Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Default Re: Still not ready to fire Grunwald?

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    I disagree but whatever. I don't think Melo, JR, Felton, Shumpert are overpaid. Ironically, I feel like they're the best players on the team. Go figure.
    melo's contract doesnt lineup anywhere close to the current CBA, so yes, he's overpaid.

JR signed with us because no one offered more.

Shump is on rookie scale, his deal doesnt equate yet.

Felton is on a cheap backup type deal, but thats really what he is.....never should have gotten a four year deal though, thats my main issue.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

1. I don't get how that's his fault he signed before the CBA. Out of the players who make the max, he's better than 99% of them. Whatever the max is, was and will be, Carmelo Anthony would have been a max player.
    2. Not true at all. Dallas wasn't willing to go over 8 million but offered him more. Milwaukee showed interest but appears to be more interested in OJ Mayo... which is understandable.
    3. By all I assumed you meant ALL.
    4. Felton get paid far less than what he's asked to do. If he's getting backup money to be a starter, and you at least admit he's a backup, how exactly is he over paid? And why does it matter how long the deal is? If he's a capable backup in your eyes making appropriate money...

1. I don't get how that's his fault he signed before the CBA. Out of the players who make the max, he's better than 99% of them. Whatever the max is, was and will be, Carmelo Anthony would have been a max player.
    2. Not true at all. Dallas wasn't willing to go over 8 million but offered him more. Milwaukee showed interest but appears to be more interested in OJ Mayo... which is understandable.
    3. By all I assumed you meant ALL.
    4. Felton get paid far less than what he's asked to do. If he's getting backup money to be a starter, and you at least admit he's a backup, how exactly is he over paid? And why does it matter how long the deal is? If he's a capable backup in your eyes making appropriate money...
    I didnt say it was his fault, i merely said overpaid. It's like still paying a high mortgage on a house without the option to refinance now that the market is lower....not the homeowners fault, but the price is still too high.

I have seen no article stating teams were willing to offer JR more.

Honestly Felton isnt worth the deal he has at all, I want to see him run the pg position without assistance of having another on the floor with him.

Clutch this is all I'm saying lol If we bring back Prigioni for the minimum. I'm completely fine with it. Who are we bidding against though? Like I said before, we're literally at an auction by ourselves raising the paddle.

And Blue vs Orange...I'd hardly consider Novak a success considering Glen Grunwald himself was quoted this week as saying the signing was a mistake lol How was Novak cheap? We paid him 4 million dollars. And need I remind you HOW we obtained Tyson Chandler? Even if you like him (which I don't), we wasted our amnesty on a player right after we picked up his team option. Literally one of the dumbest uses of the amnesty in the league.
    Novak was overpaid when he re-signed he was brought on a cheap ass contract.

You can't let Billups walk, pretty sure when his option was picked, no one thought Mavs didn't want Chandler back. You can argue bad luck there, that's it.

About Prigi and JR contracts, i have nothing against Knicks overpaying their own players, it sends a good message to agents and other players, that sooner or later you gonna get paid. Knicks might be able to sign good players for cheap because of it. And if anyone deserves is Prigi, class act and consummated professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Novak was overpaid when he re-signed he was brought on a cheap ass contract.

You can't let Billups walk, pretty sure when his option was picked, no one thought Mavs didn't want Chandler back. You can argue bad luck there, that's it.

About Prigi and JR contracts, i have nothing against Knicks overpaying their own players, it sends a good message to agents and other players, that sooner or later you gonna get paid. Knicks might be able to sign good players for cheap because of it. And if anyone deserves is Prigi, class act and consummated professional.
    1. He was brought in because nobody wanted him. And then we didn't want him either. I don't get how you can argue this when Grunwald himself said "I paid Novak too much money."

2. Chauncey Billups hasn't been a 13 million dollar PG in a while. He damn sure wasn't one for the Knicks, especially given the fact that he was hurt the entire playoffs. So Walsh was an idiot for that (and Grunwald was here with him). Then we compounded the problem paying Chandler. Not sure what luck and the Mavs have to do with it.

3. We've overpaid players who don't deserve it for years. It hasn't paid dividends yet. If we're sending a message, it might be a poor one. In FA, don't both negotiating with the Knicks, because they'll spend their money or bums because they are fan favorites and their fan base hates the players who can actually play.

And for the record, I don't consider JR overpaid. JJ Reddick got a 7 mill per year contract. I think JR's is market value for a 6 man of the year. Especially given the fact he's been playing here WELL under market value.

Grunwald has made 1 trade this offseason- and it was a great trade. Took a safe low risk/low reward draft pick- and then picked up a guy that could payoff as an undrafted rookie.

There is still a chance of another trade- grunwald might have the best offseason of any gm in the league.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Grunwald has made 1 trade this offseason- and it was a great trade. Took a safe low risk/low reward draft pick- and then picked up a guy that could payoff as an undrafted rookie.

There is still a chance of another trade- grunwald might have the best offseason of any gm in the league.
    [COLOR="Navy"]you sir a delusional. that was not a great trade it was garbage trade. you overpaid for a guy that would have eventually been amnestied that they couldnt get rid of fast enough and mortgaging picks which is equated to cheap labour.

there is still time though for this guy to do something. but right now
    felton, shump, melo, bargs, stat, chandler, hardaway jr, leslie is not going anywhere fast. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bargs didnt fill one void on this team. He isnt the answer to anything this team needed to fill. This team needed a scorer, defender, size, a legit number 2. Bargs does none of these things. [/COLOR]
    Last edited by Rameek; 07-05-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="Navy"]you sir a delusional. that was not a great trade it was garbage trade. you overpaid for a guy that would have eventually been amnestied that they couldnt get rid of fast enough and mortgaging picks which is equated to cheap labour.

there is still time though for this guy to do something. but right now
    felton, shump, melo, bargs, stat, chandler, hardaway jr, leslie is not going anywhere fast. [/COLOR]
    1 future pick in the 20's. another Tim hardaway jr type pick- 2nds can be bought in any year if there was a guy they wanted.

I agree that Felton, shumpert, Carmelo, Bargnani, amare, chandler, and the 2 rookies isn't going anywhere. But I think you are wrong that Carmelo, Bargnani, shumpert, jr isn't a group of 4 that can be added too.

Amare is someone who you can't count on anything from- put the right pieces around him and put him in the right spot and the Knicks can revive some of his value.

So if amare can't be moved for pieces it has to be chandler and Felton moved for pieces that fit around the top 4. Are you really saying the Knicks couldn't get anything out of those guys? Or do you believe those 2 are the right pieces?

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    1 future pick in the 20's. another Tim hardaway jr type pick- 2nds can be bought in any year if there was a guy they wanted.

I agree that Felton, shumpert, Carmelo, Bargnani, amare, chandler, and the 2 rookies isn't going anywhere. But I think you are wrong that Carmelo, Bargnani, shumpert, jr isn't a group of 4 that can be added too.

Amare is someone who you can't count on anything from- put the right pieces around him and put him in the right spot and the Knicks can revive some of his value.

So if amare can't be moved for pieces it has to be chandler and Felton moved for pieces that fit around the top 4. Are you really saying the Knicks couldn't get anything out of those guys? Or do you believe those 2 are the right pieces?
    [COLOR="Navy"]Do you realize you cant buy a complete roster? If you do you have to want to be way over the luxury tax. Obviously you didnt get the memo the new CBA punishment for being over the luxury tax is astronomical. The knicks arent going over where they are....!!! They eventually want to lower the bill.

So how do you not buy a team you draft players but if you have no picks then you cant do that... If you have no picks you cant dump players on other teams for free.

For you to dump players on other teams they have to be moved to teams that are under the salary cap. None of these players are worth their salary. You realize thats what franchise main complaint is. Can they be moved sure. How do you do it then when these guys arent commodities for play? They arent expirers, you have no picks to package them with? You dont want to take on more salary?

Something should be done though if you want a championship.[/COLOR]

3 picks for a dude that no one wanted is now considered great?

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    3 picks for a dude that no one wanted is now considered great?
    You referring to Bargnani?
    My goodness, the dude is on the team and we STILL have to hear ya boy's endorsement of why he should be on the team? lmao

This isn't the Knicks forum this is the "lets whine and bitch" forum.

A late 1st round pick for a former n

[QUOTE=Blue&Orange]This isn't the Knicks forum this is the "lets whine and bitch" forum.

A late 1st round pick for a former n

Bargnani was booed worse than A Rod in Toronto lmao

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    he was certain to be amnestied.
    false