NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Your Top 10 Favorite Movies of 2016

Yeah, a little early, but I was thinking about this already and will just edit any changes that come in the next month. Here is my list:

1. The Arrival
    2. The Nice Guys
    3. Hell or High Water
    4. Deadpool
    5. Captain America: Civil War
    6. Sausage Party
    7. Green Room
    8. The Neon Demon
    9. Doctor Strange
    10. Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping

I assume Star Wars and another movie will work its way in there by the end of the year.

College star

Default Re: Your Top 10 Favorite Movies of 2016

Only movie i saw this year was girl on the train...

I watched it with my girlfriend thinking it would be a horror... lets just say i ended up feeling weird at the end of it

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Yeah, a little early, but I was thinking about this already and will just edit any changes that come in the next month. Here is my list:

1. The Arrival
    2. The Nice Guys
    3. Hell or High Water
    4. Deadpool
    5. Captain America: Civil War
    6. Sausage Party
    7. Green Room
    8. The Neon Demon
    9. Doctor Strange
    10. Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping

I assume Star Wars and another movie will work its way in there by the end of the year.

I haven't seen as much this year as usual, but that's a pretty solid list. I haven't seen most of that stuff, but Hell or High Water, The Nice Guys, Green Room, and Neon Demon would probably all make my list (actually I'd say definitely to everything but Neon Demon, but I just watched that last weekend, and haven't fully digested it yet, and it would probably be close). The rest I haven't seen, except for Sausage Party, which I thought was OK. And honestly I probably won't see anything else except for The Arrival.

I liked The Jungle Book, I liked The Weiner documentary. There were a few things I regret missing, but they were mostly weird under the radar stuff, like The Lobster.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I haven't seen as much this year as usual, but that's a pretty solid list. I haven't seen most of that stuff, but Hell or High Water, The Nice Guys, Green Room, and Neon Demon would probably all make my list (actually I'd say definitely to everything but Neon Demon, but I just watched that last weekend, and haven't fully digested it yet, and it would probably be close). The rest I haven't seen, except for Sausage Party, which I thought was OK. And honestly I probably won't see anything else except for The Arrival.

I liked The Jungle Book, I liked The Weiner documentary. There were a few things I regret missing, but they were mostly weird under the radar stuff, like The Lobster.

I still do Netflix DVD and The Lobster is next on my Queue. Just watched Swiss Army Man, Neon Demon, and with the Lobster being next, that is a nice string of bizarre movies.

Sausage Party may not be the same quality as some of the other movies, but it got points for making me laugh hard pretty consistently while also having something to say.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth

I still do Netflix DVD and The Lobster is next on my Queue. Just watched Swiss Army Man, Neon Demon, and with the Lobster being next, that is a nice string of bizarre movies.

Sausage Party may not be the same quality as some of the other movies, but it got points for making me laugh hard pretty consistently while also having something to say.

Swiss Army Man is another one I wanted to see.

Everybody Wants Some was pretty damn funny. I'd consider that.

Don't Breath was a well received horror movie that had a good trailer that I had intended to see.

My main issue with Sausage Party was that it's thematic stuff and it's toilet humor often clashed for me. But both were done well. It just felt like it fell out of rhythm. Not bad at all though.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

What about Hacksaw Ridge? I heard that was a great movie. The only movie I went out to see in 2016 was the Jungle Book with my kids.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

I haven't even seen 10 movies this year.

I saw:

Deadpool
    Captain America Civil War
    BvS
    The Jungle Book
    Sausage Party
    Dr.Strange

Literally. That's all. And Civil War I watched on demand at home

I haven't seen nearly the amount of new releases as most years.

Sucks for your guys because I certainly have the best taste in films here; Thorp and I.

I apologize I can't guide your artistic pursuits at this time but rest assured my input would have been the Master List.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Arrival
    Hacksaw Ridge

has to be on top 10