Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default What players were written off as busts, but eventually proved to be otherwise?

Was wondering this. Furthermore, what players who are currently considered busts do you think could still become stars?

Default Re: What players were written off as busts, but eventually proved to be otherwise?

Zach Randolph
    George Muresan - not a star, but became productive.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Default Re: What players were written off as busts, but eventually proved to be otherwise?

Haven't watched enough years of NBA to know the first question but for the second I still have faith in Greg Oden

Chauncey Billups

Rip Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    Chauncey Billups
    Good one I think remember he wasn't seen as a "Winning type" player (or something to that regard) early in his career

Love Live Life

I don't really know. Like guy above said though I'm hoping Greg Oden can come back strong

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Haven't watched enough years of NBA to know the first question but for the second I still have faith in Greg Oden
    @bold: Yeah, I want to believe too. If the recent reports are right and he really has been rehabbing for 2+ years straight, I have some faith.

I also hope Beasley can prove himself too.

Wasn't Dirk considered a bust at first?

Steve Nash, I don't know much about what was expected of him, but I've never seen a player that took so long to start who became as good as he did. Steve Nash might have the best fundamentals of any player ever.
    Last edited by ZenMaster; 05-30-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Banned

John Wall's starting to put it all together.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    Steve Nash, I don't know much about what was expected of him, but I've never seen a player take that so long to start become as good as he did. Steve Nash might have the best fundamentals of any player ever.
    He was not a bust though. At the very least before he came back to Phoenix, he was a good player. Though I never envision him winning MVPs, I expect him to be a decent NBA player when he led the Santa Clara upset of UCLA. I did not see the game but based on what Bruins staffs were saying, he was pretty good. Fundamentally, he's up there with the likes of Bird and Stockton.

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    John Wall's starting to put it all together.
    That's a good one, but it seemed to me people were pretty quick to call him a bust. Wonder how he'll do next year.

Steve Nash is another one. What about Tyson Chandler? He hasn't had a career you might expect from a player drafted so high, but he's managed to be pretty successful

College superstar

Steve Nash wasn't even a lotto pick.

The correct answers are Tyson Chandler and Chauncey Billups.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    That's a good one, but it seemed to me people were pretty quick to call him a bust. Wonder how he'll do next year.

Steve Nash is another one. What about Tyson Chandler? He hasn't had a career you might expect from a player drafted so high, but he's managed to be pretty successful
    Yeah, Chandler's a good choice, and Billups as well. Jermaine Oneal?