Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: [VIDEO] - Preliminary footage of a PRIME Elgin Baylor mix

Quote Originally Posted by Linspired
    are you saying baylor is dr. j or MJ type of athlete? just watch the video you just posted.
    Erving/Barkley Hybrid. Saying he's a below the rim player is flat out stupid. Based on the footage I have and what I know about Baylor, what you said basically equates to calling Blake Griffin a below the rim player. Young Elgin could (and did) leap, hell even old Elgin after he shattered his knees could still leap - look at his first dunk on Bill Russell in my video - that footage was 1968 several years after he'd split his kneecap into two large pieces and the surgeons removed half of reshaping the other half and reconnecting tendons with 1960's medical technology. Elgins maximum recorded reach is quoted 22" above the rim (clearly, before injuries), and I personally don't doubt it. He's got the explosiveness of guys like Blake Griffin but unlike Griffin you just don't see Baylor jump at 100% power on 100% of his shot attempts - he is holding back either to save his knees or w/e, but you honestly think most of the layups you see him doing in the video are him leaping his highest after seeing him do a freakish jam down Russell's throat like he does @ 46?.... Yah, he's got freakish athleticism on tap.

I rule the local playground Linspired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Erving/Barkley Hybrid. Saying he's a below the rim player is flat out stupid. Based on the footage I have and what I know about Baylor, what you said basically equates to calling Blake Griffin a below the rim player. Young Elgin could (and did) leap, hell even old Elgin after he shattered his knees could still leap - look at his first dunk on Bill Russell in my video - that footage was 1968 several years after he'd split his kneecap into two large pieces and the surgeons removed half of reshaping the other half and reconnecting tendons with 1960's medical technology. Elgins maximum recorded reach is quoted 22" above the rim (clearly, before injuries), and I personally don't doubt it. He's got the explosiveness of guys like Blake Griffin but unlike Griffin you just don't see Baylor jump at 100% power on 100% of his shot attempts - he is holding back either to save his knees or w/e, but you honestly think most of the layups you see him doing in the video are him leaping his highest after seeing him do a freakish jam down Russell's throat like he does @ 46?.... Yah, he's got freakish athleticism on tap.
    so you see blake griffin type of athleticism in that footage you just posted?

Banned

Wow its actually like watching magic johnson
    dude elgin deserved that ring more than charles, stockton, malone ...

Quote Originally Posted by Linspired
    so you see blake griffin type of athleticism in that footage you just posted?

I'm working on a mix, that 2 minutes is a tease - lmfao that you think that 2 minutes is what I'm basing my opinion on - I just got done watching several hours of Baylor related games and documentaries and have 12 minutes of highlights like that already pulled. I can assure you that by calling Elgin Baylor a "below the rim" player your retard meter is reading "full". and you even tried to call yourself a vintage NBA fan?

Banned

after watching both the west and baylor videos. it seems like elgin would have an easier time trying to catch up to todays game.

if you put both guys into one of todays team. west would come off the bench because he wouldnt be able to guard anyone and would need to work on his left

but baylor seems like he could come right in and give some solid shawn marion type energy and scoring ability..

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    after watching both the west and baylor videos. it seems like elgin would have an easier time trying to catch up to todays game.

if you put both guys into one of todays team. west would come off the bench because he wouldnt be able to guard anyone and would need to work on his leftbut baylor seems like he could come right in and give some solid shawn marion type energy and scoring ability..

not going to feed the trolls

Jerry West couldn't defend.
    Elgin Baylor was a below the rim player.
    What's next, Bill Russell was incapable of blocking shots?

Banned

not going to feed the trolls
    what do you mean?

i'm not trolling its a compliment..

the game has changed allot and grown allot skill wise, off hand, footwork, athletically, strategy wise...

dont tell me you're one of those people who think a 60's player is as good in todays game as they were back then

please don't say that

athleticism and shooting would be the only thing that could translate pretty evenly.. which is why baylor would have the easier time catching up than west

but common just use your eyes. how many dominant 1 hand dribbling slow up and down white guys with average footwork do you see dominating todays game as a pg or sg?

seriously man. guys like jerry west with limited off hand and speed would be specialty players at best in todays game

common sense.. use it

baylor clearly shows more transferable skills

I'm NOT trolling when i say this. i dont say it to get a response. dont even reply to this. just read it

Not airballing my layups anymore Metroid's Avatar

if you put both guys into one of todays team. west would come off the bench because he wouldnt be able to guard anyone and would need to work on his left

but baylor seems like he could come right in and give some solid shawn marion type energy and scoring ability..
    You're a loser. You know why? Because your whole life revolves around Kobe. Like in your post right now, it's just you using it as an opportunity to diminish past great players because you so desperately want Kobe to have less competition in rankings. The same way you put down even current Lakers, use them as scapegoats to take heat off of Kobe. Seriously, try to do other things in your life. Kobe is just some guy who doesn't even know you.

kennethgriffin > First of all, Jerry West was very athletic.
    Secondly, he's one of the great shooters of all time, yet you said that shooting translates well to the current era before using it to argue he wouldn't be as good today.
    Thirdly, there's a clear lack of perspective in your argument. The 60s actually belong to the modern era (Jerry West even played in the 70s). Please check when basketball was invented.

what do you mean?

i'm not trolling its a compliment..

the game has changed allot and grown allot skill wise, off hand, footwork, athletically, strategy wise...

dont tell me you're one of those people who think a 60's player is as good in todays game as they were back then

please don't say that

athleticism and shooting would be the only thing that could translate pretty evenly.. which is why baylor would have the easier time catching up than west

but common just use your eyes. how many dominant 1 hand dribbling slow up and down white guys with average footwork do you see dominating todays game as a pg or sg?

seriously man. guys like jerry west with limited off hand and speed would be specialty players at best in todays game

common sense.. use it

baylor clearly shows more transferable skills

I'm NOT trolling when i say this. i dont say it to get a response. dont even reply to this. just read it
    tl;dr

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Metroid
    You're a loser. You know why? Because your whole life revolves around Kobe. Like in your post right now, it's just you using it as an opportunity to diminish past great players because you so desperately want Kobe to have less competition in rankings. The same way you put down even current Lakers, use them as scapegoats to take heat off of Kobe. Seriously, try to do other things in your life. Kobe is just some guy who doesn't even know you.
    where in here do i mention kobe?

i'm not diminishing anyone

i rank players based on how they dominate their era... wilt n russell are top 2-3 players all time.. west is near top 10.. baylor #12-13

i just use common sense and know the game and players have grown since the 60s and it would be harder for elgin baylor to average 27/15/4 or west to average 27/7/6

today west would need to work on a few things to be effective in todays nba. thats not bashing what they did in the 60's

they were great in their time.

and when do i put down current lakers?

pau is a top 15-20 player
    bynum is top 10, 2nd best center
    nash is still a top 5-6 pg

all time pau is around 90-100 with his current resume... fair observation with 2 third team awards and a 18-9 career average

when i say bynum averaged 6ppg and 8ppg for his 2 titles. is that talking sh*t?

no..

IT HAPPEND

get off my nu*ts

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    kennethgriffin > First of all, Jerry West was very athletic.
    Secondly, he's one of the great shooters of all time, yet you said that shooting translates well to the current era before using it to argue he wouldn't be as good today.
    Thirdly, there's a clear lack of perspective in your argument. The 60s actually belong to the modern era (Jerry West even played in the 70s). Please check when basketball was invented.
    compared to what?

another 60's player... sure

compared to todays sg's.... no

where in here do i mention kobe?

i'm not diminishing anyone

i rank players based on how they dominate their era... wilt n russell are top 2-3 players all time.. west is near top 10.. baylor #12-13

i just use common sense and know the game and players have grown since the 60s and it would be harder for elgin baylor to average 27/15/4 or west to average 27/7/6

today west would need to work on a few things to be effective in todays nba. thats not bashing what they did in the 60's

they were great in their time.

and when do i put down current lakers?

pau is a top 15-20 player
    bynum is top 10, 2nd best center
    nash is still a top 5-6 pg

all time pau is around 90-100 with his current resume... fair observation with 2 third team awards and a 18-9 career average

when i say bynum averaged 6ppg and 8ppg for his 2 titles. is that talking sh*t?

no..

IT HAPPEND

get off my nu*ts
    b-b-b-b-ut West wud b a bench player cuz he cant play D and Baylor wuld give solid "Shawn Marion" minutes

kid, you crack me up

I rule the local playground Linspired's Avatar

I'm working on a mix, that 2 minutes is a tease - lmfao that you think that 2 minutes is what I'm basing my opinion on - I just got done watching several hours of Baylor related games and documentaries and have 12 minutes of highlights like that already pulled. I can assure you that by calling Elgin Baylor a "below the rim" player your retard meter is reading "full". and you even tried to call yourself a vintage NBA fan?
    dude this isn't the first time i've seen baylor.

go ahead post 5 hours of baylor that's not gonna change the fact his game won't be considered above the rim in today's standard.

i'm a vintage fan, but i'm not gonna act like baylor would be an elite leaper TODAY. why? because i hate lying to myself. that's why.