Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-11-2017, 04:36 AM   #121
kshutts1
College superstar

Default Re: Kyrie Irving or prime Allen Iverson 1on1 who wins?

AI is the better basketball player. If I want to win one game, or a series, I'm choosing AI to be on my team before Kyrie.

That said, 1 on 1 is not real basketball; it's so vastly different that's it's erroneous to use team basketball as an argument. Neither player has the defensive desire to actually man up consistently... which turns it in to a jump shooting affair... so the better shooter wins, more often than not.

Come on guys.. we've all played 1 on 1. How often do you legit back down your opponent? Take the ball to half court and cross them up? How often do you attempt to lock up your opponent on every play? It's just not realistic. And you know what? When the energy is lacking, you STILL have a jump shot. And Kyrie's is better.

Now if we're talking unrealistically serious stakes, like death? Then yeah... AI. He would not be stopped. But it's not reasonable to assume he will attempt to defend Kyrie's shot every time, which means Kyrie likely wins.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 04:24 PM   #122
ClipperRevival
NBA rookie of the year

Kyrie easily. Why, the height difference. Kyrie probably has 4" on AI. That's huge. Kyrie also has the superior handles, better finisher, shooter and ability to break down guys. AI has the advantage in explosiveness/quickness but that's about it.
ClipperRevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 04:31 PM   #123
ClipperRevival
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin17
i cant believe the disrespect that AI is getting in this forum. is this because a lot of posters here have never seen him play?

i'd take AI 10 times out of 10, 7 days a week and twice on sundays. he's a beast

don't get me wrong, irving is a very good basketball player but he is not in the same level as AI, the only one who carried a team full of scrubs and took a game versus prime shaq and kobe in 2001. AI was still voted MVP over legendary players in their prime such as shaq, duncan, and garnett.

You kidding me? I've been watching this game for 25+ years and have never seen a guy quite like Kyrie. His handles is THE GOAT. His ability to break down people is about as good as anyone ever. Ditto for his finishing abilities. And you add in his deadly jumper and you can't guard him 1 on 1.

I love AI too but that dude was the definition of an inefficient chucker. He had the green light to just let it go every game. Kyrie is more disciplined. Again, not disrespecting AI but the notion that Kyrie ain't on his level is laughable.
ClipperRevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:36 PM   #124
BlkMambaGOAT
LeBron James fan

Kyrie would sodomize AI.
BlkMambaGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:40 PM   #125
PistonsFan#21
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
Why did you post a move one of Irving's plays where he carries the ball, which would result in a turn over (by any ref worth a fvck)

That spin move is an illegal move and a carry. You can't palm the ball like that when you spin.

Did you choose to use that gif as an example because it's commonplace now to just carry the ball in an era of watered down rules and lost fundamentals?

Bro you gotta be kidding me if you are complaining about this carry. Iverson crossover highlights is pretty much a compilation of carries if we go strictly by the rule book..even the one on Jordan.
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:44 PM   #126
PistonsFan#21
NBA lottery pick

Some people seem to be completely ignoring the fact that Iverson wasnt a great defender and has no chance of getting a single stop against Kyrie either. Kyrie would get to the rim every single possession and hes better than pretty much anyone at finishing around the rim, an undersized Iverson wouldnt even be a challenge, no matter if he was more athletic or not.

Last edited by PistonsFan#21 : 12-11-2017 at 06:49 PM.
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:51 PM   #127
jbryan1984
College star

I've been calling Kyrie, AI light on here since his rookie year. But ya, he's no Iverson. So similar though, in almost every way.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:34 PM   #128
chris02jammers
Local High School Star

AI
chris02jammers is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: