Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    U mirin my face?

Default Better Career - Kobe from 05-12 vs. Lebron from 05-12

Lets say we eliminate everything before 2005 which would be everything Kobe did with Shaq, would you still say Kobe had a better career than Lebron did? Of course, in this case we would also remove Lebron's rookie season.

Default Re: Better Career - Kobe from 05-12 vs. Lebron from 05-12

I'd actually say Kobe still has the best career, even post-Shaq

Banned

LeBron James

It's not even ****ing close either. As much shit as LeBron gets for having "stacked teams" LeBron had to do more in his 2012 playoff run than Kobe did in either 09 or 10. The Heat are great on paper, but when you actually watch them play they are entirely dependant on LeBrons talents both offensively and defensively. This is especially the case when Wade is out/injured as he was for nearly all of the postseason.

Kobe had by far the most stacked teams when he won even without Shaq. In the Kobe era(both Shaq and Gasol) the Lakers have always won because of their dominant frontcourt, not because of Kobe.

Then we compare their actual on court play. Kobe has a more diverse scoring arsenal, but LeBron is just more dominant and efficient which ultimately is what it comes down to. Kobes defensive prime was the Shaq titles, so that's canceled out. LeBron easily wins on defense, rebounding, playmaking, scoring inside the paint.

More MVPs.

I don't even need to keep going. Anyone who truly understands basketball can see this is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiThrice
    LeBron James

It's not even ****ing close either. As much shit as LeBron gets for having "stacked teams" LeBron had to do more in his 2012 playoff run than Kobe did in either 09 or 10. The Heat are great on paper, but when you actually watch them play they are entirely dependant on LeBrons talents both offensively and defensively. This is especially the case when Wade is out/injured as he was for nearly all of the postseason.

Kobe had by far the most stacked teams when he won even without Shaq. In the Kobe era(both Shaq and Gasol) the Lakers have always won because of their dominant frontcourt, not because of Kobe.

Then we compare their actual on court play. Kobe has a more diverse scoring arsenal, but LeBron is just more dominant and efficient which ultimately is what it comes down to. Kobes defensive prime was the Shaq titles, so that's canceled out. LeBron easily wins on defense, rebounding, playmaking, scoring inside the paint.

More MVPs.

I don't even need to keep going. Anyone who truly understands basketball can see this is obvious.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Heavincent with a generic meme/smiley/one liner post containing no basketball substance whatsoever. Can anyone really say their surprised? I predict we'll see several more from him before this thread is over.

Inb4 Heavincent makes no posts actually bringing up valid points pertaining to the topic

Made that high school varsity squad

hmmm. It's debatable.

Kobe.
    28/5/5 R
    29/5/5 PS
    MVP
    2FMVP/2Rings/3Finals
    7x 1st team all-nba
    6x 1st all-defense
    2x scoring champ
    2 Gold Medals

I don't feel like doing Lebron's stats too but i know it's close

LeBron James

More MVPs.

Just continuing the trend.

Heavincent with a generic meme/smiley/one liner post containing no basketball substance whatsoever. Can anyone really say their surprised? I predict we'll see several more from him before this thread is over.

Inb4 Heavincent makes no posts actually bringing up valid points pertaining to the topic
    Act like a retard and you're gonna get one-liners in return. Sorry, that's just the way it is.

Lebron 3 MVPs 1 Chip, 0 First round exits, 3 Finals Appearances, horrible 2011 Finals
    Kobe 1 MVP 2 Chips, 2 First round exits, 3 Appearances, 3 shots attempted in a Game 7, and lose 3-1 lead.
    Lebron was more efficient
    Lebron had a better career from those years

College star

Why would you remove the years he played with Shaq?

2001 and 2003 were two very good years for Kobe. 2001 because of his postseason performance, 2003 because if not for him carrying the Lakers offense when Shaq was overweight, injured, and disinterested, the Lakers were on their way to missing the playoffs.

2002 was a solid year as well for Kobe, though not as impressive as 2001 or 2003.

If you're going to cite the sidekick thing, which I'm sure you will, then I cam understand everything up until and including 2000 being removed, astericked, ect. Shaq was THE reason why the Lakers won a ring that year, and any Kobe stan denying that should go take a look of that entire season and post season for proof.

But the Lakers don't win in 2001 or 2002 without Kobe, period, and they miss the playoffs if he wasn't on that team in 2003.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by swag2011
    hmmm. It's debatable.

Kobe.
    28/5/5 R
    29/5/5 PS
    MVP
    2FMVP/2Rings/3Finals
    7x 1st team all-nba
    6x 1st all-defense
    2x scoring champ
    2 Gold Medals

I don't feel like doing Lebron's stats too but i know it's close

LeBron James

Regular Season: 28.6 PPG, 7.4 RPG, 7.0 APG
    Postseason: 28.5 PPG 8.7 RPG 6.7 APG
    3 Time MVP(should have been 4 in a row, Rose was undeserving)
    1 Finals MVP/1 Ring/3 Finals
    6x All NBA 1st Team
    2 x All NBA2nd Team

A lot of Kobes awards in recent years(such as All defense) have been given out purely on reputation as well. LeBron James has been the clear cut best player in basketball for around 5 years now.

Act like a retard and you're gonna get one-liners in return. Sorry, that's just the way it is.
    I know you'll say Kobe has been better, but surely you agree, by looking at this timeframe, it's very close. Right?
    Last edited by KG215; 09-08-2012 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    How's he acting like a retard? While I wouldn't say "LeBron and it's not even close" he does have a case for having a better 2005-2012 career than Kobe. At the very least it's very close.
    It's not even ****ing close either. As much shit as LeBron gets for having "stacked teams" LeBron had to do more in his 2012 playoff run than Kobe did in either 09 or 10
    That's how buddy. Those are things only a retarded Lebron/Heat homer would say. I always see you getting mad at Kobe homers for saying dumb shit. So at least be consistent pal.

That's how buddy. Those are things only a retarded Lebron/Heat homer would say. I always see you getting mad at Kobe homers for saying dumb shit. So at least be consistent pal.
    Yeah, that's why I edited my post. Saying it's LeBron by far is dumb in my opinion, too. Not sure who I'd give the edge to but it's definitely debatable.

Surely you will acknowledge that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Why would you remove the years he played with Shaq?

2001 and 2003 were two very good years for Kobe. 2001 because of his postseason performance, 2003 because if not for him carrying the Lakers offense when Shaq was overweight, injured, and disinterested, the Lakers were on their way to missing the playoffs.

2002 was a solid year as well for Kobe, though not as impressive as 2001 or 2003.

If you're going to cite the sidekick thing, which I'm sure you will, then I cam understand everything up until and including 2000 being removed, astericked, ect. Shaq was THE reason why the Lakers won a ring that year, and any Kobe stan denying that should go take a look of that entire season and post season for proof.

But the Lakers don't win in 2001 or 2002 without Kobe, period, and they miss the playoffs if he wasn't on that team in 2003.
    This

If you're going to compare careers compare careers, don't pick and choose certain years that mold to an agenda