Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star sixerfan3511's Avatar

Default Re: Diop to sign with Mavs...5 year deal starting at nearly 6 mil a year

Quote Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
    All Green does is use his atheleticism.
    he hasn't been given a chance anywhere he's been. He's what...21 years old? he still has a lot of potential

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Default Re: Diop to sign with Mavs...5 year deal starting at nearly 6 mil a year

Quote Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
    he hasn't been given a chance anywhere he's been. He's what...21 years old? he still has a lot of potential
    Well he's 21 and on his 4th team...

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Perkins>Diop.. cant believe i said that.. Dallas needs to realize that they are overpaying a true center because they overpaid dampier who they thought was a center

that much for a bench player??

Looks as if they wanted him bad and didn't want to let anything to the case. They had him prior so he brings nothing new. He's actually very valuable to them, overpaid yeah but a great addition. Although yeah, slightly overpriced. Heck, maybe even not anymore with how the market is going. Kwame was making 9 million for 3 years. Diop's contract pales in comparison.

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emile
    Looks as if they wanted him bad and didn't want to let anything to the case.
    Well then, why did they trade him in the Kidd deal?

The nets wanted him and the Mavs were desperate to make a trade after the George episode.

I mean now, in the free agent market. Obviously they had him. Then they didn't have him. So they should be more than able to evaluate his worth to them. It's a very familiar territory for them with almost no unknowns at all. They know what he brings, they know for sure and obviously they wanted to acquire that back. So in that respect, they didn't want to let anything to the case, that's what I meant.

I love Diop and Dampier. People seems to rate them after what how they are payed and not what they do. Defend the paint, rebound and block shots.

I just dont hope we will overpay Diop that badly

Jerome James Part II... The guys has one good post-season (like James), in this case a 2nd half against Duncan and next thing you know, he's Bill Russell

He's not a bad player if your a contender in the West, but not sure if he's worth that money, given his conditioning issues.

Career averages of

2 pts
    4 rpg
    1 blk
    43% FG
    14 minuutes

Career high in points... 10!

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/desaga...eer_stats.html

Cause they knew, he was a half season rental to NJ and they would get him back this off-season... I called that the minute the deal happened... and wanted Bass so much more, whom Dallas fans would have given up over Diop at the time.

Very good NBA starter

I can see him being "Jerome James Part II", but not to the same extent. James was over 30, has a good series defensively with the Sonics in 2005, and Isiah is an idiot. For Diop I'm thinking more, "Ben Wallace Part II" with those averages you posted up. Diop is still young, and the Mavs are essentially re-assembling their 05-06 roster with Kidd instead of Devin Harris, but I agree with anybody who says he's getting overpaid. Especially if a stacked team like the Celtics or Spurs comes away with a 20 PPG player in Corey Maggette for the full MLE, and keep their Kurt Thomas' or PJ Browns' around for the cheap (LLE), who are comparable to Diop.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

well, its not like there was a ton of top notch 4/5 s in jersey he had to compete with for time. if he couldnt get solidly in the rotation there.... and hes had plenty of chances. hell, he practically split the 5 with damp in dallas before. thats plenty of a chance. good player within his limitations, but not worth that. hell I though nazr wasnt worth the 5 a year we signed him for and hes a much more well rounded player than diop.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

my bad. misread your post. shouldve been obvious since diop is 25 or whatever.

still, a terrible team like minny and he couldnt break the rotation? he got his ass waived as I recall. twice in one season

WTF are the mavs doing that is the most retarded thing lol.
    Jason Collins with more hops...
    First Kidd then this long term deal... why are they helping us out so much?