Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Default Re: Is the "LeBron's Teammates Suck" excuse in the making yet again?

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    No, in my opinion he needs to start playing like the best player in the world and forget what will his boyfriend Wade think or say about him. He doesn't owe him anything and when they step on the court he has to forget about friendship. Only then, his confidence will rise and he will begin to play like his old self....
    he plays nothing like Kobe though.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    Going on sports forums reading posts and getting input from other sport fanatics, I'm getting the impression that when he fails again that this is gonna be the excuse yet again despite him playing on arguably the best team in the league. This can't really be a valid excuse anymore can it?...

Discuss
    I was unaware that lebrons supporting cast without bosh was the best team in the league. If it is, then you may be on to something.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    I was unaware that lebrons supporting cast without bosh was the best team in the league. If it is, then you may be on to something.
    its gonna be easy. We can get Riley to play pg

Hopefully no one is using this excuse. Imagine anyone thinking about using this one after the decision. People have such short term memories.. remember when JVG said the heat were going 82-0?

Local High School Star

The problem I see with this Heat team "this year" is Wade and coaching. Lebron improved his game over the summer, but I can't say the same for Wade. Wade is basically coasting, picking his spots when to play hard, and is letting Lebron carry most of the load most nights.

The same was true last year too, but this year Wade has been out right INCONSISTENT. Lebron is in the post more this year, is taking less threes this year and is playing more off the ball. On Offense and defense lebron has played all five positions in some games. The dude has been asked to guard KG (a center) in this series. And he's still the Heat's most consistent player and he's averaging 30ppg, 9rpg, 5apg, and 2spg in these playoffs. Come on man.

Lebron expends so much energy during these games that he might as well be in Cleveland still.

But back to Wade. Where is the improvement in his game. His jumper is broke and has been all year. He hasn't improved off the ball. All his points come off post ups and pick and rolls. His role for this team is to be the Heat's scorer, and closer (you know like kobe and durant). And when he's doubled he has to be a playmaker, and make good passes. But he's done a poor job. Last year in the finals he was bad closing games also, so he shouldn't be without some blame there either.

Against this Celtics team Wade can't even hit a mid range jump shot. This will open up so much for the heat if he was a great shooter. And let's not talk about his FT shooting. He's a shooting guard who is an very inconsistent shooter. Obviously he is not putting the work in this area and should be called out.

Lebron shouldn't get blamed for anything going on this year. Wade needs to step his game up and improve his game. He also needs to be held accountable just as much as Lebron. Wade isn't carrying his load period.

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Pat Riley.
    Pat Riley didn't force him. Though I'm sure he talked him into it with visions of multiple championship rings and waves of South Beach silicone whores.

That team with prime Wade and prime LeBron is somehow ever shorthanded is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Injuries aren't an excuse. Everyone faces it.

If a team can lose a player of Bosh's caliber, and still have a prime Wade and prime LeBron, that's the definition of stacked.

Every team deals with streaky roleplayers. But if Wade is sucking and streaky, it's somehow the roleplayers' fault? Of if LeBron stops getting, for one game anyway, the ultra-superstar, historically-favored ref bias he normally gets, it's the roleplayers' fault?

Local High School Star Lord Leoshes's Avatar

The Heat would sweep all 3 teams if it was a 2-on-2.

people will be using that excuse until lebron joins the monstars

National High School Star

I love the argument that other players should shoulder the blame if the Heat lose. Isn't LeBron supposed to be the MVP? GOAT candidate? How in the world can other people be responsible?

Wade isn't carrying his load? Wade's not supposed to carry the ****ing load. He's LeBron's sidekick now, isn't he?

Haslem's not hitting the game winners? He's ****ing Udonis Haslem? Why the hell is he supposed to close games on a team featuring the MVP?

That's like saying it wasn't Karl Malone's fault he didn't deliver in the clutch back against MJ's Bulls, it was Shandon Anderson's fault because he missed some crucial layups.

Local High School Star Lord Leoshes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertime
    I love the argument that other players should shoulder the blame if the Heat lose. Isn't LeBron supposed to be the MVP? GOAT candidate? How in the world can other people be responsible?

Wade isn't carrying his load? Wade's not supposed to carry the ****ing load. He's LeBron's sidekick now, isn't he?

Haslem's not hitting the game winners? He's ****ing Udonis Haslem? Why the hell is he supposed to close games on a team featuring the MVP?

That's like saying it wasn't Karl Malone's fault he didn't deliver in the clutch back against MJ's Bulls, it was Shandon Anderson's fault because he missed some crucial layups.

Then maybe everyone besides Bron should just sit on the sidelines.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Leoshes
    Then maybe everyone besides Bron should just sit on the sidelines.
    That seems to be the effect he has on teammates one way or another.

LeBron is the best player in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    This whole notion that Lebron 'makes his teammates better' is starting to become a myth. Other than that 3PT he nailed with 30 or so seconds left, none of his points really had any impact. Yeah, they're within the flow of the game. Yeah, you take any points you can get - but in the grand scheme of things, Lebron's play has had less and less bearing to the final outcome. Remember, it wasn't until Wade had a HUGE game in Indiana that the Heat made their run and eventually pulled away.

I don't know man. Scorers like KD, Kobe and often times Wade keep the defense honest. They can work in the post, shoot from deep/midrange. Their skillset and versatility seem to make defenses ACTUALLY pay, whereas Lebron picks up garbage/erroneous points.

There's something to be said about his teammates having career years without him. That's all I gotta say.
    care to provide any examples?