Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default Re: Deadspin: Manti Te

Tuiasosopo's friend from church told ESPN that Tuiasosopo admitted to having his female cousin speak to Te'o over the phone.
    I see this now...

so they did this together for 3 years?...hours everyday?

these people need to be committed if this is true...

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    things don't add up...

who was Manti talking to on the phone supposedly every night? Sometimes he supposedly would fall asleep with "Lennay" on the phone and wake up in the morning still talking to her.

Manti said that he talked to her while she was at the hospital, and that her brother and nurse were in the room.

it's so hard to believe
    It could have been a female that his friend set up to talk to him. The female he claimed to talk too could have been in on the hoax.

I'm not defending Teo at all tho. Right now I'm confused as this story is just strange. I'm used to the basic story. Guy chats with girl online. Girl lies about who she is and what she looks like (basically stealing someone elses persona). Guy falls in love with the pixels. Guy meets girl. Girl isnt who she said she was.

This story? I'm lost. I believe one part, then question another only to question the part I believe and believe the part I questioned. You lost right now? Good, take a seat because I've been lost for awhile since this story broke.

No matter what the one thing constant? Teo looks like a loser in any scenerio presented.

Very good NBA starter

things don't add up...

who was Manti talking to on the phone supposedly every night? Sometimes he supposedly would fall asleep with "Lennay" on the phone and wake up in the morning still talking to her.

Manti said that he talked to her while she was at the hospital, and that her brother and nurse were in the room.

it's so hard to believe
    It's not hard to believe that the guy could get someone else in on the alleged hoax. Also it's not hard to believe that T'eo played up parts of the story instead of saying yeah I have an internet girlfriend who I've never met and risk looking like the biggest loser.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    It's not hard to believe that the guy could get someone else in on the alleged hoax. Also it's not hard to believe that T'eo played up parts of the story instead of saying yeah I have an internet girlfriend who I've never met and risk looking like the biggest loser.
    If Manti didn't play anything up, that would mean this was pretty much a full time job for the hoaxters...for 3 years...daily phone calls, tweets, etc

staying on the phone with Manti all night many nights even...

it's insanity

Manti must have embellished a lot...and Manti's father must have lied when saying she came to Hawaii to visit several times...and the Fullback from the Cardinals? I'm still not sure how he fits into all this.

This is the most annoying story in a long time...

WTF does this story have to do with anything that matters?

I cant dodge this story fast enough... its popping up all over the place and I fail to see the relevance of it..

I turned on the news last night and quickly turned it right off..

"Whew... I almost saw that" .....

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1

This is the most annoying story in a long time...

WTF does this story have to do with anything that matters?

I cant dodge this story fast enough... its popping up all over the place and I fail to see the relevance of it..

I turned on the news last night and quickly turned it right off..

"Whew... I almost saw that" .....
    anything that matter? It matters just as much as a touchdown does.

He duped an entire school, and nation into falling in love with him for his story of loss...it is like what if you found out Armstrong didn't really have cancer?...does it matter? no...but people loved him for beating cancer...just like people loved Manti for overcoming loss...

ESPN has a woman who refused to go on camera who said Tuiasosopo confessed to her that he and his cousins were in on this hoax.

This is psychopath shit.

They also have on camera interviews with a man and a woman who says Tuiasosopo pulled this prank on their cousin in 2008. ESPN tracked them down through the folks on twitter who were joking about Lennay K last fall.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 01-18-2013 at 05:08 PM.

anything that matter? It matters just as much as a touchdown does.
    Touchdown doesnt matter much in the grand scheme of things, but I expect to see touchdowns when I go to espn.com... not a whole bunch of stories about some college player's fake girlfriend..

I guess, it is what it, because alot of people are loving this stuff

He duped an entire school, and nation into falling in love with him for his story of loss...it is like what if you found out Armstrong didn't really have cancer?...does it matter? no...but people loved him for beating cancer...just like people loved Manti for overcoming loss...

That happens to be another story I dont give a sh*t about... I figured that nutball was lying years ago and left it alone back then..

So I guess its all relative

Check out this craziness.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...-voice-2013171

But this is not the first sad story Tuiasosopo has reportedly engineered. A source tells Us Weekly that the aspiring singer spun quite a tale for the producers of NBC's The Voice, too -- when he auditioned to be a contestant on the upcoming season.
    PHOTOS: Before they were on The Voice
    "He had this insane sob story before [he sang]," an insider reveals to Us. "It would make for great TV."
    According to the source, Tuiasosopo told producers he and his cousins started a Christian band together and were on their way to perform at a youth conference in Nevada when they got into a "massive" car accident. He claimed a truck crashed into their vehicle, sending them flip-flopping all over the freeway. He also said doctors thought one of them might have been brain-dead, but miraculously, everyone was fine.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 01-18-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Very good NBA starter

If Manti didn't play anything up, that would mean this was pretty much a full time job for the hoaxters...for 3 years...daily phone calls, tweets, etc

staying on the phone with Manti all night many nights even...

it's insanity

Manti must have embellished a lot...and Manti's father must have lied when saying she came to Hawaii to visit several times...and the Fullback from the Cardinals? I'm still not sure how he fits into all this.
    Well it seems that he did embellish parts of the story, but it's not necessarily uncommon. I mean who actually talks to someone every single ****ing day. I hear NBA players say this a lot "we're close friends, we talk everyday" which is highly doubtful considering their schedules etc. His parents were obviously in on it either a) after they discovered that he was the victim of a hoax or b) they were part of it. The story is so confusing and the Cardinals player having met her is even more

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Touchdown doesnt matter much in the grand scheme of things, but I expect to see touchdowns when I go to espn.com... not a whole bunch of stories about some college player's fake girlfriend..

I guess, it is what it, because alot of people are loving this stuff

That happens to be another story I dont give a sh*t about... I figured that nutball was lying years ago and left it alone back then..

So I guess its all relative
    This is all the male soap opera...it is true

in the grand scheme of things who gives a shit...it is just so strange and crazy I can't help but to be interested

It is sports worthy news though in that this affects Manti's draft stock a great deal though

Not sure why you guys are so surprised. This stuff happens everyday. Have none of you watched the show Catfish? The entire show is based around people playing other people online. Some of these people create entire fake social networks, and have multiple people in on the scams.

The reason that people do it seems to vary. Some do it as a mean prank. Some people do it for some sort of self-fulfillment. And, of course, some do it to scam people out of money.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Not sure why you guys are so surprised. This stuff happens everyday. Have none of you watched the show Catfish? The entire show is based around people playing other people online. Some of these people create entire fake social networks, and have multiple people in on the scams.

The reason that people do it seems to vary. Some do it as a mean prank. Some people do it for some sort of self-fulfillment. And, of course, some do it to scam people out of money.
    it just isn't an interesting story when it's some Napoleon Dynamite looking dude out in some mobile home in Montana...

This is the face of Notre Dame, who used this story of death to get the whole country to love him...who could probably have had almost any girl at the school if he wanted...getting hoaxed for 3 years, dating someone online, without meeting...it's crazy imo

it just isn't an interesting story when it's some Napoleon Dynamite looking dude out in some mobile home in Montana...

This is the face of Notre Dame, who used this story of death to get the whole country to love him...who could probably have had almost any girl at the school if he wanted...getting hoaxed for 3 years, dating someone online, without meeting...it's crazy imo

Happens everyday. I saw a story of a girl who dated a guy for 10 YEARS online without ever meeting him.

And your assumption that he was somehow using this story for media attention is just that, an assumption. Sounds to me like the guy just got played.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Happens everyday. I saw a story of a girl who dated a guy for 10 YEARS online without ever meeting him.

And your assumption that he was somehow using this story for media attention is just that, an assumption. Sounds to me like the guy just got played.
    I'm not assuming he used it for attention...I am am saying that the story DID get him attention...lots of attention

he almost won the Heisman, and many would say the story of him overcoming the death of his girlfriend was a big reason why.