Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: GT: Michigan State vs Kentucky (Randle's debut!)

Gary Harris looks beastly.

When's the last time MSU has had a stud on the wing like Gary Harris? Please don't say Maurice Ager or Shannon Brown. lol

Heck, I should say stud in general because while Draymond was a first team all-american, he wasn't and is never gonna be more than a bench player in the NBA. Harris can legit carry this team I believe on offense without relying on teammates.

Payne is nice too. lol

Worried about only being up 12 though....let's see if they can keep it up and it starts on defense.

Randle is STRONG. Good move.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    What? I didn't argue that at all.

I said UK wasn't moving without the ball and it looks awful. Your reply implied it is because of their youth. I disagreed with evidence of past "new" Cal teams and that they looked different out of the timeout.

Nothing in my posts suggests I think this team is incredibly overrated and this is a repeat of last year. Which I think you were getting at in the last post with different words. I might be wrong on that. Correct me if I am.

Payne reminds me of someone. Help me out, anyone? Oh, and I'm not looking forward to the MSU game. You guys are going to romp us.
    Well yeah we disagreed on it, I said they're young and a new team while you implied it's not much of a factor:

Not like this is their first time playing together. Practices started in September. This isn't the first time Cal has put out a bunch of new players either.
    They stood completely still for a few possessions, yes they where shook...because they are young. It's not like they don't know how to move. No other Cal team this young has played this good of an opponent so early in the season. Kentucky is ranked 1 and MSU 2 but the numbers mean so little at this point because they're all untested, Kentucky is an underdog going in in a big game like this.

Randle heating up

Randle's coming up big.

randle's got some of that fck you attitude

Randle pretty dam strong. Keep feeding him the ball.

BTW, Kentucky players need to calm down a bit

Randles ball protection is absolutely horrible. I'd go as far as to say its worse than the wonder twins but thats pushing it

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    When's the last time MSU has had a stud on the wing like Gary Harris? Please don't say Maurice Ager or Shannon Brown. lol

Heck, I should say stud in general because while Draymond was a first team all-american, he wasn't and is never gonna be more than a bench player in the NBA. Harris can legit carry this team I believe on offense without relying on teammates.

Payne is nice too. lol

Worried about only being up 12 though....let's see if they can keep it up and it starts on defense.
    Gary Harris was a steal. At the time Purdue and IU were both strong teams, but he chose MSU anyways.

Izzo has made a career off of taking gritty defensive wings and making them look LIKE studs, but I agree, in terms of talent transferrable to the next level, Gary Harris is as good as we've had, at least since Morris Peterson. (lulz)

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    Randles ball protection is absolutely horrible. I'd go as far as to say its worse than the wonder twins but thats pushing it
    that's kind of unfair. i mean we are talking about MSU. All Izzo teams make you look a little worse with the ball, the defensive philosophy is predicated on intense ball pressure and hard rotations on defense. That's why everyone talks about Izzo's teams being gritty, it's hard to convince a guy to commit to a school knowing that they are going to be busting their asses all over the floor, hence the reason we get a lot of blue collar players.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    Gary Harris was a steal. At the time Purdue and IU were both strong teams, but he chose MSU anyways.

Izzo has made a career off of taking gritty defensive wings and making them look LIKE studs, but I agree, in terms of talent transferrable to the next level, Gary Harris is as good as we've had, at least since Morris Peterson. (lulz)
    Well Peterson was drafted 11th overall albeit in one of the worst draft classes ever (2000). lol

Gauna or Guana needs to man up here. I think that's what Dawson was telling him when they were going at it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    that's kind of unfair. i mean we are talking about MSU. All Izzo teams make you look a little worse with the ball, the defensive philosophy is predicated on intense ball pressure and hard rotations on defense. That's why everyone talks about Izzo's teams being gritty, it's hard to convince a guy to commit to a school knowing that they are going to be busting their asses all over the floor, hence the reason we get a lot of blue collar players.

Matt Costello I effing love you

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    Well Peterson was drafted 11th overall albeit in one of the worst draft classes ever (2000). lol

Gauna or Guana needs to man up here. I think that's what Dawson was telling him when they were going at it. lol
    i know i saw that too

he needs to pull his socks up and get in the game

james young looks like a great college player in the making. dude can shoot the hell out of the ball