Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Bucks fan

Default Re: Dallas = Most boring city in US

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    but then again...women are probably something that doesn't interest you
    You keep coming back to your stance that anybody who is into art/culture must be gay. You're doing nothing but reinforcing the stereotype that lots of Texans are the KKK-type.

"Snooty northerners and their quality educations! Well we've got educations too! We're #25 out of 50 states, we've got a college that's almost ivy-league, and we've got TGI Fridays!"

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    You keep coming back to your stance that anybody who is into art/culture must be gay. You're doing nothing but reinforcing the stereotype that lots of Texans are the KKK-type.

"Snooty northerners and their quality educations! Well we've got educations too! We're #25 out of 50 states, we've got a college that's almost ivy-league, and we've got TGI Fridays!"
    first off...I make a living as an artist, and a very good living at that

art and culture isn't gay at all....calling a city boring because of it's lack of a decent symphony is beyond gay though...sorry

"oh, my god, where is a decent symphony in this god forsaken city???, what will I ever do??!!?!?"

second, how did the KKK get brought into this and when did Texas become Mississippi...????....you make no sense at all

third...I was calling you snooty not because of any education you might have but because of the fact you had the nerve to post a thread in the Dallas section saying we have the "most boring city in the entire United States"....if that isn't snooty then I don't know what is...
    Last edited by -primetime-; 04-16-2007 at 03:33 PM.

Bucks fan

art and culture isn't gay at all....calling a city boring because of it's lack of a decent symphony is beyond gay though...sorry

"oh, my god, where is a decent symphony in this god forsaken city???, what will I ever do??!!?!?"
    I never once said that Dallas didn't have a decent symphony. You invented that. Even if somebody had said that or thought that though, I'm not sure what that has to do with gay.

But let me get this straight: you're a professional artist who thinks museums are boring no matter what city you're in, and people who are into art are gay?
    Last edited by adamcz; 04-16-2007 at 03:39 PM.

-primetime-

I never once said that Dallas didn't have a decent symphony. You invented that. Even if somebody had said that or thought that though, I'm not sure what that has to do with gay.

But let me get this straight: you're a professional artist who thinks museums are boring no matter what city you're in, and people who are into art are gay?
    no people that complain about a poor symphony are...look guy, me calling you gay is more of a rebudle for you calling my city the most boring city in the US when you have not been to a city that is truely boring...

I enjoy going to the art museum...I have been quite a few times and I appriciate what it has to offer...but if I am trying to do something exciting then a museum or symphony is the LAST place I look...when I want to have a good time then I look to the club scene and Dallas has plenty of that.

New York, LA, Chicago, and Vegas may have more to offer than Dallas does but outside of those Dallas has plenty....there are FAR more cities in this country with less to offer

and the fact that you come in here and talk down to us might not make you gay....but it does make you a stuck up prick

Bucks fan

no people that complain about a poor symphony are
    I guess reading comprehension is one of the factors that brings Texas down to #25 on the list of educated states. For the second time, I never commented on the quality of Dallas's symphony. I've never even heard them - apparently they don't play very often.

-primetime-

I guess reading comprehension is one of the factors that brings Texas down to #25 on the list of educated states. For the second time, I never commented on the quality of Dallas's symphony. I've never even heard them - apparently they don't play very often.
    you commented on the lack of one...and that is all I have said....it is you that needs better reading comprehension

and you continue to disrespect Texas's education...

we are #25 over all...probably top 10 in college education...maybe top 5

New York is ranked #16....WHOA what a huge leap that is from #25...

I usually hit open layups timmyD's Avatar

LOL what the hell? ive lived in dallas for a lot of my life and i have never had a problem finding entertainment. we have world class accomodations (gaylord on grapevine lake) that has venues almost everynight and like 5 restraunts in there, awesome shopping, willowbend, grapvine mills, stonebriar, galleria, and you have to go to GOOD restraunts like lawrys, fogo de ciao, bobs chop and steak house, and you could have gone to a rangers game if u were in town this past week.

dallas kicks ass (not a mavs fan)

The Only Way

adamcz, you are a music teacher. Man, you are so freaking smart.

I am going to Texas A&M and I am doing petroleum engineering. IT is #1 in the nation. Suck on that.

No offense but Texas is filled with immigrants from Mexico who cant speak english and black kids in the city who dont really try hard.

Also, Texas is country and hicks arent that smart either.

I know its not saying anything but the president of the United States is from Texas.

Adam, there's no reason for you to be a huge dick. You pick out the only NEGATIVE in my whole post about TGI Friday's but you ignore everything else in my post because you know I am right.

I dont know all the restaurants near the West End Market but that is just ONE of them.

Once again, dont ****ing complain if you didnt plan or anything.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
    adamcz, you are a music teacher. Man, you are so freaking smart.

I am going to Texas A&M and I am doing petroleum engineering. IT is #1 in the nation. Suck on that.

No offense but Texas is filled with immigrants from Mexico who cant speak english and black kids in the city who dont really try hard.

Also, Texas is country and hicks arent that smart either.

I know its not saying anything but the president of the United States is from Texas.

Adam, there's no reason for you to be a huge dick. You pick out the only NEGATIVE in my whole post about TGI Friday's but you ignore everything else in my post because you know I am right.

I dont know all the restaurants near the West End Market but that is just ONE of them.

Once again, dont ****ing complain if you didnt plan or anything.
    you gotta be kiddin me. The person who started this thread is somewhat hypocritical if he is trying to say he's educated. To call dallas the most boring city in the US isn't a very educated statement either way you spin it. Having said that your post is terrible. Do you not think that there are people who don't speak english in NY....how about impoverished locations. I'm willing to bet there are more trailer trash parkies in texas when compared to any other state........not blacks or mexicans either. What point are you trying to make? don't listen to an aggy adam.
    Last edited by lorenzo; 04-17-2007 at 12:14 AM.

Saw a basketball once

you two are beating a dead horse. you are both wrong. You sound like two kids that argue about which father is stronger than the other......as they obviously know little about each other.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by timmyD
    LOL what the hell? ive lived in dallas for a lot of my life and i have never had a problem finding entertainment. we have world class accomodations (gaylord on grapevine lake) that has venues almost everynight and like 5 restraunts in there, awesome shopping, willowbend, grapvine mills, stonebriar, galleria, and you have to go to GOOD restraunts like lawrys, fogo de ciao, bobs chop and steak house, and you could have gone to a rangers game if u were in town this past week.

dallas kicks ass (not a mavs fan)
    I was reading on my flight the other day that bob's is considered to be a national top 10 steak restaurant. I need to try it out. I always enjoy eating at the palm in downtown. Oh last time i ate there it was open for dinner LOL. I think every texan should try eating at the reunion tower restaurant at least once. It has a nice view, however the food wasn't all that when i ate there(not bad....but not great). Another great restaurant that people don't always hear about is the NaNa bar and grill. It is located in the Anatole Hotel(across I35 from the AAC). It has a great view of downtown on the top floor, but unlike the reunion hyatt..... the food and drinks are awesome! I highly recommend it to those who are looking for a pleasant evening.
    Last edited by lorenzo; 04-17-2007 at 12:28 AM.

The Only Way

w/e lorenzo...the fact that Texas is getting a huge influx of non-english speaking immigrants is a big issue and to say it doesnt hurt Texas' education is just wrong.

The point I am trying to make is that education is bad for reasons and not because we are "dumb" or "uneducated."

You live in arizona so honestly you dont know what you are talking about.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
    w/e lorenzo...the fact that Texas is getting a huge influx of non-english speaking immigrants is a big issue and to say it doesnt hurt Texas' education is just wrong.

The point I am trying to make is that education is bad for reasons and not because we are "dumb" or "uneducated."

You live in arizona so honestly you dont know what you are talking about.
    I live in arizona so i don't know what i'm talking about? Have you been outside of texas before? Do you not know that most other major populated areas around the country attract immigrants from various countries? I grew up in North Texas. So i think i know a thing or two. Arizona and the rest of the southwest are struggling with the same immigration issues.....if you are getting into stats. Of corse if you know your american history, NY is a great city because of the diverse ethnic groups that make the city what it is. Obviously, Texas is a great state because of the same reasons. If only everyone spoke english(sarcastic).....and wern't aggys(not sarcastic).

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Mav
    Excuse me if I think the level of education and culture down here is fine. And this city has more than enough after dark activities. It can't be that bad with the number of northerners that move down here. I'm sorry that it wasn't easy for you to find with minimal effort. Which is what you seem to have put out. Why don't you ask for some help or do some research next time. You'll find this city has much to offer. It will never be a New York but then how many cities are? Or you can just bring your X-box and whine. Or if you are feeling generous you can enlighten the masses with your culture.
    northerners are just better americans. They are smarter. The ones that migrated to the south and west are just your token boring uneducated people. Forget about Texas Instruments, Boeing, lockheed, Microsoft, American Airlines, Silicon Valley, qualcomm, NASA, ect. those are just rejects that couldn't make it in the north. Dallas is a great american city. DFW has more non-native texans than any other area in Texas.....while at the same time it still maintains it's old cowtown culture especially in Ft. Worth. Oh i almost forgot......braums! I miss braums so much!

Local High School Star Silent Mav's Avatar

Very nice use of sarcasm lorenzo. Or at least I hope so!