Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default How do NBA 2nd round picks make a living prior to making a team?

I was just thinking about how 2nd round draft picks don't get a guaranteed contract and was wondering how the hell they get by while they try to make the team, go through summer league and preseason etc? Anyone here know anything about that? I know it's random but I tried to research it and found nothing.

I assume their agents or new team would spot them a place or money?
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 06-24-2011 at 07:34 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Re: How do NBA 2nd round picks make a living prior to making a team?

They carry luggage for the team , and get tips and free room and board
    next -

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

Live at home with parents.

Quote Originally Posted by b0bab0i
    Live at home with parents.
    . So a guy from Georgia is going to live in LA with his parents?

I'm sure the teams of those players at least supply them with some spending money.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I was just thinking about how 2nd round draft picks don't get a guaranteed contract and was wondering how the hell they get by while they try to make the team, go through summer league and preseason etc? Anyone here know anything about that? I know it's random but I tried to research it and found nothing.

If you get drafted around 2nd round pick you will most likely get signed and if not they will put you in D-League.

D-League players get paid around 18k+ depends on how good you are FEEL ME?

I made about 12k and failed due to my knees.

When you are a baller around that level you most likely play ball and only BALL so they can make it to NBA and get a FATTER contract in the NBA.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86

They get a stipend im sure. Just because they don't get a guaranteed salary doesn't mean it's not the NBA lol. I'm sure just like the other players, they get a room and board allowance etc.

Banned

2nd rounds do get contracts the Minimum.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

If you read "Can I Keep my Jersey" by Paul Shirley, its quite an interesting look into a dude getting by on 10 day contracts and playing in foreign leagues. Not so much as a draft pick, but i thought it was a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
    If you read "Can I Keep my Jersey" by Paul Shirley, its quite an interesting look into a dude getting by on 10 day contracts and playing in foreign leagues. Not so much as a draft pick, but i thought it was a good read.
    Thanks. I'll check it out.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZaaaaaH
    If you get drafted around 2nd round pick you will most likely get signed and if not they will put you in D-League.

D-League players get paid around 18k+ depends on how good you are FEEL ME?

I made about 12k and failed due to my knees.

When you are a baller around that level you most likely play ball and only BALL so they can make it to NBA and get a FATTER contract in the NBA.
    Is that you Nashe ?

Saw a basketball once loststiguziea's Avatar

Default ????? ????

Saw a basketball once loststiguziea's Avatar

Default danged good blogs and articles give everything

hello all, this is a countless articles i organize about search engines optimization hesitation it exposed if you like the end and abide in lack to tot up up to your speckle much much haler

קידום אתרים בגוגל | קורסי פסיכומטרי | רדיו לב המדינה | תחנות רדיו | רדיו גלגלצ | רדיו גלגלצ באינטרנט |