Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: NBA 2K13 'GENERAL' Discussion

gotta say though this vc idea was really poorly thought out, from a players perspective.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

So for those of you who own it I have a few questions:

1. Is the isomotion really so far improved that it allows spacing for shots without having to use shot motions (i.e. the step back and such). I played the demo and it was far more fluid, but I would like to know if it truly works like in real life and gives you spacing.

2. Has the career mode improved?

3. How is MyTeam? I've been waiting and waiting for this feature to make it into a bball game. I only worry that with fewer players to choose from it may stagnate pretty quick.

Decent college freshman

I picked this up from Redbox and played a couple single player games and then tried to go online where I get fcking destroyed. I couldn't stop the guy no matter what and the only play I could score with was Dirk in the post.

Can anybody explain to a first time player what exactly I'm trying to do on defense? When can I steal and not get a reach in? How do I block shots? How do I body somebody up?

I'm playing on Xbox, any and all tips for a NBA2k scrub are welcome.

The only thing that bugs me is that VC is for everything, not just for MyCareer. Also the downgraded graphics kinda bug me, they look covered with honey

yeah the fact it's for everything yet you get so little is so illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    I picked this up from Redbox and played a couple single player games and then tried to go online where I get fcking destroyed. I couldn't stop the guy no matter what and the only play I could score with was Dirk in the post.

Can anybody explain to a first time player what exactly I'm trying to do on defense? When can I steal and not get a reach in? How do I block shots? How do I body somebody up?

I'm playing on Xbox, any and all tips for a NBA2k scrub are welcome.
    The defense is more difficult to play on this years game than last years. You cant body someone up like you could in 2k. Just because you press the steal button doesnt mean you will get the steal. It depends on the player you're attempting to steal the ball from. Thats where ratings come into play. Block shots arent easy either on this game. Overall defense is tough and feels like its harder to keep a guy in front of you than otherwise.

There is a Training Camp mode. I highly reccommend you play this until you get 100% on every skill and drill. Dont do it once until you get the "success" meter. Repeat it a good 4-5 times maybe more to get your mind in tune. For me I often revert to the 2k12 controls and fail at pulling off a move or score.

Also adjust defensive settings in a game. Lots of time the defensive settings are on "auto" so that means you allow the cpu to control how your players defend. Me? I like to play tight on guys (on ball) and off the ball either play tight or deny pass (usually with shooters). Remove "auto" from the double teams. Go down entire roster and turn it to "none" because if you need a double you can manually call it yourself. The cpu will double a guy and leave someone wide open for a score.

But get into Training mode and practice moves from post, dribble, shooting and defense.

O-Qua Tangin Wann

I love throwing no-look passes from the post with Iverson.

holding down that super defense button or whatever (i think its l1 or l2 on ps3) its called is helpful to use while guarding on ball.

I'm having some trouble finding the sweet spot for difficulty/sliders. I'm playing on all-star with sliders from operation sports forums, but I'm still shitting on the CPU and putting up like 120 a game. I love the way it plays, but I want the games to be close without getting cheesed by the CPU.

3-time NBA All-Star

Mods.... there should be an "Association" thread that is stickied

playing as the nuggets against the suns. really enjoy ty lawsons game. iggy driving is quite potent, gotta love it! scored 25 with him.

went 4-4 on threes with wilson chandler. this team def. intrigues me as an association, but i'd need to trade gallo or chandler for sure. a lot of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    yeah the fact it's for everything yet you get so little is so illogical.
    It's a con job plain and simple.

They're trying to force people to buy VC.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker
    It's a con job plain and simple.

They're trying to force people to buy VC.
    i know, and it's ridiculously annoying. i hope this doesn't become a common trend among gaming companies.

this game is actually really good and i'm really enjoying it, if vc wasn't so broken and they spent all their time with myteam on association it'd be easily in contention for best basketball game ever.

3 point shooting in this game is a lot better as well. im a lot happier with what is and isn't going in, which is a big complaint i had in 2k12.

oh you get VC from playing online games... good i'm not spending real money on that shit

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

WOW. So I wanted to hit up some 5 on 5 blacktop and it turns out you have to BUY the good players? So they want me to spend VC in every single freaking mode?