Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Why is there constant PS3 vs. 360 debating?

Quote Originally Posted by lazerface
    uhhhhh, i think you forgot a few:

dead rising
    gears of war
    mass effect
    mass effect 2
    lost odyssey
    left 4 dead
    left 4 dead 2

talk about a blatant fanboy....
    these don't count due to the fact they are also on the pc

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    Lost Odyssey is on pc?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    But not Playstation 3. Of course they count.

ISH Jump Crew

I've had a 360, and I got a PS3 for Christmas...

I like the PS3 soo much better. My xbox broke, which was really frustrating, but it's not what makes the PS3 better for me. The PS3 just seems like a more grown-up system. The start menu looks so much cleaner and classy, plus free wireless online play. The only thing that sucks, is that I still have to buy a mic, also I don't get a few cool games.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic R
    Lost Odyssey is on pc?
    pretty sure

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    But not Playstation 3. Of course they count.
    if you're talking strictly exclusives you can't call them that, but I see what you're saying as far as a debate between the two

Default Re: PS3 vs. 360 debate. Which to get?

PS3 plays more media formats than XBox 360. I use my PS3 as a media player (connected to 1TB HD), and it plays pretty much every movie I download. On the other hand, many of the same movies don't work on my brothers XBox 360. I think the main problem is the XBox won't support anything over 720p, and doesn't support 5.1 AAC surround sound either.

Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose Clocian-IGN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lazerface
    uhhhhh, i think you forgot a few:

dead rising
    gears of war
    shadow complex
    mass effect
    mass effect 2
    lost odyssey
    blue dragon
    left 4 dead
    left 4 dead 2

talk about a blatant fanboy....
    funny thing is that most of both lists are weak except mass effect and lost odyssey. the rest are just casual multiplayer shooters

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pain of Thought
    I try to keep telling you, I'm not a *fanboy* - I owned the original XBOX, thought it was garbage. I've always been a Nintendo fan... thought the GameCube was the best platform of the last gaming generation (and I owned all three). I've owned the 360 since 2005. Never bought a garbage HD-DVD drive. I buy a gaming console for gaming, not something I feed DVDs into.

I do not own a PS3, but I will be getting one with the price-drop. I'm sure I'll enjoy my PS3, but based off the games that are out now, and in the future the 360 will be champ. Stop getting so pissed off. You suck. You fail, sir.

Why are you even trying to debate the whole Playstation Network VS XBL. You know damn well XBL is light years ahead of the garbage Gaystation Network. Read up on any credible unbiased gaming source and they will tell you the same. XBL totally destories PSN. Sony better get it together before the next gaming generation with it's online capabilities and funcationalities or they're toast.

If Sony offered a better product in terms of exclusive titles and offered a superior online world, I'd gladly say PS3 > 360. That's not the case. Just STFU already. You get on my nerves. You're a bastard in my humble opinion. You like to put mustard on your shoes. Hell, I'll get a bottle of A1 sauce, hit *OPEN* on your precious PS3 BluRay drive and pour the sauce all up in that bit*h. Don't think I wont either.

You a fuccccin hypocrit dont attack the guy like that! You fucccin FANBOY. Gaystation? You sound gay. Im for one with XBOX ELITE. GO FUCCCC A GOAT! HO

Quote Originally Posted by Clocian-IGN
    funny thing is that most of both lists are weak except mass effect and lost odyssey. the rest are just casual multiplayer shooters
    Very funny, since according to Gamerankings Gears of War is rated higher than (took the PS3 exclusives list):

Uncharted
    Resistance
    Resistance 2
    Ratchet And Clank: Tools Of Destruction
    Ratchet And Clank: A Crack In Time
    Killzone 2
    Demon's Souls
    inFamous
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    The Last Guardian
    Heavy Rain
    Valkirya Chronicles
    God Of War 3
    Yakuza 3
    Gran Turismo 5
    Agent
    MAG
    Warhawk
    Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
    Mod Nation Racers
    MLB:O9
    Final Fantasy Versus 13
    Heavenly Sword
    Twisted Metal PS3

So I guess those titles must be pretty damn ****?

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Very funny, since according to Gamerankings Gears of War is rated higher than (took the PS3 exclusives list):

Uncharted
    Resistance
    Resistance 2
    Ratchet And Clank: Tools Of Destruction
    Ratchet And Clank: A Crack In Time
    Killzone 2
    Demon's Souls
    inFamous
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    The Last Guardian
    Heavy Rain
    Valkirya Chronicles
    God Of War 3
    Yakuza 3
    Gran Turismo 5
    Agent
    MAG
    Warhawk
    Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
    Mod Nation Racers
    MLB:O9
    Final Fantasy Versus 13
    Heavenly Sword
    Twisted Metal PS3

So I guess those titles must be pretty damn ****?
    What rankings are these rankings based off of? I know for a fact that God of War 3, Final Fantasy Versus, and Gran Turismo 5 are not even out yet.
    Last edited by gyu; 02-02-2010 at 11:34 PM.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease LbloodOjunkieG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gyu
    What rankings are these rankings based off of? I know for a fact that God of War 3, Final Fantasy Versus, and Gran Turismo 5 are not even out yet.
    Neither is Twisted Metal. Whatever that guy posted has no credibility, as it lists games that aren't even out. Even if they were out, people who rank games are just ordinary people who just happen to rank games. Hell, you and I could start a website and start ranking games. It's all opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by gyu

Quote Originally Posted by LbloodOjunkieG
    Neither is Twisted Metal. Whatever that guy posted has no credibility, as it lists games that aren't even out. Even if they were out, people who rank games are just ordinary people who just happen to rank games. Hell, you and I could start a website and start ranking games. It's all opinion.

thats just a list of notable ps3 exclusives that he posted, not a "ranking"

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    thats just a list of notable ps3 exclusives that he posted, not a "ranking"
    What do you mean it's not a ranking? He said Gears of War is rated higher than these games, and goes on to list a bunch of games that Gears is supposedly better than, including ones that aren't even out yet. Am I missing something here?

As for the thread title, "Which to get?", it really depends on what you want. As far as which system has better games, that is truly all opinion. There is no right or wrong answer. I personally feel the PS3 has much better games, such as the God of War series, Killzone 2, the Resistance series, the Uncharted series, Demon's Souls, littleBIGplanet, etc. As for the 360, I'm not very interested in it's games. I've played Halo, didn't like it. Same with Left 4 Dead. Haven't played Gears, but it doesn't interest me all that much. One game I am interested in is Mass Effect 2. I hope one day that series makes it's way on the PS3.

If you are talking about the systems capabilities, hands down the PS3 wins. You can't play standard file types on the 360, such as mpeg-4, while the PS3 can. You also cannot plug in your external hard drive and copy files from the external to the 360, which I can do very easily with the PS3. PS3 also has Blu-Ray, which is nice. What can the 360 do that the PS3 can't? Serious question, as I really don't know. I couldn't find anything.

I've owned a 360 for a very short period of time, but sold it because I didn't like many of it's games and everything it could do, my PS3 could do and then some. Also, I seriously don't understand what is better about the 360 online. I've played Modern Warfare 2 online with both systems, and they ran identical.

My conclusion is this. If you are just using the console for gaming, take a look at each systems exclusives, see which ones you would enjoy more. I would also take into consideration online gaming. If you want to play games with your friends, and all your friends have 360s, maybe you should go that route. If you would like to use your console for more than just gaming, say you have an external drive that you use a lot or have HD movies on, have various file types that the 360 cannot play, want a Blu-Ray player, I would go with the PS3. PS3 really is a media power house, you can do anything with it. So far, the only file types the PS3 wouldn't read for me are .flv and .mkv, while the 360 can't even read mpeg-4 which is used very often.

I'm ready for any bashing to come my way.

As clearly stated in the post, I just took the original "PS3 exclusives" list posted in this thread.

That dude called GoW mediocre, but it's rated higher than all but two (or so) PS3 exclusives. I didn't bother taking out the non-released, but take out GT5 and God of War 3 and my argument still stands.