Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star MrEncinas's Avatar

Default Re: Im Calling it NOW (NBA LOTTO)

Quote Originally Posted by stewen12
    Heat. They should draft Beasley and trade Haslem for Reddick Arroyo and a future first rounder or two
    You need to check the Heat forum. A couple of us already tore that trade apart.

Quote Originally Posted by MrEncinas
    Can anyone tell me why everyone is predicting the Knicks are getting the first pick? People do realize the have only a 7% chance at the first. Now I understand the Heat are guaranteed the first pick, but they are three times more likely to get the pick then the Knicks. Because of that I wonder why I don't see more "The Heat Will Have The First Pick" threads.
    because its a boring prediction. it's like saying "the team with the best regular season record will win the nba finals".

Local High School Star MrEncinas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    because its a boring prediction. it's like saying "the team with the best regular season record will win the nba finals".
    Completely untrue, because the team with the best record isn't given a predeclared percentage of the winning the playoffs (though some conspiarcy theorists my beg to differ). There are still unknowns to factor in with actual games, as opposed to the Draft Lottery where everyone's odds have already been decided and assigned.

Quote Originally Posted by MrEncinas
    Completely untrue, because the team with the best record isn't given a predeclared percentage of the winning the playoffs (though some conspiarcy theorists my beg to differ). There are still unknowns to factor in with actual games, as opposed to the Draft Lottery where everyone's odds have already been decided and assigned.
    it comes down to this. 25% isnt that much more than 7%(knicks). it's a lousy percentage and when only 4 teams with the worst record in the league have been rewarded with the #1 pick it shows. im not sure of the team with the lowest percentage to ever get the #1 pick is. i believe when the rockets got yao ming they had the 8th best percentage?? (not sure) i think a lot of people would just rather see it work out for the knicks with the hand they've been dealt. a team that tanked like miami (dwade having surgery that some think wasn't needed,pat riley leaving the team for scouting trips,starting half the d-league) shouldnt be REWARDED with the #1 pick. a team like the knicks need that pick as a fresh start to go along with their fresh start in the front office and coaching staff.i know thats a lot,but thats why i'd like to see the knicks get it.(draft rose)

1. "dwade having surgery that some think wasn't needed...." moronic, who has surgery when its not needed? The electroshock treatment was not surgery btw.

2. "pat riley leaving the team for scouting trips..." why did he do it? Hes the team pres. and he needed to find players... that leads us to...

3. "starting half the d-league..." there really was no other choice.
    Last edited by 305Baller; 05-20-2008 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    1. "dwade having surgery that some think wasn't needed...." moronic, who has surgery when its not needed? The electroshock treatment was not surgery btw.

2. "pat riley leaving the team for scouting trips..." why did he do it? Hes the team pres. and he needed to find players... that leads us to...

3. "starting half the d-league..." there really was no other choice.
    I'll accept 1 and maybe 3, but your 2nd point is just dumb.if you sign on to be the head coach that means be there for every game.i dont remember him leaving the bench for scouting the year they went to the finals?or the year they were eliminated first round?he quit.plain and simple.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

For the record, I have no problem with Riley doing those scouting trips. In fact, I applaud him for having the balls to do it.

Timberwolves FTW

well, my prediction was half-right.

well, my prediction was half-right.
    oh wait I didnt write that I thought MIA was gonna get the second..oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    I'll accept 1 and maybe 3, but your 2nd point is just dumb.if you sign on to be the head coach that means be there for every game.i dont remember him leaving the bench for scouting the year they went to the finals?or the year they were eliminated first round?he quit.plain and simple.
    Although I partially agree with you, the Heat also didn't have the worst record in the NBA those years. I agree he quit, but there was at least some truth to what his claimed reasoning was.

Lanier wore size 22. PerkinsFor3's Avatar

The New York Knicks will get the #1 pick.

They will select Rose.
    In the end, you were right on Rose being the #1 pick AND the Knicks getting him.