Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2936373839
    College star

Default Re: Playoffs Round 1: #3 Spurs vs #6 Mavericks

Quote Originally Posted by spursdynasty420
    It says go nuggets so I was referring to the nuggets. DUMBASS
    Mavs are up 3-1.

Decent college freshman Silverbullit's Avatar

Keep cool SpursDynasty, their is enough room in this series to rebuild your pride.
    I just don't expext it.

Ha ha the deconstruction of a spurs fan, such a sad thing to witness.

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

I wonder what offseason moves the Spurs will make if they lose this series.

Anything?

Will a healthy Manu make this team a contender?

Why were people saying this is the strongest supporting cast TD and TP (and at one point Manu) had in years? I never really understood that.

Bowen's decline hurts as much as anything. Losing Horry was huge. David Robinson was kinda good. Michael Finley used to be quite a bit better. My girlfriend is looking over my shoulder. I gotta help her find her keys. Bah.

Spurs need to get a Bruce Bowen replacement and fast.

Hope it doesn't happen but they should sign Trevor Ariza..perfect to have them try and re-tool for another title run. But me thinks Duncan is one his last legs in terms of being a top elite superstar big man.

Quote Originally Posted by spursdynasty420
    you must not care because you're team doesnt have any lol
    whatever, i live in NY. its what the yankee fans do too. it's the sign that a dynasty is past, when you are in the playoffs now talking about past glories. say what you wish, it is the truth.

What happened to the Spurs. The just suck now. I hope they can start drafting gems and return to elite status. The Mavericks area good team but damn. Duncan just can't carry his team like he used to.

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mrofir
    Suns fan here absolutely LOVING this post. Hehehehhehehehehheeeeeeeee

go mavs.
    Hey, and the Suns did pretty good this year. Well, better for you guys I guess not having to play the Spurs in the playoffs. We all know how that goes every time. Well, no...not every time. Just 2008, 2007, 2005, & 2003. The years in between we didn't get to play you guys. But I'm glad you're loving the Mavs being ahead in this series. You should be a Mavs fan instead. Because like you guys, they don't choke every year...just most.

Quote Originally Posted by ninephive
    Hey, and the Suns did pretty good this year. Well, better for you guys I guess not having to play the Spurs in the playoffs. We all know how that goes every time. Well, no...not every time. Just 2008, 2007, 2005, & 2003. The years in between we didn't get to play you guys. But I'm glad you're loving the Mavs being ahead in this series. You should be a Mavs fan instead. Because like you guys, they don't choke every year...just most.
    lol

Learning to shoot layups Hoggle's Avatar

If the Spurs are are healthy come playoffs next year, it should make for an interesting run. Duncan will still be able to put up a 20/10/5/2 game, Parker will still have his speed, and Ginobili will bring that extra sense of hunger that they look like they have been missing.

Losing Horry was a non-factor, because last year he did absolutely nothing in the playoffs, and he knew it was his time to retire. I would say the biggest thing the Spurs have to worry about next year is the rapid decline of Finley and Bowen. I'm not sure how many more games these two can play at a playoff level intensity. The good news is that Mason should be one more year experienced come playoff time next year, and hopefully the Spurs will be able to lure another solid 10ppg player by next year, along with getting Gooden more adjusted to the system.

If they lose this series (and there seems to be a 90% chance they will) it will not be because Duncan isn't putting up the insane numbers, but that the bench has absolutely 0 production...

Actually I suppose it can also be attributed to the fact that Duncan can no longer shoot a free throw (if he were able to get it to 80%, the Spurs would probably of had a better chance to make it to the second round.)

Local High School Star icemanfan's Avatar

why all the angst. When Manu went down we all knew the Spurs were not going anywhere in the playoffs. They played tough, Tim and Tony have done well but you need a third scorer. I do not expect the Mavs to advance much farther either but they could surprise me. Anyway good luck to all the the teams in the playoffs. If there is any team besides Lakers and Cavs in the finals I will be shocked.
    Last edited by icemanfan; 04-27-2009 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by icemanfan
    why all the angst. When Manu went down we all knew the Spurs were not going anywhere in the playoffs. They played tough, Tim and Tony have done well but you need a third scorer. I do not expect the Mavs to advance much farther either but they could surprise me. Anyway good luck to all the the teams in the playoffs. If there is any team besides Lakers and Cavs in the finals I will be shocked.

LOL Love that one Ice!!!

Facts Are Misleading

It's funny to hear people say Duncan can't carry his team like he used to.

News flash - this has been Parkers team this postseason - watching them play everything starts with him on the offensive side of the ball for the most part - they don't play through Tim enough to warrent it truly being his team.

Which is not surprising - Dallas has more trouble guarding pick and roll basketball than Tim Duncan on the blocks, but I've always said the most important aspect of a dominant big man is they slow the game down for everyone else. Not so much energy being put out to get a shot off - which effects the defensive intensity/energy you play with.

You also have to realize that the supporting cast for Tim & Parker is a few levels below the other legit playoff teams. They literally have nobody else on the roster that creates their own shot.

I've always said you can't judge a supertsar for not winning titles if he doesn't have a supporting cast thats close to the compeition your playing.

I don't blame Garnett for all the losing in Minnesota - he didn't have supporting casts around him to win. However, looking at the Lakers this past year with Kobe - they did have the talent but still failed. Two different things. If Kobe doesn't win a ring this year there has to be some serious doubts that he can lead a championship team as the main guy.

Anyways, you gotta have comparable supporting casts to the best teams in the league. It's rare a superstar can lead his team to a playoff series victory if they have a D+ supporting cast compared to the other team who has a A- supporting cast.