Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Do you even lift bruh?

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    Most guys who lift are ****ing terrible athletes

My gym is terrible... 90% are no leg training chest and arm lads and the small percentage who do train legs in any form are usually terrible at it AKA quarter squats, rounded deadlifts or just use the leg press/machines. Then there's that 1% of guys who actually know what they're doing.

Got these curls and bench lords who walk around like their tough as **** but deep down they know I'd drop them in seconds and proceed to sit my huge glutes on their heads.

Essentially people who lift for all the wrong reasons (AKA look good for the girls) they want to LOOK strong but they don't want to LIFT heavy..

Ronny summed it up best; Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight
    True. Most guys at my gym train to look like they lift, and dont do any of the money exercises (squats, deads, cleans, barbell rows, etc). I never really understood that mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    True. Most guys at my gym train to look like they lift, and dont do any of the money exercises (squats, deads, cleans, barbell rows, etc). I never really understood that mentality.
    So true to me I'd feel like a fraud if I were in that boat.

The worst are the ones who are on gear and have the same mentality.. just to look good. I remember a guy from high school who was obviously on the juice in the last year or two of school... He probs thought he was a god at the time... Never trained the big three outside of the bench... Not even 2 years later he was looking just the same as he was before he ever picked up a barbell... Classic example of someone who should never touch that shit... A few killer cycles, look jacked for a little, then kill your natural test, balls are ****ed up, got gyno forming, balding prematurely, etc, all in the name of looking good to probably impress girls who really don't care these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    So true to me I'd feel like a fraud if I were in that boat.

The worst are the ones who are on gear and have the same mentality.. just to look good. I remember a guy from high school who was obviously on the juice in the last year or two of school... He probs thought he was a god at the time... Never trained the big three outside of the bench... Not even 2 years later he was looking just the same as he was before he ever picked up a barbell... Classic example of someone who should never touch that shit... A few killer cycles, look jacked for a little, then kill your natural test, balls are ****ed up, got gyno forming, balding prematurely, etc, all in the name of looking good to probably impress girls who really don't care these days.
    On the gear while in high school. Ouch.

I have a few professional bodybuilders at my gym. They have signed pictures of themselves up on the walls and are extremely full of themselves. They're absolutely on steroids and lift an impossible amount of weight. I get annoyed when non-gym goers think I use steroids because I look decently strong. I'm guessing the lazy guys who use roids would look like me and the ones that work their asses off on roids look like the guys I mentioned at my gym. I still don't have much respect for either, but the roiders I see are monsters for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    I have a few professional bodybuilders at my gym. They have signed pictures of themselves up on the walls and are extremely full of themselves. They're absolutely on steroids and lift an impossible amount of weight. I get annoyed when non-gym goers think I use steroids because I look decently strong. I'm guessing the lazy guys who use roids would look like me and the ones that work their asses off on roids look like the guys I mentioned at my gym. I still don't have much respect for either, but the roiders I see are monsters for sure.
    More guys take steroids than you think. Its just that most of them either dont know what they're doing or train like wussies (or both), so they dont get much from the drugs.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Just curious how many of you actually are able to use your strength?

How many of you can...

1. Serve a tennis ball (out of 3 tries) at over 75 mph?
    2. Pitch a strike (out of 3 tries) over 40 mph
    3. Throw a regulation size football over 35 yards (3 tries)?
    4. Hit a golf ball over 200 yards consistently?
    5. Make 4/10 on three pointers consistently (practicing)?
    6. Vertical jump over 35 inches?
    7. Box?
    8. MMA/wrestle/karate/etc?

I don't lift but can do 7 out of 8 on there (can't hit a golf ball at all).
    The hell is your point?
    THOSE. ARE. SKILLS.

SKILLS.

WHICH REQUIRE REPETITION AND PRACTICE TO MASTER.

And what's your other point about excessive stress on the body.

Dude, bodybuilders lived to be in their 70s. Jack Lalanne 90s. etc. etc.

I understand that you are curbing our thinking to integrate the parameters of long term effects, cost-benefit ratio, and practicality, and good on you for that, but that other scenario 1800 cals and light activity? What the fukkkk.