut about goin to clippers for maggette/brand. what if we held our gorund and demanded wade. what if we would have just asked for amare/barbosa rather than amare/marion. my god, we had shaquille O'neal and we pulled away with odom/kwame.

haha k i seruously need to stop and just live with it. my bad, sometimes i just get bored and just start wandering off like that. Go Lakers!!!

Last edited by hotsizzle : 08-18-2006 at 05:45 AM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:20 PM   #10
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

They should have traded Shaq to Dallas. Might have been able to get Nash and Walker out of a deal.

Kobe and Nash would be sick together, although Dirk and Shaq would be even better.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 05:51 PM   #11
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
They should have traded Shaq to Dallas. Might have been able to get Nash and Walker out of a deal.

Kobe and Nash would be sick together, although Dirk and Shaq would be even better.

they would never had traded Shaq to Dallas unless the got Dirk in return
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:28 PM   #12
schyza
High School Starter

schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
thats an intersting idea. of course, we'd have to get a better deal than odom/butler/grant for shaq. sometimes i wonder how bad the laker organization ****ed up in this whole fiasco. i mean seriously, first we throw shaq away for basically odom and butler and overpaid trash. and when butler looks surprisingly good, then we throw a valuable trade comodoity in him for kwame brown. im not dissing our players right now or anything but I belive that we could have gotten alot better value for the players we traded. where are you mr. west? god bless you

so many what ifs??? what if we shaq would have kept his mouth shut about goin to clippers for maggette/brand. what if we held our gorund and demanded wade. what if we would have just asked for amare/barbosa rather than amare/marion. my god, we had shaquille O'neal and we pulled away with odom/kwame.

haha k i seruously need to stop and just live with it. my bad, sometimes i just get bored and just start wandering off like that. Go Lakers!!!

My thoughts exactly especially the Wade part. Imagine if the Lakers had Kobe, Wade and Odom I wouldnít even care what the throw in with that trade would have been were talking Shaq for crying out loud. OH and the West part. But I have always learned that in my life bad things always happen in 3ís.
1) We lost Chicky Baby (RIP)
2) We SCREWED up by letting West go
3) We bumbled the Shaq trade
But things are looking better 2 yrís latter and were back in the playoffs and I am happy with that. Sure Iíll be happier when were the champís again and it will come soon the Buss family has a good history with producing winners.

schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 11:28 PM   #13
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle

w/ the phoenix one, the salaries wouldn'ta worked cuz Amare was still gettin like $4mil or w/e n Barbosa might have been gettin the minimum... so Marion would have 2 be included just 2 make salaries work even if there was another mysterious bloated salary that they had that I'm unaware of, n then w/ the cilips u basically shift the power struggle 2 ur next door neighbour, knowing shaq is always a player away from the finals....that could have even changed the balance of power in staples forever.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: