Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
Ignorance at its finest. I see you keep parroting that incorrect 70% of GDP stat. Try looking into things a bit before just parroting them like some inane drone. And even at the % consumer spending is (which is much lower than 70%), consumers are spending far more money than they actually have (i.e. borrowing), which of course, in your warped and completely illogical worldview, is a good thing. Borrowing for investment is far preferable and much more productive than borrowing to consume.

Consumption does not drive real economic growth, and it only takes the most basic logic (which you evidently lack) to understand why this is so. The only real way to increase wealth is to improve the efficiency of production. Inflating an artificially concocted statistic (i.e. GDP) is not a sure fire indicator of real growth, wealth and prosperity.
I don't believe GDP is used to give us an overall view of growth. It just shows whose putting money into the economy. I don't do much research on it, but I would like to know who or what make up the other 30%?

Saying that....no matter how efficient you may be at creating at product, if no one wants it, it's worthless.

It's simple supply and demand. Demand dictates the supply. I think that term should be switched to be honest. There is NO Incentive for a business to grow (invest) if they are not making money. The only way to make money is to move product. Once you move product and can no longer keep up with demand, THEN you expand (invest in your business) and buy another building, warehouse, store etc. And thus you NEED MORE PEOPLE to run it.

Of you don't have people to buy your product, then your business won't be going very far. How is this do difficult to comprehend? ????