Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-12-2007, 02:22 PM   #31
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: I've come to the conclusion that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I made this thread to point out these type of circumstances that players like Iverson see themselves in.

Let's go back to that team for a second. Obviously they had very, very good role players... but that was on the defensive side of the ball. (I'm gonna be talking about the team that made it to the finals)

They had no reliable second option. Mackie was nice off the bench but nothing special... hit shots when Iverson created something for him. However to start the game Iverson had:

Mutombo
Hill
Lynch
Snow

You cannot tell me playing with those type of players you can fault a player, a number one scoring option, to shoot close to or under 40 percent. The defense can key on someone too much and when Iverson does find someone open, they usually aren't making the shots at a consistent rate... leaving the defense with the oppurtunity to key on him even moreso than usual without paying the price.

its hard to find people that wants to play with a dribbling chucker maybe thats why they were never able to find a robin for batman...

shouldnt fg% determine whether they are a true superstar or not... for that matter you can give almost any 2nd or 3rd tier players the reigns to be a number 1 option... most NBA players can shoot 35 to 40% and score 30 pts a night.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:30 PM   #32
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

Quote:
most NBA players can shoot 35 to 40% and score 30 pts a night.

You show your true lack of knowledge with that statement.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:39 PM   #33
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
You show your true lack of knowledge with that statement.

I was just wondering why more players dont just score 30 a night, since its so easy to do
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:40 PM   #34
malek4980
Kids at the park dunk on me

malek4980 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I was just wondering why more players dont just score 30 a night, since its so easy to do
Most aren't allowed to take so many shots.
malek4980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:47 PM   #35
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Most aren't allowed to take so many shots.

yeah, they arent allowed for a reason. The reason is that they cant score 30 pts a night on NBA defenses.

anybody who knows bball can tell which players are capable scorers (enough to give them a green to shoot 20+ times a game) and those players who are role players and need to be put in a role that plays to their strengths (of which, bigtime scoring isnt one)

Some players should focus on defense, others should focus on playmaking or passing..there is more to the game than scoring
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: