Thread: ACL strain

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Default ACL strain

basically was playing ball yesterday, and this guy was driving into me while I was under a basket and I jumped up straight, and dude got bellow me and I landed very awkwardly..

now my knee is the size of a basketball, but went to a doctor and dude said its only a strain... One thing Ive heard a lot about those that one leads to another to another and to a tear.. Im giving up on ball for about 2 weeks.

So any experiences with those for you fellas?

Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: ACL strain

I hyperextended my knee landing awkwardly. I was able to walk normally about 3 weeks later. I've played a couple half court games and still cannot jump off my bad leg, subconsciously avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    basically was playing ball yesterday, and this guy was driving into me while I was under a basket and I jumped up straight, and dude got bellow me and I landed very awkwardly..

now my knee is the size of a basketball, but went to a doctor and dude said its only a strain... One thing Ive heard a lot about those that one leads to another to another and to a tear.. Im giving up on ball for about 2 weeks.

So any experiences with those for you fellas?
    the reason it happens is because the tendon becomes loose and weak after injury and requires the other supporting muscles and tendons to compensate. But all this does is fool you into thinking your knee is better. Just because you are pain free does not mean you are strong enough. You HAVE to do some rehab if your knee got that swollen. Don't make that mistake, and you might end up as one of the guys that actually comes back stronger than they were before because they focus on areas of their body they've neglected before. Happened to me after I partially tore my MCL (didn't require surgery)

Taking two weeks off is a good idea. Ice, rest, keep it elevated and wrapped up to get rid of the swelling faster.

Thanks guys. Im doing just that. After 4 days Im pain free, but still sometimes feel that uncomfortable feeling.

Next week will be held on super cool ball tournament, and Im thinking about playing. I just cant say no.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    Thanks guys. Im doing just that. After 4 days Im pain free, but still sometimes feel that uncomfortable feeling.

Next week will be held on super cool ball tournament, and Im thinking about playing. I just cant say no.
    feels like your knee is buckling or coming loose?

You need to go to the doctor. My worst basketball injury was back in 2006 when the player from the other team stepped on my left feet when I was running a fast break layup. I think I sprained it.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore ABPrints's Avatar

But a strain is a tear, or could be a slight stretch, all ranked in severity by "grades". Without MRI imaging, would be tough to tell exactly what is going on in there. IMO, if you cannot do a one leg squat on the injured leg, jump up and down in place on that leg or when running at full sprint-cannot stop within about 4 steps I would take a step back and work on getting that better instead of trying to improve your game.

Dont worry guys, one of my friends dad is a pro sports doctor, and dude checked everything, and my leg seems alright. It seems to be that most of the whole swelling was caused by the hit, not extention.

I feel super relieved

Congrats man, look after it. Post ACL here and ive lost most of my hops for now.

Saw a basketball once

Hey guys, i've been having knee problems recently. Not sure what it is, but just asking in case anyone knows. My knees have been sore for quite a while now, especially after doing a lot of jumpstops, euro steps etc. There hasn't been any swelling, but recently i felt a hot pain around the top left of my knee cap. I've iced it and stuff, but has it ever happened to you? Is this a bad sign?