Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-18-2010, 10:23 PM   #1
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Hazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Sound vibration creates form

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCmGj...layer_embedded
Very interesting theory on how we may have come to exist.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:38 PM   #2
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Sound vibration creates form

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCmGj...layer_embedded
Very interesting theory on how we may have come to exist.

Isn't David Icke the guy who thinks Lizard people are running the earth?

If so, this vid just lost all credibility.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:41 PM   #3
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Hazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That doesn't make this video any less credible.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:52 PM   #4
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

x'd the video when i figured out the guy was a weirdo
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:03 PM   #5
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Whether you x it or not, the video is still credible, because he proves what he is saying.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:05 PM   #6
KOBEMAMBA24
I hit open 5-footers

KOBEMAMBA24 has decent reputationKOBEMAMBA24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Isn't David Icke the guy who thinks Lizard people are running the earth?

If so, this vid just lost all credibility.

There are many intelligent people that believe that he is using allegory. In fact in one of his books he said that of the reptillians don't exist, we would have to make them up to see our leaders for what they are. Then he mentions that this might be what he is doing. I don't own any of his books, but i find his stuff interesting.

Last edited by KOBEMAMBA24 : 10-18-2010 at 11:47 PM.
KOBEMAMBA24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:06 PM   #7
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBEMAMBA24
There are many intelligent people that believe that he is using alliteration. In fact in one of his books he said that of the reptillians don't exist, we would have to make them up to see our leaders for what they are. Then he mentions that this might be what he is doing. I don't own any of his books, but i find his stuff interesting.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:10 PM   #8
Hazard
makhnovshchina

It means its all in his head... I think, am I right?
Old 10-18-2010, 11:14 PM   #9
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBEMAMBA24
There are many intelligent people that believe that he is using alliteration. In fact in one of his books he said that of the reptillians don't exist, we would have to make them up to see our leaders for what they are. Then he mentions that this might be what he is doing. I don't own any of his books, but i find his stuff interesting.

And for the record, I think alliteration is not the word you meant to use, because it has nothing to do with what you're saying.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:17 PM   #10
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is similar to experiments on food and water. Two containers filled with water, one with words like 'love', 'peace' and 'thank you' written on it forms beautiful crystals when frozen, and the water from the container with words like 'hate' and 'fear' on it forms ugly crystals. The words don't have to be written on the container either, the observer could also speak or think to the water and it will produce the same result. Similar results with storing food and the rate of spoilage.

Not everyone believes it so take it for what it's worth.

It also reminds of the double slit experiment and how subatomic particles behave differently under observation. Now this is really amazing stuff, definitely watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:32 PM   #11
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
This is similar to experiments on food and water. Two containers filled with water, one with words like 'love', 'peace' and 'thank you' written on it forms beautiful crystals when frozen, and the water from the container with words like 'hate' and 'fear' on it forms ugly crystals. The words don't have to be written on the container either, the observer could also speak or think to the water and it will produce the same result. Similar results with storing food and the rate of spoilage.

Not everyone believes it so take it for what it's worth.

It also reminds of the double slit experiment and how subatomic particles behave differently under observation. Now this is really amazing stuff, definitely watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc
Haha that's awesome, the electron just gave a big **** you to the observers. Thanks for sharing that man. +1
Old 10-18-2010, 11:47 PM   #12
KOBEMAMBA24
I hit open 5-footers

KOBEMAMBA24 has decent reputationKOBEMAMBA24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
And for the record, I think alliteration is not the word you meant to use, because it has nothing to do with what you're saying.

Jesus christ was I smoking something....I meant allegory, I apologize. I spit out my water reading my sentence. In other words he believes it is necessary for you to see leaders as something other than human in order to not fall for their lies. But hey, the guy is most likely off his rocker.

Last edited by KOBEMAMBA24 : 10-18-2010 at 11:49 PM.
KOBEMAMBA24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:26 AM   #13
neilio23
I hit open layups

neilio23 has an OK reputation so far

Let's Pause for a moment, to reflect on what 'science' is...

Okay, this may be an interesting 'theory' to consider. But please, don't even put an idea like this in the same sentence as the double slit experiment. Yes quantum mechanics is a strange and weird field. But because of its 'weirdness', it often gets overly dummed down and turned into some popularized sci-fi crap that is easy for the masses to understand. Quantum Mechanics is a brilliant field of physics and more so science. It deserves far more respect than to be put in the same thread as pseudo science like this.

As for the water molecule reacting to prayer experiment...that has been conclusively discredited. There is nothing scientific about it. All these extraordinary claims come from our human nature. We want to belief in the fantastic. But, science is not a matter of belief. It is a matter of method. We trust its results because they are highly scrutinized, the ideas are not stagnant in time, and because they offer great predictive power.

If you want to throw around pseudo-science, and try to pass it off for 'real' intellectual ideas, you may as well post stuff abouot this guy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_MacDougall_(doctor)

I know, not every one studies science, and that is fine. But please, regardless what field you are in, what your passion is, or what your personal beliefs are...when you hear a new idea, or a new concept being explained to you, remember, it is okay to be skeptical, and ask questions like "does this make sense?" If the answer to that question is beyond your scope, do research, ask those who may know etc etc. Don't take it for face value. I'm not claiming that anyone that posted in here did such a thing but, threads like this have a danger for spiraling out of control.
neilio23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: