Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 03-16-2009, 01:35 PM   #1
the.powerhouse
I hit open layups

the.powerhouse has an OK reputation so far
Default Off-Season Training Tips

Off-season is approaching pretty fast for some, better start getting your programs ready! Here’s a collection of NBA Workout Footage to help you get started:

http://www.sportgorilla.com/topics.p...id=303&sc=true

And here are some Michael Jordan basketball training tips:

http://www.sportgorilla.com/topics.p...id=304&sc=true
the.powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:19 AM   #2
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Off-Season Training Tips

Best off season training tip is that you should give yourself some time off after the season. Avoid burnout, give muscles time to get back, stress reduction ect.

At LEAST 2 weeks off should be given at the end of any season I would say. XC and basketball kinda meld into eachother where im from, so at times during the basketball season I would feel like I had been going for half a year... which was actually pretty damn close to the truth.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:32 AM   #3
BasketballFit
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BasketballFit has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallguy20
XC and basketball kinda meld into eachother where im from, so at times during the basketball season I would feel like I had been going for half a year... which was actually pretty damn close to the truth.

I hope you weren't doing the XC to help with basketball, right?
BasketballFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:45 PM   #4
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketballFit
I hope you weren't doing the XC to help with basketball, right?

hahahahahahahaha

I see where your leading, and please dont. At 6'4" 220 XC gave me cardio and coupled with a limited ups program (mostly just stadium laps...) then I was able to trim down to around 207 thus adding to my hops and keeping most of my bulk (I started the season at about 212 and ended at about 217-223). My fasttwitch were back by 4th week of ball and I was in shape unlike most teammates. Anything can be used as a crosstraining sport and a sport involving running is sure to benefit you in many ways.

Edit:BTW, never broke 20 for a 5k but I got down to about 20:23
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:25 PM   #5
RHBoys
Can barely lace up my sneakers

RHBoys has an OK reputation so far

I would work on the mind. Focusing on Spring league...feeling successful...growing more confident each day.
RHBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:29 AM   #6
ABPrints
Kids at the park dunk on me

ABPrints has an OK reputation so far

NBA workout footage and Jordans son working out does NOT equate to anything that a youngster should be doing. Terribly, it is probably what they are doing however. Fallguy is right on, 1 week completely off, then a week of active rest, then gradually get back to track or baseball.
ABPrints is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: