Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 12-13-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
Suprageex
Are You Lucky, Punk?

Suprageex has decent reputationSuprageex has decent reputation
Default Ok, so over a month, there's a schooltournament

In the second week of january, my school organises a tournament. I wonder what I can do to get ready? Obviously play ball, but it's winter, it snows, and there are no gyms close by.

Thoughts?
Suprageex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ok, so over a month, there's a schooltournament

Do physical training of sorts. anything you can do inside like pushups, situps, and whatnot. if you've got a basement or some area where its rather soundproof dribble 2 basketballs or tennis balls. work on everything you can but shooting, really.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:57 PM   #3
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Do some plyos

4 X 8 Switching Lunges (Maybe you have some light dumbells you can use)
3 X 15 Knee to Chest Tuck Jumps
3X 6 Depth Jumps

Or something like that and do it on Monday and Thursday. This should help your vert a bit and get your legs ready for the jumping you will have to do. I would also add in some pro agilities as well to help with your quickness and change of direction. Push ups and sit ups are good... Plyometric pushups are great look em up on youtube if you aren't sure what they are. Also do some dribbling drills.

That ought to be pretty good.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:47 PM   #4
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

play nba live or 2k, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. simulate games between teams with players whose game you want to imitate. what position do you play? if you're a guard, you want to carefully watch and analyze the games of guards like steve nash, chris paul, rajon rondo, etc. follow them the whole game and mimic their every move. EVERY SINGLE MOVE as if you were actually them in the game and examine how they work the offense and set up teammates. when chris paul makes that in and out cross over up top, you do that sh!t exactly with your hands and your feet. when steve nash sets up for the charge in the paint, you work on the flop on your sofa. when for no particular reason rondo is in half court jumping up and down going for a block, you play that sh!t hard.

in the end, after constantly doing this.. all your hard work will eventually translate into the court, where you'll actually start playing as if you were chris paul, nash, rondo, etc. himself..

good luck.
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:22 AM   #5
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

If you can't play too much, try closing your eyes and visualize yourself playing a game. It's scientifically proven that it helps.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:40 AM   #6
Junny
I air my balls

Junny has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprageex
In the second week of january, my school organises a tournament. I wonder what I can do to get ready? Obviously play ball, but it's winter, it snows, and there are no gyms close by.

Thoughts?

It really sounds as if all you can do is make sure you stay in shape. You've got absolutely no methods available whatsoever?
Junny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:30 AM   #7
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Plyometrics and ball control drills can be done in the garage.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:41 PM   #8
Suprageex
Are You Lucky, Punk?

Suprageex has decent reputationSuprageex has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junny
It really sounds as if all you can do is make sure you stay in shape. You've got absolutely no methods available whatsoever?
I have a garage

Thanks guys, rlly appreciate it!!
Suprageex is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: