Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bobcats Rumors

You've been 'Smacked!

Default Re: Bobcats Rumors

Couple of FWIW rumors:

Guy in Minnesota is speculating about a 9th/Ammo for 3rd/filler trade...the Minny organization has been asked twice (last time this AM) and won't comment.

Laker fan on RealGM says we are in "serious" talks about a Odom/Crash swap.

Local High School Star

" Chad Ford has us taking Love at 9. I hate the pick more now than ever. I really hope we take a true center instead of another PF b/c it won't let us move Okafor to the 4. "

We dont need Okafor at the 4, we need him at the 5.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by ~spectre~
    Couple of FWIW rumors:

Guy in Minnesota is speculating about a 9th/Ammo for 3rd/filler trade...the Minny organization has been asked twice (last time this AM) and won't comment.

Charlotte needs to move up if at all possible and get...OJ MAYO. I have seen this kid play since he was younger at Huntington High School in Huntington WV and got a chance to see him play in college. He is the real deal. If Charlotte wants a guy to put AIS (arses in seats) and to get a next gen stud, they need to amp up the charge to try to pursue the 3rd pick...but beware... I wouldnt be surprised to see the Heat take him @ #2. He is THAT good. If the Bobcats can get him, I'd be trecking up from Winston Salem for some season tix, he is the only player besides Beastley I'd pay to watch at this point in this years draft. That may change in the future.

Bobcats send #9, Morrison, and player... (?) for Minny's #3. Even if Miami goes with Mayo, still get Beasley or Rose. Win-Win Situation. And Morrison who is taking up NBA space and money , is gone.

Local High School Star TarHeelBorn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liverpooty
    " Chad Ford has us taking Love at 9. I hate the pick more now than ever. I really hope we take a true center instead of another PF b/c it won't let us move Okafor to the 4. "

WHAT?!?! I know you pay more attention to Bobcat basketball than that, liverpooty...
    Last edited by TarHeelBorn; 06-23-2008 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~spectre~
    Couple of FWIW rumors:

Those 2 deals go through, our starting line-up becomes Felton, Mayo, JRich, Odom, Okafor... kinda small but still playoff potential in the East, especially under Larry Brown. Problem is that we still wouldn't have any depth, which is the major concern.

However, I think Minny will get a lot better offers than 9 + Ammo for 3 unless they send us some terrible contract so they can go after a free agent. That terrible contract is Antoine Walker. If we took on him and Odom, we would clear $24 mil in cap space after next season! That would be pretty spectacular considering we could still have Felton, Mayo, Jrich, and Okafor under contract + cap space. Now if we could only ship off Carroll's contract. However, we really want to have cap space in the 2010 off season, not the 2009 off season.

I do think the Wallace for Odom deal could certainly come to be. It would allow us to clear a ton of cap space in a year. But isn't G-Dub a BYC player? That rule always confuses me with trades.
    Last edited by TarHeelBorn; 06-24-2008 at 12:04 AM.

Local High School Star

I pay plenty of attention to Bobcats basketball, perhaps more than you do. Okafor guarding all these perimeter 4's all across the league is an absolute disaster. Id rather have Okafor at the 5 and get or draft a 4 that has the athletic ability/lateral movement to guard perimeter oriented forwards.

Decent playground baller

I'm with liverpooty on this, Okafor is weaker defending the 4 than the 5 and is better in the low post offensively than shooting mid range. Sure he's short for a Center but Ben Wallace was even shorter and won multiple DPOY as a Center I thought?

Also Mek is underated offensively one on one he just doesn't otherwise create his own points. If we can get him a partner to spread the floor just a little rather than mr 4 ft range Nazr (who is OK as a squad player) then his offense would go up too.

You've been 'Smacked!

THB Crash's BYC drops July 1st so the deal with LAL would have to go down after that. We're still like 1 million short salarywise, so maybe a re-signed Hollins on a 1 year 1 million dollar contract to make it work?

I agree with Liverpooty that Mek seems to be more comfortable at the 5 spot, but I have a theory that it's Mek and not necessarily the organization who's pushing him being a PF. Remember the Idiot last year 1st saying he needed a C, we get Nazr then 2 weeks later the Idiot declares Mek a 5? Remember Mek and the Idiot getting into a heated argument around that time?

I'm thinking that like Felts and the "combo guard" thing, management is trying to undo last year's mistakes and get the players confidence in themselves and the team back. Mek really only struggles with certain PFs like Bosh, most he can hang with. IMO the main thing is to get a better rebounder/help defender beside him.

Meanmonster, totally agree that Mayo is worth making extaodinary moves in order to acquire him, but even if Miami takes him 2nd Beasley certainly wouldn't be a bad "settle".

I definitely meant that in a joking manner liverpooty, we are all friends and avid Bobcats fans here.

The thing is, if we are talking about who can guard who, Love is NOT the answer. He is not going to keep up with anyone that Mek can't ... I don't care what his combine numbers show, he ain't guarding Bosh, Garnett, or Howard. In general, this team is in a tough place and this is a really tough draft; I'd hate to be management right now.

Feel free to make new threads dizzle....no need to resurrect 3 year old threads.

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liverpooty

That was a good prediction.