Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

[QUOTE=AItheAnswer3]I was surprised to see JR still wearing #1 because he wanted to switch to 23. He'll probably do that now since Billups wears the 1.[/QUOTE

Don't you guys know the rules. JR has to get league permission to change to #23....He has applied and he will get it NEXT SEASON.

Who gives a flying fu$# what number MR COLORADO wears..

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
    When's AI's debut?
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=32265

There's no guarantee the new guys will be in uniform by then, since players have 72 hours to report, but either way, there's something for the Warriors to look forward to:
    I guess it applies to AI then as well. So we might see him on november 7th game, rather then 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    Billups has 36 million and three years remaining and he has an additional 14 mill team option for 2011. mcdyess makes 7 mill a year for the next 2 years. for a team that was in cost cutting mode, this makes nosense whatsoever.
    With Melo, Kmart, and Nene all with big deals locked up for multiple seasons, cutting costs wont be that easy. I figure that they essentially realized that Kmart is not going, nene is not going, and a Melo trade will most likely make them a worse team. Even with AI off the books, they are still hovering over the cap. So they cant really fully rebuild until some of those big contracts are gone. Billups is a significant upgrade for this system with Melo as the man.

2009 FA's Which one do you want:
    2009/2010 Free Agents

Kobe Bryant
    Le Bron James
    Tracy Mcgrady
    Dwayne Wade
    Paul Pierce
    Jason Richardson
    Josh Howard
    Carlos Boozer
    Steve Nash
    Manu Ginobli
    Tony Parker
    Chris Bosh
    Joe Johnson
    Ray Allen
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Tayshaun Prince
    Shane Battier
    Michael Redd

Jordan Farmar
    Rudy Gay
    Brandon Roy
    Rajon Rondo
    Tyrus Thomas
    RIP Hamilton
    Al Harrington

By signing MR COLORADO with his 60 million dollar 4 yr contract. we will be over the salary cap again..and we have no chance in hell to get younger and more athletic

Decent college freshman

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.s...n_has_som.html

Joe Dumars on AI...

"I like guys who are in a position to have something to prove," says Dumars. "Even though this guy is a hall of fame player, he wants to prove something here on a winning team. He has not played on a winning team like this before."

"Besides his talent, besides all the scoring, I think what stands out about him is...here's a guy who shows up every single night," he adds. "He gives you the full show every single night, and that appeals to me. I just think he's going to add some juice and some excitement and add a dimension to our team that we haven't had."

Quote Originally Posted by paguy1955
    2009 FA's Which one do you want:
    2009/2010 Free Agents

Kobe Bryant
    Le Bron James
    Tracy Mcgrady
    Dwayne Wade
    Paul Pierce
    Jason Richardson
    Josh Howard
    Carlos Boozer
    Steve Nash
    Manu Ginobli
    Tony Parker
    Chris Bosh
    Joe Johnson
    Ray Allen
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Tayshaun Prince
    Shane Battier
    Michael Redd

Jordan Farmar
    Rudy Gay
    Brandon Roy
    Rajon Rondo
    Tyrus Thomas
    RIP Hamilton
    Al Harrington

By signing MR COLORADO with his 60 million dollar 4 yr contract. we will be over the salary cap again..and we have no chance in hell to get younger and more athletic
    Hey tardf-ck. Most of those are '10 free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco totti

Gee where did i hear that before....Oh yeah that's the same speach the Nuggets staff gave when they traded for AI.. And we see how much Denver cared about winning

Quote Originally Posted by catzhernandez
    Hey tardf-ck. Most of those are '10 free agents.

Ya mama!

Regarding what number Billups may wear

NBA lottery pick

I know for sure mcgrady and yao are gonna be free agents in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by paguy1955
    Gee where did i hear that before....Oh yeah that's the same speach the Nuggets staff gave when they traded for AI.. And we see how much Denver cared about winning
    When was the last time the Nuggets won 50 games before last season?

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic R
    When was the last time the Nuggets won 50 games before last season?
    About 20 years

NBA lottery pick

I think its a win - win for both clubs. the pistons get a great player and will get a big cap reliefe at seasons end. they can keep there cap till 2010 and make a run at lbj.

The nuggets get a solid PG who can now finally get all that amount of talent contributing at the sametime. more importantly this becomes melos team. he can now shine. iverson was a dark cloud over him.

Da Mavs

Damn I was shocked to hear this.

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

this trade is great for both teams. Iverson brings star power to Detroit, as well as increased title hopes, while Billups returns to his comfort zone in Colorado, while allowing Carmelo to become the sole go-to-guy, and possibly letting the talented J.R. Smith start. If these two teams met in the finals, I wouldn't be shocked.

it's that time again...