Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Nets 2015 offseason thread

Nets will have a cap hold of $6M I believe after Deron's buyout until 2020. That hurts your chances more of getting a top FA next year(s).

I'm not a fan of this either because we will have to pay him $5 mill a year for 5 years. But I guess it was really and impossible contract to trade.

Now what's our point guard situation? I don't think I can watch 82 games of Jack playing 34+ mins.

   

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Nets will have a cap hold of $6M I believe after Deron's buyout until 2020. That hurts your chances more of getting a top FA next year(s).
    the netsdaily article said that after the buyout and stretch happens, the nets will actually have a lot of cap room next year. #1 joe johnson coming off the books. #2 the league cap expansion, i guess.

that being said, i'm not sure the nets want to be taking on any more big contracts for a while.

one other thing about the buyout-- i still hate the way these contracts are guaranteed money. deron is the one who's underperformed, and now he wants to play for the mavs? no problem! the nets merely pay him 3/4 of his remaining salary or something like that.

btw, war mcgregor!

Yeah this is ridiculous. If you want to go, you can go. But dont take the money, why are we supposed to pay him for the next 5 years? He doesnt deserve anything, he should just leave all the money on the table if he wants to play for the Mavs. Even if Billy Kings wants to pay him, why over the next 5 years with $6M cap hold? Cant we just pay off the $30M promptly and its over?

Well whatever, Billy King is a bad GM and we know that from a long time ago. Maybe we really should've hired Kidd as GM back in 2014, he will be much better than Billy King, and we can look for a better coach than Kidd too.
    Last edited by Kiddlovesnets; 07-11-2015 at 03:43 AM.

   

btw just a random post, here.
    i might have to watch more postgames in future...

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    btw just a random post, here.
    i might have to watch more postgames in future...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Yeah this is ridiculous. If you want to go, you can go. But dont take the money, why are we supposed to pay him for the next 5 years? He doesnt deserve anything, he should just leave all the money on the table if he wants to play for the Mavs. Even if Billy Kings wants to pay him, why over the next 5 years with $6M cap hold? Cant we just pay off the $30M promptly and its over?

Well whatever, Billy King is a bad GM and we know that from a long time ago. Maybe we really should've hired Kidd as GM back in 2014, he will be much better than Billy King, and we can look for a better coach than Kidd too.
    But if kidd had traded for Sanders. The nets would probably be in the same position they are in now. Just with Mason at center an no one else.

So uhh..... Andrea Bargnani .......

Hollins won't put up with his lack of bball iq or rebounding...or defense. It'll be interesting to see how Hollins uses him.

   

i figure he has a bright future on our disabled list.

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    So uhh..... Andrea Bargnani .......

Hollins won't put up with his lack of bball iq or rebounding...or defense. It'll be interesting to see how Hollins uses him.
    He was mainly brought to fill Mirza's spot and is about $4 mill cheaper that what the Suns paid him. I'm not a fan of his either but for the vets minimum, I think it's a decent signing.

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    He was mainly brought to fill Mirza's spot and is about $4 mill cheaper that what the Suns paid him. I'm not a fan of his either but for the vets minimum, I think it's a decent signing.
    I don't mind that he doesn't have the best defense or rebounding ability. I just mind that he has a horrible basketball iq. It is absolutely ridiculous. He'll hurt this team more than benefit no matter what the price is.

   

Default Re: Nets 2015 offseason discussion thread

this cost-cutting is getting a little alarming. just a little bit.

cutting cory jefferson just to save $150K... i know the position is stacked, but. :/

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    this cost-cutting is getting a little alarming. just a little bit.

cutting cory jefferson just to save $150K... i know the position is stacked, but. :/
    I thought I read somewhere that cutting him saved like 3 million dollars. I could be wrong though.

I didn't see him making the team. He's worked hard to get to where he is. I'm sure he'll find another home. Maybe Philly.. Who knows. Right when the nets signed Thomas Robinson I knew Jefferson's days were numbered. The nets drafted a PF too.

   

ah, i forgot the nets don't have a dleague team right now. i was thinking 'let him develop and maybe later he can be traded for a guard.'

i guess the $150k is for the deadline coming up, and the 3mil is for the total life of the contract. oh well.

What do you guys think about the possibility of Joe Johnson coming off the bench? Would he fair better against the opposing second units? Idk if Brown starts again and the rook RHJ starts there's no wing shooter and the spacing for the starters becomes terrible.