Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 11-11-2006, 09:06 PM   #1
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Our announcers are awful

Michael Reggae (sp?) wasn't great, but at least he was semi entertaining. I can't understand half the crap that Austin Carr says. I think he's half asleep when he's announcing. And I couldn't even tell you the other guy's name, but he doesn't seem to know jack.

What do you guys think?

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:11 PM   #2
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Reghi was my dude...if you check the Cavs game threads whenever the Cavs win i still post "Aaaand you can book this one to the Cavaliers" in his honor. I miss how he would stretch out analogies of LeBrons dunks lol

"Flight #23 takes off from Hopkins airport on a clear and sunny day for a comfy straight-thru flight to Dallas Texas to slam it on Shawn Bradley's head!!!"
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:32 PM   #3
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Is anyone catching Carr and this other guy whining in the 4th quarter of the Cavs Celtics game? I mean I can appreciate them being pro Cavalier, but there's such a thing as pride.

Perfect example is them whining about how Olawakandi knocked down Varejo and didn't get called for a foul, but Pavlovic got called for one on the other end.

Mathius
Old 11-12-2006, 11:48 PM   #4
nawsanenawmean
I brick open layups

nawsanenawmean has an OK reputation so far

Reghi - "Lebron James! Flight number 23! Comin outta the rafters! To slam it home!"

Never was a fan of Reghi, but this new dude Fred McLead or whatever sucks and A.C. is not good. So, yes, overall our announcers suck big time.
nawsanenawmean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:36 PM   #5
Mathius

You know, after thinking it over and watching some of the Portland game, Scott Williams isn't so bad. He does tend to talk about his playing days too much though. Guy needs to realize he was never that good, and he's done.

Mathius
Old 11-25-2006, 07:20 PM   #6
Mathius

What is this new thing with them zooming the Camera so close that the announcers have to sit right on top of each other? McLeod is practically leaning on Carr during interviews. Marv Alberts looks like he has his arm around Steve Kerr. Ever see a three announcer game? That looks uncomfortable.

I know they've been doing this for a few years now, but why?

And on another note, the Cavs pre-game announcers aren't too bad. Why can't we get Jeff Phelps and Campy Russell to call the games?

Mathius
Old 11-25-2006, 08:09 PM   #7
Mathius

Fred McLeod after Sasha misses a buzzer beater at the end of the first quarter of the '76'ers game.

"He might have had time for one more dribble, but he ran out of time."

Moron.

Mathius
Old 11-27-2006, 01:34 AM   #8
nawsanenawmean
I brick open layups

nawsanenawmean has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius

"He might have had time for one more dribble, but he ran out of time."

nawsanenawmean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:56 AM   #9
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

better then clyde.. he's horrible..
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:50 AM   #10
bruzzes
I brick open layups

bruzzes has an OK reputation so far

Fred McLeod on James kissing his wrists before a foul shot..." ...He has his wife and his girlfriend tattooed on his wrist."

LOL! He's not married, but if he was he'd be in big trouble!

I like Scott Williams, but Geez...stop talking so long. I find myself saying "Shut up already".

I miss Reghi.

Once more on McLeod on last nights Atlanta game...

Lebron misses a shot and hits the side of the backboard and McLeod just bubbles over with accolades on what a tremendous move and shot.

He missed the friggin basket!

Hey, give props when they are due, but not when he puts up a poor shot.

Actually, I have nothing against McLeod. I guess I am still bitter about the bush league firing of Reghi. It is so easy to criticize someone who replaces a favorite. No one is perfect, and McLeod will get better.
bruzzes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:51 PM   #11
metal134
Can barely lace up my sneakers

metal134 has an OK reputation so far

Joe Tait is still the man, though.
metal134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:06 PM   #12
Erick
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Erick has an OK reputation so far

I also enjoyed Reghi. So...what happened to him? Someone mentioned a firing but I hadn't heard anything. I did see him announcing some college football team game or something like that a month or so ago.

I do like Scott Williams pretty well. He's not very entertaining but I do think he offers some good insights.

Fred's a weiner.
Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:53 PM   #13
Mathius

Default Re: Our announcers are awful

Is it just me or has Austin Carr been replaced in the lineup by Scott Williams. I know they rotate guys based on home/away games and whatnot, but seems like I'm hearing Williams a lot more than Carr. Used to be McLeod/Carr at the beginning of the year too, but now it's more McLeod/Williams.

Apparently they got the hint that no one understands Mr. Carr.

Mathius
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: