Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Default Re: Das ESF; Fu-Schnickens; Lords of the Underground: Who did it better?

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    How'd you feel about 2 Live Crew, Kid n Play, Hammer, 3rd Bass and Kwame?

The only wacks to me were a few of them chick groups like JJ Fad lol. Supersonic.
    2 Live Crew was funny stuff to me in elementary school...I view that as comedy type rap. I have respect for 2LC though because they were kind of pioneers pushing what could and couldn't be said on cassette. I can still remember me and friends listening to "One and one...we're havin some fun..." and laughing. That was like the 3rd grade though.

Kid n Play were pretty wack as rappers but they didn't take themselves very seriously and House Party movies weren't bad...I don't really view them in a poor light that much. It's borderline how I view "Parents Just Don't Understand" by Will Smith, which I liked when I was very little.

Hammer was wack. I mean really I think even he knows he was wack. Him going gangsta was . I respect his place in rap I suppose but his music was shit let's be real. 3rd Bass was also wack as f*ck, couldn't get into them at all.

Kwame - I'm not that familiar with honestly, he is one of the few that somehow got by me.

Default Re: Das ESF; Fu-Schnickens; Lords of the Underground: Who did it better?

Damn did you just listen to violent shit like NWA Geto Boys and movement nighas like PE, Poor Righteous Teachers, Boogie Down Production and Jungle Brothers? Weird guys like Tribe, De La Soul, Digital Underground and Main Source?

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Damn did you just listen to violent shit like NWA Geto Boys and movement nighas like PE, Poor Righteous Teachers, Boogie Down Production and Jungle Brothers? Weird guys like Tribe, De La Soul, Digital Underground and Main Source?
    I listened to a lot of violent shit yes...loved Digital Underground though, they were THE SHIT. I liked Tribe a lot too.

A lot of those you are listing I wouldn't say are "wack" but I would say "were not for me"

I have lots of respect for De La and Boogie Down but couldn't get into their music really.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    Das EFX was wiggity-wack

I was never able to get into them...just no

I think I do remember owning a Fu-Schnickens CD and then also coming to the conclusion that they weren't for me. LoU - "Cheif Rocka"...not my thing either.

none of these guys were able to get a hold of me at all really...
    Das EFX were a lot of things, but they weren't wack, they kept it pretty real, had good rhyme schemes and used great samples, nothing 'wiggidy wack' about them.

Like I said before they had very little mainstream appeal and were a bit ahead of their time. Better management and a later burst on the scene and we'd remember them much differently.

NBA rookie of the year

Calling Tribe (The greatest rap group of all time) "weird" will get you shot my man. I'll hunt you down.

Default Re: Das EXF; Fu-Schnickens; Lords of the Underground: Who did it better?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    Calling Tribe (The greatest rap group of all time) "weird" will get you shot my man. I'll hunt you down.
    Calm down I mean that in a good way. Like how David Bowie and Prince are weird.

Default Re: Das EXF; Fu-Schnickens; Lords of the Underground: Who did it better?

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Das EFX were a lot of things, but they weren't wack, they kept it pretty real, had good rhyme schemes and used great samples, nothing 'wiggidy wack' about them.

Like I said before they had very little mainstream appeal and were a bit ahead of their time. Better management and a later burst on the scene and we'd remember them much differently.
    I agree they were ahead of their time. If they would have dropped Dead Serious just one year later along with Enta Da Stage and 36 Chambers, would have been perfect.

Duncan Pinderhughes and Blade Brown.