Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 10-26-2006, 09:56 PM   #1
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far
Default T-Wolves First 10 Games

I'm bored so I figured i'd look at the first 10 games of the Wolves schedule and give my prediction on how we're gonna do.

11/1: Kings- W, 102-96
11/3: @ Nuggets- L, 90-79
11/4: @ Blazers- W, 95-88
11/6: @ Kings- L, 105-101
11/7: @ Lakers- L, 97-89
11/11: Magic- W, 94-84
11/14: Blazers- W, 102-85
11/17: @ Cavs- L, 98-94
11/18: Hornets- W, 91-77
11/22: Knicks- W, 104-95

I got us goin 6-4 which I think the Wolves can do easily. Anything less than that and I'll be dissapointed. We could go 7-3 or so if we can go 2-2 on that 4 game road trip but im not expecting much. 6-4 would be a great start to the season for the Wolves, while everyone is getting a feel for one another.
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 01:56 AM   #2
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

7-3 or better...BOOK IT! I think we will rule the beginning of the season.

Reasons:
1. Paul tired from playing international ball all summer
2. Bibby is out with an injury
3. Knicks probably will suck
4. Blazers aren't any good
5. Magic lots of new players and young talent compared to our experienced club

So...
Blazers = 2 wins
Sacramento = 2 wins
Magic = 1 win
Knicks = 1 win
Hornets = 1 win (I also think Peja is out with an injury, not sure)

Then there's that toss up if we beat the cavs or lakers considering if Lebron or Kobe have a bad night with Trenton Hassell gaurding them...we could pull away with one also. Hopefully everything goes to plan. (Injuries are helping us so far)
I'm hoping Lebron is tired but don't count on it...he's so conditioned...its not even funny! I don't care what people say, we are contenders if we have a good beginning of the season.

Last edited by 04mzwach : 10-27-2006 at 02:13 AM.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:43 PM   #3
Kemosabe
High School Varsity 6th Man

Kemosabe has decent reputation

I think they will all home games (the magic will be thoughest) and Blazzers and Kings away.
They should be 6-4 or at worse 5-5 after the first 10 games.
Kemosabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:40 PM   #4
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

11/1: Kings- will be tougher than most think, even if bibby is out, they still have artest, miller (i think he might miss too though), kevin martin, SAR, etc. this isnt a given IMO.

11/3: @ Nuggets- I think its good we get a look at our main division opponent so early in the year. we can see what we have to deal with the whole season. right now they are just about fully healthy which they havent
been in forever, but will they be able to play as a team?

11/4: @ Blazers- Should be a win, first roy vs foye meeting to see who got the better young gun, hopefully we did. i remember we played portland in the first game last year and it wasnt a stroll in the park. dmiles killed us.

11/6: @ Kings- Bibby might be back, i think this will be a loss. arco arena should be back to their days when they had vlade and cwebb.

11/7: @ Lakers- IF hassell holds Kobe to lower than 25 and IF we dont have another "kareem rush" incident, this should be a W.

11/11: Magic- Our toughest home game in this stretch. should be interesting watching KG and dwight go at it. should be a nail biter but we should pull it out unless jj has a lights out shooting night.

11/14: Blazers- Better be a W. hopefully the guys have started to get somewhat of a small feel for each other, i know it takes longer, but maybe they'll be more cohesive.

11/17: @ Cavs- I think Lebron will have his way with us (even though i dont like lebron) hassell is too small to defend him and we dont have anyone else except KG and maybe reed. plus i doubt blount will shut down Z.

11/18: Hornets- Another tough home game. CP3 brings in his new crew with peja and chandler. kg and tyson go at it quite a bit. if we play like we're capapble of, should be a W.

11/22: Knicks- Steph with another return. will the crowd STILL boo him? i hope so. knicks with soo much talent, but only one ball. i will cry if we lose this game.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:59 AM   #5
04mzwach

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Did you guys not hear me? 7-3 BOOK IT!!!

COULD BE BETTER THAN THAT
Old 11-05-2006, 10:10 AM   #6
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

I am going with 8-2.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:49 AM   #7
04mzwach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean
I am going with 8-2.
sounds possible with the schedule i guess.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:08 PM   #8
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

So much for 8-2. How about 7-3...lol!! I thought that we would have that 8-2 start, but I guess it did not work out that way.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:49 PM   #9
04mzwach

Well, we definetely get more than 3 of our next 7. It would be a start.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:07 AM   #10
JellyBean
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
Well, we definetely get more than 3 of our next 7. It would be a start.

Just as long as we stay above .500. I hate the .500 mark. We need to go after a 7-3 mark.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:00 PM   #11
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Theyve been alright so far.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:20 AM   #12
JellyBean
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
Theyve been alright so far.

A Knicks fan!!?? Well I hope that you guys have a great season.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:48 PM   #13
04mzwach

If we don't win our next 3 games consecutively I will be very disappointed considering the amount of time given between each game. We should have fresher legs than our oppenents and a lot more time to prepare. Plus, Foye will have more time to prepare for the 30 point game he will post sooner than later. I wish KG would do more of what he did in Portland, when he basically took over the game. He should do that every game in the 3rd or 4th quarter.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:24 PM   #14
JellyBean
College superstar

I thought that, at the start of this 10 game swing, we would be 8-2 or 7-3. Where in the heck did this 3-5 crap come from!!!???? We gotta do better than this.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:06 PM   #15
04mzwach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean
I thought that, at the start of this 10 game swing, we would be 8-2 or 7-3. Where in the heck did this 3-5 crap come from!!!???? We gotta do better than this.
yeah...hopefully we pick up the slack. Our scoring isn't as potent as it is suppose to be but once we get that rolling, we will start winning more games.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: