Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #121
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation
Default Re: "Literally" and other annoying pieces of current communication

"Like" and "Basically".

I know a guy when explaining shit, he can't stop using the word basically and uses it every other sentence. Unconsciously? He had a tutorial video up and I decided to watch it and count how many times he said basically throughout a 9 minute video. Over 50! I lost count.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #122
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
"Like" and "Basically".

I know a guy when explaining shit, he can't stop using the word basically and uses it every other sentence. Unconsciously? He had a tutorial video up and I decided to watch it and count how many times he said basically throughout a 9 minute video. Over 50! I lost count.
You think that is bad? I had a girl in my spanish class last semester that would same um whenever she had to give a speech. One time I decided to count it out and for a 3 minute speech, she said um 137 times. She was saying it every other word.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:13 PM   #123
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

I cringe whenever people bring meme expressions out of the cyberspace barrier and into real life.
no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #124
PullupJay
This Digital Ghost

PullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by no pun intended
I cringe whenever people bring meme expressions out of the cyberspace barrier and into real life.
Cool story bro is the only exception
PullupJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:45 PM   #125
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i use 'literally' sometimes if i want to get the point across that i am not using hyperbole. but 'literally' in conjunction with hyperbole is annoying.

but bringing internet jokes into real life has been the worst. one of the most annoying is the praise received for making every day observations - the worst of which starts with the line "that awkward moment when..." the moment is never that awkward and it is never that funny. it is like when someone goes into detail about their dreams. they should be events you keep to yourself, think about them for a minute and then move on.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #126
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's pretty much impossible for people my age to speak without using like or um.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #127
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
so-and-so rocked a piece of clothing at venue of choice. such-and-such other minor celebrity rocked some other piece of clothing across town... on the very same night!
nobody rocked a godamn thing by wearing a piece of clothing, you miserable media whore and wannabe social butterfly.

by comparison, a musician "rocked" something by playing some amazing guitar, drums, keyboard, etc. or a tidal wave "rocked" a huge ocean liner when it slapped it like a mofo right across the bow. or a cycling fan was "rocked" when they learned that lance armstrong was potentially stripped of his incredible seven straight tour de france medals.

that's the definition of "rocked," you media morons. so once again:

some known or unknown 'celebrity' rocked nothing by putting a piece of f--king fabric on their bodies, and you didn't rock shit by headlining the matter on your stupid-ass TMZ site or other irrelevant social gossip URL geared towards teenage girls, catty housewives, and uptight transvestites.

just sayin', is all. :)

Last edited by gigantes : 08-26-2012 at 10:28 PM.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #128
magnax1
Green Union's Grant

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's just conversation filler. Who cares? The vast majority of people do something like this whether they realize it or not. I say though all the time. I usually don't realize when I do it though. I do it an awful lot though.
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:34 AM   #129
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

SevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
You think that is bad? I had a girl in my spanish class last semester that would same um whenever she had to give a speech. One time I decided to count it out and for a 3 minute speech, she said um 137 times. She was saying it every other word.

I used to find this especially during public speaking. I don't think it's really the same thing as putting like after every second word. Just something you say when you're not quite so sure of what you want to say and are nervous.
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: