Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 08-08-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here
Default Josh Smith signs 5 yrs 58 million offer sheet

Solid signing for a good price if the Hawks don't match.

Conley
Mayo
Gay
Smith
Darko

Nice young core of youthful, skilled, athletic players. Warrck could also masquerade as a center at times and even though you would get beat on defense, would be a very fun lineup to watch and you guys would be on espns top 10 every night
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:05 PM   #2
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Josh Smith signs 5 yrs 58 million offer sheet

It's a nice contract worth offering. I wasn't really expecting to see any move from the FO anytime soon, but the 5 yr deal seems reasonable and won't break our backs of the Hawks do not sign.

Hawks have a lot of capspace to spend along with JJ in 2010. If they keep Josh Smith then they could just say bye bye to their future FA signee.

I honestly don't think that the Grizz will be able to attract big FAs without overpaying.

I am still hoping that Darko becomes more consistent and starts using his jumper and finesse again. Start Darko and Gasol together and be a legit halfcourt team.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:17 PM   #3
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

I mean a 35 win season isn't out of the question for you guys for now, your players are still young but should develop chemistry by the end of the season. If everyone plays their roles and is willing to share the ball, I see a potential playoff team in a year or two.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:33 PM   #4
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

This would be great. But the hawks will definitely match this offer. I think they were just waiting for smith to get an offer that way they could just match it.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:42 AM   #5
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Looks like the Hawks have matched it already, I just read it in the main forum. Well, atleast something happened and an effort was made, it's better than nothing. Also, we have more than enough money, to sign almost any player, with all the players going over to Europe just because of money, then I can see players coming to the Grizz just because of money.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 02:09 PM   #6
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

The problem is, there are no FAs left. Also, next year's crop doesn't have any great young players as well.

Too old / Impossible: Kobe/ Iverson

Boozer? Not a chance...

Eddy Curry?
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 02:10 PM   #7
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah this was no surprise at all that the hawks matched. The only thing that I was wondering about was when they would match. If the grizz had been serious about josh smith. Then they would of offered like 65 million. Instead of the 58 million that they offered.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:22 PM   #8
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've read a few things that have said this was just a favour to Atlanta kind of thing from Memphis. Atlanta wanted Smith, but didn't want to pay money out the arse for him, so Memphis gave him a smaller deal, that Atlanta could easily match. I guess it makes sense.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #9
Grizzled Mayo
I brick open layups

Grizzled Mayo has an OK reputation so far

Look man I didnt really want the cat anyways But if youre gonna go after a player as good as he is at least pay the man right!!!

That bum bogut got overpayed so why didnt we offer him something real too
Grizzled Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:51 PM   #10
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzled Mayo
Look man I didnt really want the cat anyways But if youre gonna go after a player as good as he is at least pay the man right!!!

That bum bogut got overpayed so why didnt we offer him something real too

I agree
Old 08-12-2008, 05:16 PM   #11
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

well kebab stall is right grizz just helped atlanta... sure in time smith deserves a huge payday but for now what grizz offered him is just about decent .
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:09 PM   #12
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
well kebab stall is right grizz just helped atlanta... sure in time smith deserves a huge payday but for now what grizz offered him is just about decent .

I mean I guess that was the right amount. I mean if it were up to me he woulnt of gotten that much. The problem, like I have said before. Is that overrated players get huge deals that they shouldnt get. So when actual good players want a new deal they want even more than what the overrated guys are being paid. Which should be the case. However teams shouldnt pay certain players huge money if they havent earned it.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:30 PM   #13
Grizzled Mayo
I brick open layups

Grizzled Mayo has an OK reputation so far

Man im sure cardinal really earned that 20 million he stole .I mean earned from the grizz
Grizzled Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:33 PM   #14
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzled Mayo
Man im sure cardinal really earned that 20 million he stole .I mean earned from the grizz

What? You mean cardinal didnt deserve that huge payout that we gave him. The same payout that has made it impossible for this franchise to make any real moves. Im sure he did something to make jerry west give him everything. Like maybe cardinal was cutting jerrys grass. nd jerry couldnt pay him for it. So he offered him an nba job.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: