Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Default Re: Israeli Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    euroleague.net has all the games available for a fee.
    http://www.myp2p.eu/ and jumptv are free.
    talkbasket forums always have a link to a game.
    Thanks. I really appreciate it. :)

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Naharyia is my favorite team in the bsl, Raviv Limonad is my favorite player and I enjoy nothing more than a maccabi domestic loss. The way the media and owners handle their disappointment is always a joy to watch. I expected the league would learn to handle Carlos Arroyo because the same happened with Marcus Fizer, Lee Nailon and other players in the past, but I didn't think they would learn this fast. Everyone knew the athleticism was there but know-it-alls wearing the jackets with elbow patches or the good-ole boys with the golf shirts at the country club.

Maccabi lost again to galil elyon this time by twenty. Lior Eliyahu didn't play and Omri Casspi got injured and didn't play much and you could see how much maccabi needs them. This wasn't the best time to buy my Carlos Arroyo maccabi jersey.

Learning to shoot layups Taras Bulba's Avatar

Maccabi lost again to galil elyon this time by twenty. Lior Eliyahu didn't play and Omri Casspi got injured and didn't play much and you could see how much maccabi needs them. This wasn't the best time to buy my Carlos Arroyo maccabi jersey.
    It was a practice game...

Quote Originally Posted by Taras Bulba
    It was a practice game...
    Maccabi still really sucks without Eliyahu and Casspi. You just have to wonder what the hell management is thinking, if they can think.

Learning to shoot layups Taras Bulba's Avatar

Maccabi still really sucks without Eliyahu and Casspi. You just have to wonder what the hell management is thinking, if they can think.
    Well, I don't know many European teams that wouldn't have a reduced performance without 2 of their best players. This particular game was a friendly game, which are used to rest some players and give playing time to other players in order to help them gel in.

Eliyahu is rumoured to have offers from other European clubs in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Taras Bulba
    Well, I don't know many European teams that wouldn't have a reduced performance without 2 of their best players. This particular game was a friendly game, which are used to rest some players and give playing time to other players in order to help them gel in.

Eliyahu is rumoured to have offers from other European clubs in the summer.
    Good for Lior Eliyahu he should leave maccabi for the way he was treated

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

I thought Eliyahu was joining TAU this year. I think he is a great player that could be a force if he left maccabi.
    This is not a question to antagonize israelis,but the shahr peer thing is pissing me off,so much attention over nothing.let's test israeli double standards, you argue not to mix sports and politics,which I am all for,and I am also in favour of letting her play(probably wouldnt get past the 2nd rd) however is maccabi playing in the euroleague not political? Is Israel playing in european competitions and european qualifyers not political? what will it be? I say let peer play in dubai as she should but then play qualyfiers for the asian cups and lets face it for football you would have a better chance of getting to a world cup.Lets not say you dont play in syria and iran for safety reason because that is the reason dubai rejected peer visa.

The politics makes me sick so I avoid it. Turkey's really an asia country but they play in europe because of the competition and the same is with israel. In any fair competition israel would dominate the middle east and that would either be boring to watch or the politics annoying. The bottom line is israel is good for business and that why they're in. Maccabi's is bigger business than more than half the nba.

Saw a basketball once

Hey check out my blog about trying to become a pro basketball player overseas. I think you will like it! http://kohsterized.blogspot.com

Maccabi has signed Chuck Eidson. Big pickup for them, he lead Rytas to the Eurocup, National Championship, President's cup and Baltic league titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Maccabi has signed Chuck Eidson. Big pickup for them, he lead Rytas to the Eurocup, National Championship, President's cup and Baltic league titles.
    I saw him a couple of years ago when Rytas got to the uleb cup final,he was good but last year in the euroleague he was very mediocre.

Learning to shoot layups

Some say that Maccabi is interested in Allan Anderson who currently plays for Cibona. He is great player who puts big numbers in Adriatic league and A1 league (croatian championship). He was very good in Euroleague too...

Great physical play and average shoot, but he is not selfish player ang could have place in Maccabi.

Quote Originally Posted by Psych0
    Some say that Maccabi is interested in Allan Anderson who currently plays for Cibona. He is great player who puts big numbers in Adriatic league and A1 league (croatian championship). He was very good in Euroleague too...

Great physical play and average shoot, but he is not selfish player ang could have place in Maccabi.
    maccabi are renowned for making shrewd signings. Parker,Morris,Fischer,baston etc ,players that were not very well known but did big things for maccabi.ok they do screw it up sometimes,like bluementhal or bynum.