Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-09-2017, 03:27 PM   #16
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Default Re: Indiana Pacers

#PritchSlap
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:30 PM   #17
Uncle Drew
Bron's plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMeatballs
False. Look at the stats in his 2nd and 3rd year
That's too easy and too lazy.

Compare Oladipo's roles for those respective teams in Orlando and Oklahoma. He had the go to do in Orlando what he is doing right now in Indiana. Was Westbrook holding him back for all of those years as well? He put up basically the exact same stats, on lower usage, in a different role and a different position (shooting guard as opposed to point guard). Compare the efficiency. At that point, he had his most efficient season in Oklahoma.

So tell me, why didn't Oladipo do the things in Orlando he is doing now in Indiana?
Uncle Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:33 PM   #18
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

The Pacers have really surprised me this season. Oladipo is playing much better than I thought he would. He's got the keys to the offense and taking full advantage of it putting up all-star numbers. Just think, if he keeps this up he'll deserve to be in the all-star game. No one was even thinking that was possible when he got traded to the Pacers for George.

Sabonis has really come into his own. The Pacers have a bright future if Turner, Sabonis and Oladipo keep growing.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:35 PM   #19
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
So tell me, why didn't Oladipo do the things in Orlando he is doing now in Indiana?
Different situation and he was younger coming into the league as a top draft prospect. Now he knows the ins and outs of the NBA, he's more comfortable. Got to play with a competitive team finally in Oklahoma. It's was a learning experience for him.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:36 PM   #20
AirTupac
Magic and Rob Dream

Quote:

Compare Oladipo's roles for those respective teams in Orlando and Oklahoma. He had the go to do in Orlando what he is doing right now in Indiana. Was Westbrook holding him back for all of those years as well? He put up basically the exact same stats, on lower usage, in a different role and a different position (shooting guard as opposed to point guard). Compare the efficiency. At that point, he had his most efficient season in Oklahoma.

Because he was an even younger player back then you stupid retard. How are you this dumb?
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:38 PM   #21
SaltyMeatballs
Pass The Salt

Quote:

Because there's a thing called development. Ever heard of that? Oladipo could've been putting up slightly better numbers in OKC if Westbrook wasn't so selfish with the ball.
SaltyMeatballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:40 PM   #22
Uncle Drew
Bron's plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Different situation and he was younger coming into the league as a top draft prospect. Now he knows the ins and outs of the NBA, he's more comfortable. Got to play with a competitive team finally in Oklahoma. It's was a learning experience for him.
He was 23, basically 24 in his last season in Orlando and he was there for his usual third year leap. He had all the needs and tools to put up some very good stats, but he didn't. But now that he does in Indiana, it is somehow Westbrook's fault for ''holding him back'', while, at that point, he had arguably his best season next to him. That is dumb.

This is more on coaching than anything.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:44 PM   #23
AirTupac
Magic and Rob Dream

Everyone is calling your dumbass out. Getting bodied like a clown
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:47 PM   #24
Uncle Drew
Bron's plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
Everyone is calling your dumbass out. Getting bodied like a clown
Quote:
I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a more clever comeback than that. You need to step it up.

Still applies, baby boy. Step it up, you can do it.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:54 PM   #25
HylianNightmare
The Magic are a trash

still can't believe scrubadipo is doing this
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:56 PM   #26
aj1987
MH!

Oladipo is playing like a beast, but lets not blame WB. If you ever actually watched Oladipo play, he was wildly inconsistent and often looked like he didn't give a shit. Dude is playing with a new found hunger right now. The way he's playing, his contract looks like a bargain right now.

Remember when he first got drafted and people said he'd be like a D-Wade lite? He's playing like it now.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #27
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I can agree with this post. He is a good player, he got to play with a competitive team last year and made the playoffs. He learned what it takes, and he's taking that next step. Good for him, I will root for him to succeed

Plus he gets to be the man on the team. No one will question him taking shots and missing in the clutch because he is the 1st option, he's supposed to take them. I don't think he is better than Paul George but we'll see because he's younger.

Sabonis is OK, I don't even think he starts anymore. He has to continue to get better.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 05:02 PM   #28
Marchesk
El Sid Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkMambaGOAT
Lebron wins.

"Lebron iz da GOAT" thread stays on the front-page for a week at minimum.

Lebron loses.

The game gets avoided harder than lepers in Ancient times.

That's because Simon is a Lebron stan.
Marchesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:31 PM   #29
colts19
I rule the local playground

I have noticed he seem to be in better shape than at any other time in his career. So that and being more committed are the main reason why he has made the jump.
colts19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:34 PM   #30
Marchesk
El Sid Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by colts19
I have noticed he seem to be in better shape than at any other time in his career. So that and being more committed are the main reason why he has made the jump.

Maybe he was inspired by what Westbrook did last season
Marchesk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: