Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 03-30-2007, 01:10 AM   #1
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation
Default Kmart vs. Nene

Once Kmart (presumably) returns to full strength next year, how do you expect Karl to split the minutes between the aforementioned and the ever improving Nene.

I would expect Nene to be starting at the commencement of the season but once Kenyon shakes off the rust, will he reclaim the starting job? Right now Nene is playing some terrific basketball but historically Kenyon has been the better of the two and i believe still holds that mantle with ease with disregard for his injury.

Would it be wise to continue giving Nene more minutes to further continue his development (the fruits of which we are now beginning to recognise more and more) or do you give the nod to the proven veteran in Kmart?

One viable option of course is Nene playing center more often. Its well documented that Karl loves the hustle he gets form Najera and Evans so you would expect these guys to get PT (however limited it may have to be).

Anyway, what are your thoughts?
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:11 AM   #2
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kmart vs. Nene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
Once Kmart (presumably) returns to full strength next year, how do you expect Karl to split the minutes between the aforementioned and the ever improving Nene.

I would expect Nene to be starting at the commencement of the season but once Kenyon shakes off the rust, will he reclaim the starting job? Right now Nene is playing some terrific basketball but historically Kenyon has been the better of the two and i believe still holds that mantle with ease with disregard for his injury.

Would it be wise to continue giving Nene more minutes to further continue his development (the fruits of which we are now beginning to recognise more and more) or do you give the nod to the proven veteran in Kmart?

One viable option of course is Nene playing center more often. Its well documented that Karl loves the hustle he gets form Najera and Evans so you would expect these guys to get PT (however limited it may have to be).

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

I believe that both will split the time together and will see many minutes since they can switch between center and forward. BUt I don't see a happy future for Evans.. He has fell out of the rotation and I believe if they want to sign Blake next year someone has to go and Evans is the likely canidate(since he can't shoot a lick and if he holds the ball more that 3 seconds he loses it)
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:09 AM   #3
melo4life
I airball my layups

melo4life has an OK reputation so far

I think at the moment it would be harsh to start Nene off on the bench, he has been playing soo well lately. I think we start K-Mart on the bench for the first few games, and see how things work out. But for the moment I would start Nene over K-Mart.
melo4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:38 PM   #4
paguy1955
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by melo4life
I think at the moment it would be harsh to start Nene off on the bench, he has been playing soo well lately. I think we start K-Mart on the bench for the first few games, and see how things work out. But for the moment I would start Nene over K-Mart.
It will be the same for K-Mart next season. It will take him half the season to play himself back into playing shape. The same things Nene went through this year K-Mart will expierence. He just have to be patience.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:03 PM   #5
Moose

K-Mart is still better when not injured, but Nene is ballin'.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:27 PM   #6
nailedanother1
Can barely lace up my sneakers

nailedanother1 has an OK reputation so far

Who is to say that the Nuggets even keep Kenyon? He would make for a great trade for us. Nene is young and good enough to handle the big guys so that Camby is free to roam and have a block fest. I think that the Nuggets should trade him and get someone else or some draft picks. They just need to sell that he is fully healed.

Come join my sports challenge http://www.insidenation.com/picks
It's free and bet on sports without putting up a dollar to win hundreds.
nailedanother1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:40 PM   #7
paguy1955
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailedanother1
Who is to say that the Nuggets even keep Kenyon? He would make for a great trade for us. Nene is young and good enough to handle the big guys so that Camby is free to roam and have a block fest. I think that the Nuggets should trade him and get someone else or some draft picks. They just need to sell that he is fully healed.

Come join my sports challenge http://www.insidenation.com/picks
It's free and bet on sports without putting up a dollar to win hundreds.

Who wants damaged goods with a LARGE contract. Kenyon will be a Nuggets for awhile!
Old 04-26-2007, 07:43 PM   #8
krazy k
Can barely lace up my sneakers

krazy k has an OK reputation so far

Nene is definitely better, younger, stronger. Seen him in the series lately?
krazy k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:20 AM   #9
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

Its all good for the team, k-mart return would add much more depth to the team.Its all on george karl to think about it and deal with it.
We can be happy we have both,hehe
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:59 AM   #10
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i love K-Mart
i say heep both. Camby isnt too old...but he's getting there
i say you start Camby and Kenyon. BEst defender and another good defender. Denver usually keeps in Camby or nene. So i say keep nene on the bench and play him center minutes. let nene play huge minutes off the bench as the main option and 6th man.
so you start Camby and Kmart
C.Camby
PF.Kmart
in comes nene for Kmart...
then camby needs a break so in comes kmart and switch nene to center.
Which would be ill. Kmart and Nene would be sooo nasty.k-mart and Camby will be a fast breaking big men pair. Let camby stay on the defensive end and Kmart on the offensive and cherry pick.lol..(as joke)
then i say trade Evans. He's a great rebounder and teams need that. Trade najera.
keep melo nd LK at the 3.
keep AI and Blake and JR as the guards
thats an 8 man rotation to not be messed with.
MJ(Mean John) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:22 PM   #11
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
i love K-Mart
i say heep both. Camby isnt too old...but he's getting there
i say you start Camby and Kenyon. BEst defender and another good defender. Denver usually keeps in Camby or nene. So i say keep nene on the bench and play him center minutes. let nene play huge minutes off the bench as the main option and 6th man.
so you start Camby and Kmart
C.Camby
PF.Kmart
in comes nene for Kmart...
then camby needs a break so in comes kmart and switch nene to center.
Which would be ill. Kmart and Nene would be sooo nasty.k-mart and Camby will be a fast breaking big men pair. Let camby stay on the defensive end and Kmart on the offensive and cherry pick.lol..(as joke)
then i say trade Evans. He's a great rebounder and teams need that. Trade najera.
keep melo nd LK at the 3.
keep AI and Blake and JR as the guards
thats an 8 man rotation to not be messed with.
Isn't Camby like 27 or 28? Not quite what I would consider old in the NBA. More like entering his prime...

But yes, I think that the Nuggets should hold on to K-Mart unless they can get some great offers for him that would fit well into the team. He offers more depth to a team that is starving for good help off of the bench. If he can outplay Nene on both ends of the court, then Karl can give him the spot. But Nene's interior defense is important so don't bench him too quickly just because K-Mart is a better offensive player...
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:19 PM   #12
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillswithaz
Isn't Camby like 27 or 28? Not quite what I would consider old in the NBA. More like entering his prime...

But yes, I think that the Nuggets should hold on to K-Mart unless they can get some great offers for him that would fit well into the team. He offers more depth to a team that is starving for good help off of the bench. If he can outplay Nene on both ends of the court, then Karl can give him the spot. But Nene's interior defense is important so don't bench him too quickly just because K-Mart is a better offensive player...

camby is 33....just for your info...
MJ(Mean John) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:21 AM   #13
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far

I think the Nuggets are going with Kenyon in the starting five. Nene appeard much slender last season and it showed. He played great at the end of the season. But if Kenyon is healthy, he will start cause Nene can bring more energy of the bech, and as for now Kenyon still has little better overall game. And Nene can also backup Camby so he'll get his minutes. Denver has a great starting five/6th man next season, if they don't trade Camby..

Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:56 PM   #14
GoldNugg21
Good High School Starter

GoldNugg21 has an OK reputation so far

First off, there is basically no way to trade Kenyon right now.

I think it's pretty obvious that Nene will begin the year as the starter, and Kenyon will get increasing minutes off the bench as the year progresses. He needs to get his confidence in the knee back, and as Nene showed, that is often a gradual process. If both are full health, I think whoever is more willing to come off the bench will do so, probably Kenyon. But having three posts that are just below all star level, which all three are when healthy, is pretty awesome.
GoldNugg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: