Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast
    HansMoleman
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Bynum: "We are all angry with each other"

Banned

Default Re: Bynum: "We are all angry with each other"

My assessment of the Lakers:

I know this is all gonna somehow be portrayed as Kobe's fault, but I don't care what anyone says..... The team isn't trying for 48 min besides Kobe and Ron, bynum is literally a black hole if you give it to him he won't pass because he wants to score and he will do nothing else but attempt to score... Teams double him , he turns the ball over and thats the way to make lakers lose. Gasol gets mad that hes not getting the ball when in reality he's become a fairy after winning the championship and I think when he goes up and tries to lay it in then gets the ball ripped out of him as if hes a 4'2 11 year old playing against pro players it's not actually his fault, his tiara is in the way. I like the angle that brown and farmar bring to the table, but it really doesnt work on some nights and we wouldn't have to rely on it if fisher understood what he can and can't do at this stage of his career... I won't say anything about odom because I haven't seen him in a few weeks, I'll let you know when he comes back.

I predict that kobes gonna start playing passive aka 2nd half of gm 7 suns for a few games because when he starts shooting these miserable failures that are literally good enough to win a chip for the next 2-3 years are playing as if its summer league, throwing wild passes and when they lose by 30 to a contender and someone in the west starts catching up Kobe is gonna light a fire under their ass if he hasn't done it already and they will get it together for playoffs.

National High School Star

It's been a problem since the all star break. None of the guys outside of Kobe seem to be able to focus. Fisher and Artest are atleast trying. Now that some of these chumps have rings, they think they can start asking for touches and deciding not to try hard and pout when they don't get what they want. Right now I'm not that worried, but if they're still this sloppy when the stretch run to the playoffs starts, I'm not going to be a happy camper.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypox
    It's been a problem since the all star break. None of the guys outside of Kobe seem to be able to focus. Fisher and Artest are atleast trying. Now that some of these chumps have rings, they think they can start asking for touches and deciding not to try hard and pout when they don't get what they want. Right now I'm not that worried, but if they're still this sloppy when the stretch run to the playoffs starts, I'm not going to be a happy camper.
    I can't figure out if it's a "we know where this is going, we'll do our best when it counts" thing or a "been there, done that, don't care anymore" thing for Gasol in particular.

IT doesn't help that the more focused Kobe is the more he wants to be the one making all of the plays.

-Smak

National High School Star

Great. Now Bynum, please punch Kobe in the face and end his career.

Quote Originally Posted by HansMoleman
    It's a long season, guys grate on each other after hangin out with each other everyday. Stuff like this is normal through the course of a year.

Banned

Funny how these cry to the media antics are never heard from the Cavaliers or Mike Brown

Lakers what, only 3 games back and we've heard over 20+ of these whiney "he's mean to me" type comments from that team this season. Shut up already and just play

Dunking on everybody in the park

Yeah the Cavaliers don't whine at all, they just promise they're going to win everything despite being down 1-3 in the series, they just keep dancing, brangging and talking about being disrespected all the time.

I'm just saying...

Reading the threads on this board you'd think the Cavs crushed Orlando last year, and then rolled over the Lakers in the finals. It's always "the magic has hurt feelings, the lakers have hurt feelings, the lakers can't possibly win".

Getting along and all is great, winning is better. Last year the Cavs were a super tight unit that got along and stayed that way all through getting their ass kicked by Orlando.

NBA Finals

Decent playground baller Sticks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Reading the threads on this board you'd think the Cavs crushed Orlando last year, and then rolled over the Lakers in the finals. It's always "the magic has hurt feelings, the lakers have hurt feelings, the lakers can't possibly win".

Getting along and all is great, winning is better. Last year the Cavs were a super tight unit that got along and stayed that way all through getting their ass kicked by Orlando.
    It's easier to win when you're not resentfully passing the ball to one of your teammates. Trust me, I've been on teams where I liked my teammates and where I didn't. The game was much easier when you felt comfortable passing the ball to your teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks
    It's easier to win when you're not resentfully passing the ball to one of your teammates. Trust me, I've been on teams where I liked my teammates and where I didn't. The game was much easier when you felt comfortable passing the ball to your teammate.
    The cavs are firing on all cylinders. Thus they are happy. THis makes sense. The Lakers are playing like shit (by their standards). Thus they are unhappy.

I don't see how the Lakers being pissy they are playing like shit is a problem. It's the same for the people who want to say the Cavs are too happy because they don't concentrate. People look for faults. I don't see any issue here. Angry teams can win, happy teams can win.

Decent playground baller Sticks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The cavs are firing on all cylinders. Thus they are happy. THis makes sense. The Lakers are playing like shit (by their standards). Thus they are unhappy.

I don't see how the Lakers being pissy they are playing like shit is a problem. It's the same for the people who want to say the Cavs are too happy because they don't concentrate. People look for faults. I don't see any issue here. Angry teams can win, happy teams can win.
    Off course very much true, from personal experience though I feel it's easier performing at the same high-level every night when the locker room is not tense and stressfull.

Too loose an atmosphere is not good as well though, I think we're seeing both sides of the medal with the lakers and the cavs. If I had to pick a team to play on it would be the cavs though, or any team which seems to have such a nice atmosphere.