Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Default Re: Post-game thoughts on the Celtics beating Magic in 2010 East Conf Finals game 1

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    I agree with him that Orl played badly but the Celtics played just as poor and in the end it shows in the final score so Orl can play better and probably will but so can the Celtics.

BTW itis interesting that he says that VC needs to win the match up with Pierce yet he also mentions that VC can't guard Pierce's iso's so it is going to be interesting if Orl has to commit another defender. A guy like Barnes can be an option if VC can't slow Pierce but he is dealing with back issues. Also I'm not sure they want VC chasing Ray Allen around.
    I agree its on Carter (and also on Nelson) to carry the Magic, problem is - Carter isnt known for his consistency, Nelson is, but he has Rondo chasing him.

Lewis is near useless with Garnett on him (we'll hear how worthless Rashard is, same as Jamison before, with little respect to KG what he is doing to them).

Default Re: Post-game thoughts on the Celtics beating Magic in 2010 East Conf Finals game 1

About coaching: where are those guys who said SVG is much better than Doc? 1st game showed who had better strategy, and who outcoached who. Lets see how coaches will adjust going forward, so far Doc 1 - SVG 0.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    I agree its on Carter (and also on Nelson) to carry the Magic, problem is - Carter isnt known for his consistency, Nelson is, but he has Rondo chasing him.

Lewis is near useless with Garnett on him (we'll hear how worthless Rashard is, same as Jamison before, with little respect to KG what he is doing to them).
    if the Magic have to trust Carter to carry them this series... theyll lose. The Magic are just playing into their hands by freezing everyone else out except Carter.

This game was an exact replica of their Christmas game. The only way the Celtics are losing by that strategy is if they have bad shooting nights... and since the Magic are one of the best perimeter shooting teams in the league.. I think they'll take at least 2 games in this series.

I picked the Celtics in 6, but going 7 is obviously no surprise either.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

This was a very rare game for the Magic... Celtics fans don't get too happy.
    1.Rashard Lewis went 0-6 from the 3 point line, that never happens
    2.The Magic haven't taken a lead the whole game...First time this season that's happened to them.
    3.Ray Allen isn't accustomed to scoring 25 points in a playoff game ecpecially at this time in his career, so don't expect it to happen again.

Overall I am disturbed by this loss because as much as Rashard was struggeling, SVG should NOT have kept him playing as long as he did. He should have put Ryan Anderson in for a few offensive rebounds and a three or 2, so bad job on SVG regarding playing time situations.

In game 2 the magic need to go more to vince and jameer and less to dwight. I am going to be straight up and say that dwight will not do a lot of damage this series because i feel like the celtics will contain him the whole series.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    2.The Magic haven't taken a lead the whole game...First time this season that's happened to them.
    3.Ray Allen isn't accustomed to scoring 25 points in a playoff game ecpecially at this time in his career, so don't expect it to happen again.

Overall I am disturbed by this loss because as much as Rashard was struggeling, SVG should NOT have kept him playing as long as he did. He should have put Ryan Anderson in for a few offensive rebounds and a three or 2, so bad job on SVG regarding playing time situations.

In game 2 the magic need to go more to vince and jameer and less to dwight. I am going to be straight up and say that dwight will not do a lot of damage this series because i feel like the celtics will contain him the whole series.
    He scored 51 last year, are you saying his production has HALVED since then?

1. It happened. He's 0-6 because he's being defended
    2. This is not the season it's the playoffs
    3. Allen averaged 24ppg in playoffs before joining the celtics

bad job on SVG regarding playing time situations.

I think Dwight will be up and down, from 20p when getting celts in foul trouble to 6p when in foultrouble himself.
    Regarding svg. He might be better in X&O, but that's only half the story.

I rule the local playground

Allen has already scored 25 points three times in this years playoffs on 8-13, 8-16, and 9-13 shooting. He also scored 22 on 8-15 shooting and 24 on 9-15 shooting in this years playoffs.

Serious playground baller mans1ay3r's Avatar

That is such a terrible line. You aren't making Celtics fans unhappy at all because you aren't stating facts, and you clearly don't really watch the Celtics play often. Ray had several 20+ games in the playoffs at this time in his career. Period.

Its been talked to death about the Celtics is that they don't need one person to score 25+ like other teams. One person isn't playing well (ie Pierce) others pick it up. I remember when Ray was on that shooting slump, couldn't hit anything from the field.. it was alright though because others picked it up. But back to the point, Ray is perfectly capable of high scoring when needed.

Yup, and people should be able to see this stuff coming.

When the Magic aren't raining 3's, they're extremely vulnerable. They're not going to beat the C's if they're not knocking down 3's. It's pretty simple.

Dwight needs to represent some sort of threat in the post as well.

I think the Magic were effected by there week off, and will bounce back in game 2.

Question to Magic fans/experts:
    The only thing I'm seeing in the first half from the magic is pcik&roll from Nelson/VC with Howard. In my memory svg always got everyone involved, but I don't seen anything.

Is it just me?

edit: 6:29 2nd Q play for VC
    Last edited by dutchguy; 05-17-2010 at 01:14 PM.

This man has an undying faith in Shard.

Even if Rashard is having a terrible night and Ryan is having a great one, he'll still put Rashard in in the 4th, and would still draw up a play to let him get the final shot. Not really sure why, though.

I also doubt Dwight will have a huge series, but he needs to at least be effective in order for us to win.

where is beasly15

Quote Originally Posted by Harison

I don't agree with that.

I definitely think Shard's points will be down because KG is good, but Josh Smith was no slouch either.

I honestly agree with the Bballbreakdown guy, the Carter/Pierce matchup will probably decide the series. Not by itself (obviously), but it will play the biggest part. Along with Shard/Garnett.

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

Talking Magic Fans, Do you Really believe you lost because of "RUST"

I'm a trolling loser who just wants to taunt Magic fans.

So, my post was deleted and turned into a reasonable discussion.

So, let's discuss why the Magic lost game 1 to the Celtics.
    Last edited by insidehoops; 05-17-2010 at 03:50 PM.